Author Topic: People putty characters  (Read 6098 times)

cadmar

• View Profile
People putty characters
« on: March 11, 2005, 12:57:34 pm »
I have created a few head characters with people putty, but cannot get the files to show up in character under options after I have placed them in the character folder in the zabaware program. I have either the .htr or its original format from people putty, I have a .ppf file and a .jhp file. Can someone help me with this?

Thank you

Rick
R. Downey

Darius

• View Profile
People putty characters
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 03:43:55 pm »
People Putty creates the jhp as a morph file, you need to load a hap or htr character before adding the morph (it's more like mrf file than a htr or hap file).

This is a VB example:

HAP.HyperText = "Load [file= [" & App.path & "anygirl.jhp] i0= 2] LoadMorph [name= anygirl switch= morphs i1= 1]"

About the ppf, no idea.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 03:51:16 pm by Darius »

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
People putty characters
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 06:15:50 pm »
If you're using the free Hal, you have to go to Characters folder and rename the Hal.htr and Zaba.htr. then give those names to the Haptek characters you want to use. I think the paid Hal will just read whatever .htr or .haptar files you use.

cadmar

• View Profile
People putty characters
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 07:43:57 pm »
IS there some sort of .hap character script I have to add with the .haptar file in order to be able to access the character from options/character? If I need some sort of script, where would I get it? IF I add the .haptar file on its own to character folder, it will not show up in the options/character file. Frustrating!
    Also, when I save my people putty character I click on save as .htr but it gets saved as a .haptar file.

thanks!!
R. Downey

cadmar

• View Profile
People putty characters
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 07:45:39 pm »
IS there some sort of .hap character script I have to add with the .haptar file in order to be able to access the character from options/character? If I need some sort of script, where would I get it? IF I add the .haptar file on its own to character folder, it will not show up in the options/character file. Frustrating!
    Also, when I save my people putty character I click on save as .htr but it gets saved as a .haptar file.

thanks!![:p]
R. Downey

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
People putty characters
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 01:08:58 am »
G'day Cadmar,
I have the paid version of hal and for a week or more could not get putty faces to operate in hal.
Every one kept telling me to change the .haptar file name to .htr,
which i kept on doing. Still didn't work even though it showed that the file name was changed.
Eventually i stumbled across the answer.
I am running xp home and even though i changed the file type, windows was not.
Do you get a warning when you change from .haptar to .htr,
IF YOU DO NOT GET A WARNING THIS SHOULD FIX YOUR PROBLEM.
FOLLOW THE SCREEN SHOTS I HAVE INCLUDED.

NEIL.   [?]

Insert Image:

Insert Image:

p.s. People putty save as haptar = correct.
If the above fixes your problem, after you save your putty face go to where you saved it to and change the file ext to .htr, you should get a warning that you are changing it, just accept it and ok the change.
As i said earlier i am running xp home, i suppose most other systems would operate in much the same way?

Insert Image:
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 01:39:24 am by NIGE »

cadmar

• View Profile
People putty characters
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 03:13:33 am »
Thank you all for your help, I really appreciate it!

All I needed to do was open any folder, click on tool/foler options/view/ and then uncheck the option "hide extensions for known file types.
I then simpy removed the .haptar & replaced it with the .htr
I only had to place the .htr file in the character folder and it worked fine!!

thanks again!

Rick[:D]
R. Downey