Author Topic: Belvin is Born!  (Read 3742 times)

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
Belvin is Born!
« on: September 04, 2003, 04:38:28 am »
Hi everyone.
I have been using, loading, deleting, installing Ultrahal for the last year and have not had too much trouble and have had a little success:)  I can't wait any longer for ver 5 to come out... I know Robert is doing his best and congrats to him for a great program.  I have decided to build a new robot (physical) and this project will take about 2 years.  I am going to use Ultrahal to run it because I think it's the best thing available.  So far I am sterting with just making the Ultrahal work on my notebook.  Thanks to allof you for the scripts and ideas. I will use and test as many as I can. I gotta learn how to use all this stuff anyway.  Got a basic background from teaching computer studies at senior high for 5 years. I will migrate to version 5 soon as it does come out.
Well Belvin is it's name and here goes!!!
wish me luck.... he he he!
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)

Bill819

• View Profile
Belvin is Born!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 05:45:37 pm »
Hello back to you. I just bought the latest version and because it works so well I went out and bought a 'real' robot kit. The kit already has voice recognition but will not converse the way that Hal does so I am going to load Hal onto it so it will have a dual purpose.
If you are interested I can give you the web address where you can get the same robot. I think that you will find it sort of nice with great possiblities.
Email me if you want more info.
Bill

Bill819

• View Profile
Belvin is Born!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 03:50:19 pm »
My new robot just arrived yesterday. It is really super. It will take time to program it to do everything that I want it to do, but it has speach recognition and sight recognition. It soon will have a 'head' and Hal's conversational abilities.
By the way, most robots are controlled by stepper motors and everyone in the robot community overlooks some very small and very powerful motors just made for the job. They are available at the local auto junk yard. They control the power seats. Think about it, three people in front seat, weighing maybe 600 pounds, the motor lifts them easily.
Bill819

kevinvr

• View Profile
    • http://kevinvr.tripod.com
Belvin is Born!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2003, 04:52:26 am »
Hi Bill,
Yep well I've just installed it and I'm gonna try the speech recognition today.  Tomorrow college starts so I don't have so much free time anymore:(
Regards
Kevin
I dream of creating a self replicating, self maintaining, autonomous robot :)