dupa

Author Topic: face and image recognition for ultra hal  (Read 7661 times)

betzelelgalut

• View Profile
face and image recognition for ultra hal
« on: January 01, 2011, 01:56:19 am »
hello,
 i was wondering if there was any plans to add image recognition to ultra hal. either as a plugin or an update in future programs. it would be nice if hal could scan an image and find similar ones on Google. also it would be cool if hal could see your picture from a web cam and recognize you as the user. and if it is a different person, it could switch the user profile. just some food for thought. aside from that it would be cool to add python functionality as a plugin and also perl.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Re: face and image recognition for ultra hal
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 09:19:47 am »
they have OPENCV BUT it needs to be made into an ActiveX DLL, Usable By VBasic.... as with these open source projects they have been made for use f=with some obscure language such as PYTHON....

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 05:32:16 pm »
yes this has been talked about with hal and even tried a little bit , it worked for some but not for others .
i to will be so glad when  real viable program for hal like this is made that will be another ultimate cool! :)

spydaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 10:27:39 am »
Probably if i had the "ActiveX" VideoCapture plugin then i could make an interface as i still have a Working old project... But it only works on XP... the EZVideoCapture.OCX does not work for me anymore.

I cant figure out open CV!

With my program You need to have a collection of Faces, It takes a Picture of the Current user then finds the matching Picture ... if correct it displays picture and name save with that entry.

In its current STATE/MESS if i feed it one of the previous created picture it still works, but i cant take the live/Picture on the fly....need a FREE OCX FOR CAMERACONTROL.

no  face tracking yet im afraid.

PS: I now have my hal communicating with another hal on another computer IF ON.. and on the same SUBNET. although he cant detect other hals if i manual ally add the IP address to talk to he can communicate,(both must add for two way or else will be one way) using UDP/NETSEND! im trying to figure out how to send across WEB to WEB

By using Visual basic you can build your own Custom Interface for HAL too! (PS: to access hals diary and plugins you will still have to use original interface, but as another personalised chat interface, LOVLEY)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 10:35:15 am by spydaz »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 11:47:25 pm »
spydaz,

Did you ever look at the original plug-in that was written to see if it just needed some tweaking. It sort of worked on my older XP computer. I haven't opened it yet but I know I still have it somewhere.

raybe

spydaz

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2011, 04:54:52 am »
the original plugin with the EZvidCap Control WORKS FINE on XP - I lost a lot of working stuff with that First VISTA UPGRADE - No WITH 7 / XP MODE im trying to Bring them ALL BACK

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2011, 10:17:01 am »
I think even some notebook / laptops offer face recognition as a means of letting the "real owner" log on.

Lenovo had one called "Veriface" I believe that was a free download but I don't know whether it worked
with any webcam or specifically for Lenovo products.

Bill819 mentioned some while back that his ER-1 used / had facial recognition with a web cam. Don't know
whether Bill is still taking in O2 or not?! ???

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

spydaz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 07:08:28 am »
http://www.luxand.com/facesdk/download/
Luxand face logon.. & face  lock features... It has a SDK here and documentation... Im taking a look at this one...

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 07:24:39 pm »
Hi Art
I am not using OS2 but XT basic. One problem with Hal's face recogniton is that if you take a picture of yourself in a red shirt the put on a blue one, Hal will not recognise you at all. It not only sees your face but your shoulders as well and all must be the same to work correctly, that is unless some changes have been made to Hal.
I would still like to interface my talking head to Hal as that would be fun.
Bill819

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2011, 02:50:55 pm »
a good system to have would be one that goes by the face rather then the shirt, etc. then and if possible would recognize colors so it could recognize and say that's a nice blue shirt you have on etc.  i know this probably doesn't help and is just an observation .

i had earlier posted a video about facial recognition on my "the robots are coming get your a.i. brains ready" post.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2011, 07:52:27 pm »
I have to agree, Lonnie. A good FACIAL recognition program SHOULD only look at faces and basically ignore things like shirt or jacket's, their colors, backgrounds, etc.

Perhaps the ER-1 software was too primative considering the time period that that particular was released (no offense meant Bill819), but technology has changed dramatically.

Check out this company's web site product:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnY87uwKSQM&feature=player_profilepage

Very impressive indeed!!
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -