Author Topic: Cannot seem to do pauses  (Read 4181 times)

echoman

Cannot seem to do pauses
« on: September 30, 2005, 04:24:19 pm »
Hello,

In Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader I cannot seem to do any pauses so that the voice stop for a few seconds between sections or for how ever long I want. This seems an obvious thing to want to be able to do. It must be possible. Does anyone know how?

Many thanks

echo.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Cannot seem to do pauses
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2005, 05:33:23 pm »
If you hit the stop button, it will stop reading and highlight the remaining unread section. Then you can simply hit "read selection" to continue where you have left off.
Robert Medeksza

echoman

Cannot seem to do pauses
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2005, 02:33:16 am »
Hello.

Yes that is one way but what I wanted to do was put pauses within the text itself so that they can be recorded as a WAV file (I need 10 to 20 second pauses at times). I tried adding lots of full stops, putting big breaks between paragraphs etc but the reader always reads straight on with out stoping. I love the program besides this.
I have ordered the Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech Reader with NeoSpeach. Does this have this option?

Many thanks.

echo

echoman

Cannot seem to do pauses
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2005, 04:56:56 pm »
Hello,

I have descided this really is not much of a problem as I can create the appropiate pauses by producing seperate wav files of pauses, then burning what I need onto a cd. Thanks for the help. It is a very useful program. Thankyou.

echo

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Cannot seem to do pauses
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2005, 06:29:09 pm »

Echo,
What a simple ingenious idea.
Neat!!
I like it.

[;)]