dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download  (Read 63242 times)

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
Re: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download
« Reply #135 on: December 05, 2017, 02:02:07 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure. I have a few skins with transparency masks, none of them will work after opening the calendar. I just reboot after and it's all back to normal.

-Spitfire2600

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #136 on: December 05, 2017, 08:27:27 pm »
Yeah, I'm not sure. I have a few skins with transparency masks, none of them will work after opening the calendar. I just reboot after and it's all back to normal.

-Spitfire2600

Hmm. Strange. I can't seem to replicate the problem on my test systems either.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 05, 2017, 08:42:31 pm »
@Robert, for Hal 7, could we add the ability to have Hal start up with the microphone already on? For 6.2 we tried to add a custom script but because i was using Dragon Naturally Speaking the script would throw and automation error. I was wounding if this was fixed or if there might be an easier way of doing this now.

Thanks!

This was a feature introduced to Hal 6.2, but never worked correctly. I have fixed and tested it in Hal 7, so hopefully it will work for you now too. Make sure the "always listen to commands" option is checked and then you can simply say "Wake up computer" or "Wake up Hal" and Hal will pop up. I've tested with the Microsoft speech engine, but haven't tried it yet with Dragon. But I believe it should work.

Robert Medeksza

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2017, 10:26:48 am »
This was a feature introduced to Hal 6.2, but never worked correctly. I have fixed and tested it in Hal 7, so hopefully it will work for you now too. Make sure the "always listen to commands" option is checked and then you can simply say "Wake up computer" or "Wake up Hal" and Hal will pop up. I've tested with the Microsoft speech engine, but haven't tried it yet with Dragon. But I believe it should work.

Thanks Robert, I'll give that a try when I get home this evening.

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 07, 2017, 09:09:55 am »

Hi Robert, i tried this when i got home and its still not working with Dragon 12. If i say "wake up computer" Hal pops up then i get automation error. see image. This also happens if say "microphone on".

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 07, 2017, 11:03:30 am »
I tried adding a table to Hal's database but for some reason when referencing the table in my plugin it doesn't use it. I added the table to the database as a "sentence". example of my code from my plugin:
If StrComp(Robot_Control_Response, "Hal") = -1 Then GetResponse = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("halCustomResponse")

If i reference a table that was already in the database it works fine like below:
If StrComp(Robot_Control_Response, "kit") = -1 Then GetResponse = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("politeAsk1")

I saved my changes in the database but no luck. Any ideas as to what might be the issue.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 07, 2017, 11:08:20 am »

Hi Robert, i tried this when i got home and its still not working with Dragon 12. If i say "wake up computer" Hal pops up then i get automation error. see image. This also happens if say "microphone on".

Hmm, ok. I'll load up Dragon 13 tonight and see if I get the same problem or not. Does Dragon 12 work other than this problem? If you disable the "Always listen to commands" check box, does dictation work if you manually open Hal and turn on the mic? Does Dragon 12 work on your computer in other programs? What version of Windows are you running? I read online that Windows 10 only works with Dragon 13 and not the older Dragon 12.
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 07, 2017, 11:11:09 am »
I tried adding a table to Hal's database but for some reason when referencing the table in my plugin it doesn't use it. I added the table to the database as a "sentence". example of my code from my plugin:
If StrComp(Robot_Control_Response, "Hal") = -1 Then GetResponse = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("halCustomResponse")

If i reference a table that was already in the database it works fine like below:
If StrComp(Robot_Control_Response, "kit") = -1 Then GetResponse = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("politeAsk1")

I saved my changes in the database but no luck. Any ideas as to what might be the issue.

Do you see this table if you open it with the Hal Brain Editor? Are you using a fresh Hal 7 brain or an upgraded Hal 6.2 brain? Are you sure you have the correct brain selected in Hal's options?
Robert Medeksza

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 07, 2017, 11:39:25 am »
Hmm, ok. I'll load up Dragon 13 tonight and see if I get the same problem or not. Does Dragon 12 work other than this problem? If you disable the "Always listen to commands" check box, does dictation work if you manually open Hal and turn on the mic? Does Dragon 12 work on your computer in other programs? What version of Windows are you running? I read online that Windows 10 only works with Dragon 13 and not the older Dragon 12.

Yes, Dragon works great with Hal other then this issue. For some reason the <micon> command will throw that error. This also happen on my old windows 7 computer as well but that was with 6.2 at the time.

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 07, 2017, 11:43:36 am »
Do you see this table if you open it with the Hal Brain Editor? Are you using a fresh Hal 7 brain or an upgraded Hal 6.2 brain? Are you sure you have the correct brain selected in Hal's options?

Yes, its in the database and its a fresh hal 7 brain. I'll continue to try to figure it out. I've added tables in the past with Hal 6.2 and it worked fine so maybe i'm doing something wrong.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 07, 2017, 08:14:51 pm »
I am locking this post as Hal 7 is now in "beta". Please post any further bug reports to the "beta" thread.
Robert Medeksza