Author Topic: Any suggestions for Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0?  (Read 33506 times)

Larry

• View Profile
Any suggestions for Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0?
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2003, 05:44:14 am »
Is Hal 5.0 going to cost the same as the 4.5 version? Or should a person buy 4.5 now and get the free update?

lau

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2003, 06:38:44 pm »
I have a great surgestion. You could combine Ultra Hal with picture recognition software.

And in that way make Hal able to recognise things people or even just colours.

He could be able to "see" by giving him access to a web camera or just by loading images into his interface.

He should have a new picture database funktioning just as his conversation (word) database.

I've got here, a very good link, to a place with free picture software...
I also uploaded the first version - 256 colours of the software.
I think the source code is open to this program, so that it for a programmer would be no problem to make this feature available.

Go have a look, at this adress the larger version is available for free: http://www.generation5.org/programs.shtml

Oh and bye the way - It' would be great if Hal was able to switch between the different modes he has, just by vocaly asking him to do so.

Also give Ultra Hal a forget command

Thomas[8D]

Download Attachment: edgedetect.zip
91.35 KB
« Last Edit: April 16, 2003, 06:55:49 pm by lau »

waheedrafiq

• View Profile
    • http://www.dynex.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
« Reply #17 on: April 24, 2003, 07:00:53 am »
Mr Medeksza,

Its my belive that if Hal can imports your contracts and calendar from  OutLook this feature would definatly sell the product 89% of computers users use Windows hence they also use Outlook or Outlook Express if there was a way that you can update your emails and contracts/calendar in outlook express Hal could then update this in its record and remind you of all the events that are up coming ,

also if Hal 5.0 could work with openoffice www.openoffice.org  this would be userfull for those of us who can't afford MS Office , there is two last things that i would like to see in Hal 5.0 and thats is

1) Hal 5.0 would be able to update auto is brain file from Zabaware server so that the brain is kept current all the time with conversation base topics such as general chat "what have i done today at work or so on"

2) version 5.0 I only wish if this could happen would work in Linux

my other question to Mr Medeksza, would version 5.0 work in 2000/ XP

Many thanks from UK we will do all we can to promote Hal in UK for Zabaware.

Waheed Rafiq

MCP x 2 , Network+ , CCNA, C/C++

"Never give up by giving up?"

CivicEx95

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2003, 04:36:17 am »
This program is sweet.  Good job on it.  I would like to see maybe a delay in the response time in the AIMbot.  When somebody says hi, if Hal is going to respond with a two sentence response, at least wait a set amount of time, to seem more realistic.  Just a suggestion thanks.  Can't wait for 5.0 to come out

Vaywen

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2003, 03:06:31 am »
I suggest making Hal able to learn from reading text on a webpage in much the same way as he reads from a text file. This would save me a lot of time. :)

Stratusfaction97

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2003, 07:50:30 pm »
Hello
     I think you should allow AIM bots to go in AIM chatrooms. That would make the bots awesome and we would have more fun with them. Also, Ultra Hal should be on your screen like a desktop buddy. So you can see him/her on the screen kinda like bonzi buddy. I would really love to have a sexy diva walking around thats intellegent and hot hehe. I hopemy ideas are helpful!

-David

waheedrafiq

• View Profile
    • http://www.dynex.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk
« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2003, 05:34:38 am »
god you do get some sad people in here but never the less keep those ideas  coming in

MCP x 2 , Network+ , CCNA, C/C++

"Never give up by giving up?"

lycha

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2003, 11:26:23 am »
hi,
i have some ideas for hal 5.0:
- implementing semantic relations between word, e.g. hyponyms, hyperynmys, synonyms, meronyms, antonyms. this could be done by the use of WordNet.
- implementing certain conversational principles, e.g. utterances must be conistent, informative, relevant etc.. . human speech seems to follow (most of the time) this principles, so if hal could do the same, it would be more natural-language-like.
hope this helps!

lau

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2003, 04:13:34 am »
[?]
quote:
Originally posted by lycha

hi,
- implementing semantic relations between word, e.g. hyponyms, hyperynmys, synonyms, meronyms, antonyms... - implementing certain conversational principles, e.g. utterances must be conistent, informative, relevant etc. Human speech seems to follow (most of the time) this principles, so if hal could do the same, it would be more natural-language-like.

[8]
It's my opinion that this set of rules would limit Hals abilities to be "creative" The more hal is learning, the more he will start to follow this pattern as you describe. I don't believe that it's a good idea to limit Hal in this way!

lau

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2003, 04:37:18 am »
I'm in the moment working with market analysing... And I've been analysing the market for Personal Digital Assistant - PDA's

In a couple of years, PDA's will have increased their Processor and HD power, and people will search for a better way to navigate on the tiny screen, instead of using the touch-screen and pen.

If you made your program available for Pocket PC, your program would be a serious participator in the development of a new way to navigate.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2003, 10:28:30 pm »
Actually, I'm already in the process of adding the WordNet database into Hal. Knowing what part of speech a word is will help Hal come up with better responses and will improve his learning ability as well. The information will also be used to come up with more creative responses by knowing the relationships between words.
Robert Medeksza

The Tinman

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2003, 10:55:41 am »
Is it possible to include within the next update the ability to turn off the sleep function within Hal?

TM

wschuler

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2003, 03:35:15 pm »
Mr. Medeksza,

I'd like to see these features added:

1) Some random, timed events during Hal's "sleep" time.  For example, when there is no interaction with the user, have Hal report the time every X amount of minutes.  Or, like another person mentioned.  Have Hal say something like "Hey!  Does anyone want to talk?"   or "Hello? Is anyone there?"

2) A Jabber chat client plugin would be nice

3) An area on the web site for people to upload their customized code or brain files.

Thanks!  I can't wait to purchase version 5 !

Bill

wschuler

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2003, 03:38:15 pm »
Mr. Medeksza,

Do you need beta testers?  If so, I'd like to volunteer.  I've been messing with Ultra Hal for a couple of years on and off.

Thanks
Bill

Erik

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2003, 12:11:55 am »
hi
is it possible to insert ultrahal into director mx(3d) or another realtime 3d interface? If not I would also like the ability to send Hal x, y, z position information from an online 3d word so Hal can say 'you are now near statue' (x) etc..doable?
Also can you release the new version in stage so people don't have to say wait for the improved learning command until August?
Is there also more documentation on the site somewhere about developing your own character, changing the skin and code etc?
If not I would be grateful for any info that I could compile into a helpfile for others --I am a technical writer (but currently research student) and don't mind doing this in return for more information on how to customise this great product.
regards
Erik