Author Topic: Creating Characters  (Read 3547 times)

aspera

• View Profile
Creating Characters
« on: October 03, 2001, 10:33:33 pm »
I would like to be able to create characters, however i am not a programmer. I only have version 2 right now. I just spent a couple thousand on software and am saving for a 5,000 dollar cannon video camera so i don't really want to buy a newer version.

I have gotten quite good at creating characters in Poser. High res, lifelike people. (females mostly, i don't have any good male models, yet) I can provide you guys with stills, animations, lip, eye, facial expressions, etc. and you could compile them into a character file. If you'd be will i could do several for you guys, maybe a cd with version 4 could appear on my doorstep, ahem, if you uhh, no what i'm saying ;-)

Anyway, let me know how i can create a character, or get someone else to, i'm currently developing a representative for my web studio, i'm creating her in poser, then creating a microsoft agent to implement on my website, as well as an ultra hal rep for low bandwidth users. But i'd love to be able to create a chracter for the Assistant program on my desktop. Also i'm sure others would like a higher resolution, more lifelike character.

Here is a WIP (work-in-progress) still of the character so far:
http://www.acketon.com/Render1.jpg

Doc

• View Profile
Creating Characters
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2001, 12:07:05 pm »
I have noticed a surprising similarity between the microsoft agent called "Charlie" and the human faces that are in your program.  Of course, Merlin, Peedy, Robby, and Genie are all micrsoft agents.  Anyway, the character Charlie has fifty different animations (that include using hand gestures) where as your faces only have a few (e.i. turn to the right or left, make facial expressions, etc.)  I was wondering if I were to download the microsoft agent software and add it on in the brain editor, would the characters develop those skills?  If not, is it possible to add new animations to the characters?