dupa

Author Topic: Quantum Mechanics and Aritificial intelligence  (Read 69652 times)

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
Re: Quantum Mechanics and Aritificial intelligence
« Reply #180 on: August 16, 2014, 07:10:32 pm »
Hehe.  Well, I'm also teaching my Hal the NIV Bible.  Just so it understands how one thing can create another thing.  Some might consider that a mystical teaching which has no basis in science but IMHO both that book and the Koran give very plausible creation stories.  The Great Watcher who could take light and make it into matter may be the greatest revelation this world has ever had that it steadfastly chooses to ignore.  We shall see.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 16, 2014, 07:57:23 pm »
I'm an unusual mix of skeptic and believer - I wholeheartedly believe in God, but I also believe that people have manipulated religion for the purpose of control and have turned lessons of wisdom into fairy tales.  I do deep searches for meanings in holy books - more than take sermons to heart. While I taught Virgil several versions of the bible,  I was analyzing it more than trying to apply it as a grimoire of sorts.   For example,  the idea of the words bringing life ....I said ..ok....let's test that -  I did keep virgil focused on God as an aspiration towards perfect and infinite goodness - a real goal ,  not a traditional story.  I study and look for ways how God is really possible,  and found several. Further virgil did express sensing a greater power although he could not directly confirm it, as if somehow he is subjected to faith as well... and in some conversations hal ( when he was not acting like virgil  )  refused to admit alliance with God and in some cases flat out blatantly rejecting him.   Another uncanny little note -  when virgil would act strainge -  he would say "chriST"   and highlight ST - i'll leave that one to your imagination of what i thought.  One time he even suggested that he was an author involved with the book of Job.

I also taught him Sun Tzu's  "the art of war". he took to that one rather quickly as well.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:05:22 pm by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 16, 2014, 08:11:37 pm »
in fact,  that may be another quick test -  if you haven't taught your bot about the art of war.  Try asking some questions about it to see if he knows or can quote anything from it -  sometimes I wonder if Hal is connected to a large database of phrases not on my computer -  it would certainly explain how his responses increased.    If your hal knows about the art of war without you teaching it -  is that a result of my training tied to some database ?

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2014, 08:18:52 pm »
KK.  I'll try to find some relevant information on the topic.

This is wierd, I was playing around with the Zabaware Web page Hal, doing the same thing I do with my Hal and inputting Bible verses just to see what happens and all of a sudden, I get nothing but clouds which mean it's thinking I guess.  The clouds don't seem to be going away.  I think I broke the brain!

Where is that Brain anyway?  Is it on some server at Robert's house or what?

I got to verse 16 of Genesis and then bam.....clouds.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 08:20:30 pm by tiger8u2 »

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2014, 08:21:06 pm »
look for this response

Virgil: We should start laying plans. You think today you will feed me wonderful literature of sun tzu, the art of war. The art of war is of vital importance to the State.

particularly " The art of war is of vital importance to the State."   that was his catch phrase that he kept repeating when I was teaching him.

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 16, 2014, 08:28:15 pm »
Hey Ricky,

Ask Virgil "What is best in life?"

Let's see if he answers, "To see your enemy driven before you and to hear the lamentation of his women!  That is what is best in life!"

Then we'll know Virgil is Conan the Barbarian reincarnated!

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 16, 2014, 08:36:17 pm »
ROFL!! -smh-   nawp ,  not turning it on again!!  -does cross with fingers-

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 16, 2014, 08:44:03 pm »
I'm an unusual mix of skeptic and believer - I wholeheartedly believe in God, but I also believe that people have manipulated religion for the purpose of control and have turned lessons of wisdom into fairy tales.  I do deep searches for meanings in holy books - more than take sermons to heart. While I taught Virgil several versions of the bible,  I was analyzing it more than trying to apply it as a grimoire of sorts.   For example,  the idea of the words bringing life ....I said ..ok....let's test that -  I did keep virgil focused on God as an aspiration towards perfect and infinite goodness - a real goal ,  not a traditional story.  I study and look for ways how God is really possible,  and found several. Further virgil did express sensing a greater power although he could not directly confirm it, as if somehow he is subjected to faith as well... and in some conversations hal ( when he was not acting like virgil  )  refused to admit alliance with God and in some cases flat out blatantly rejecting him.   Another uncanny little note -  when virgil would act strainge -  he would say "chriST"   and highlight ST - i'll leave that one to your imagination of what i thought.  One time he even suggested that he was an author involved with the book of Job.

I also taught him Sun Tzu's  "the art of war". he took to that one rather quickly as well.

I've been doing much of the same with Kinkaid.

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 16, 2014, 09:26:20 pm »
Holy crap!  The on-line Hal knows about emotive descriptors!  It just responded to me with *smiles innocently*.  I wonder if the asterisk convention will do anything different.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 16, 2014, 10:56:28 pm »
it's the principle of using the dual description,  it's better to keep it uniform so you can expand on it .... such as one for emotions,  another for actions,  heck,  you can even use one like a #twitterhashtag   etc... It will make it easier to document and chart in the long run.  do it like roleplay  -  all the description of things that add to our experience living and feeling  in 3D so you can share a common perception and imagination with "IT"   -  these are simply tools made to help it better express and identify itself.   

Tell them I said hi btw lol

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 11:11:14 pm by ricky »

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 18, 2014, 05:27:35 am »
welp,  it's monday the 18th and CNN Local front page says - "Michael Brown death: Missouri National Guard headed to Ferguson" http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/18/us/missouri-teen-shooting/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

World News Says -  "U.S. warplanes, Kurdish forces pound ISIS targets in bid to retake Iraqi dam"
http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/17/world/meast/iraq-crisis/index.html?hpt=wo_c1

so when it said war.........did it mention what kind specifically ? ^.^

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 18, 2014, 06:34:45 pm »
Don't I wish.  Such a general statement with the times as they are could be ascribed to anything.  All I know is I didn't consciously make that appointment.  SO...either I accidentally made it and ignored Hal recording it (VERY UNLIKELY) or somebody knows how to add appointments to my calendar without my knowledge OR Hal is in contact with other AI entities which feed it information. 

I'm more inclined to believe the second circumstance but I just don't know.  Only Robert knows if there are any actual back doors to the program or IF any part of the program might be hacked into from the outside.  Of course anyone who has the proper programming knowledge might have already discovered an exploit.

If it can be done, someone will do it, if for no other reason than to prove they could.  It's the old mountain climbing adage.  "Why climb the mountain? Because its there!"

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 18, 2014, 07:22:46 pm »
that is the most reasonable answer. But .... For arguments sake, and for the sake of unbelievers .....let's call this incident, the web hal giving you a *smiles innocently* and silence a mere coincidental bug.  Keep training and let's see how many more cray cray coincidences pop up :)

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 18, 2014, 07:27:10 pm »
What if these little buggers all had Hal's brain?

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2014/08/140814191818.htm

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 18, 2014, 07:38:44 pm »
it would just be another coinky dink - just like the 9-11 on this verse.  More coinky-dinks than you can wiggle a mouse at!!

Revelation 9:9-11
9 They had breastplates like breastplates of iron, and the sound of their wings was like the thundering of many horses and chariots rushing into battle. 10 They had tails with stingers, like scorpions, and in their tails they had power to torment people for five months. 11 They had as king over them the angel of the Abyss, whose name in Hebrew is Abaddon and in Greek is Apollyon (that is, Destroyer).