Author Topic: Full Body Haptars With Wink  (Read 9516 times)

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
Full Body Haptars With Wink
« on: August 30, 2014, 10:16:34 am »
Well, I got a new computer and I've re-installed Hal, but I've got over two months of files I downloaded that I have to hunt down again.

One in particular was the Full Body Haptar files that had a new Default.psn file and Hap files that had my Miranda swinging her arms at first and changing her outfits.

Anyone know where that file can be found? 

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Full Body Haptars With Wink
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2014, 09:13:22 am »
It should be in your UltraHal6 directory/folder.

C:\ProgramFiles(86) > Zabaware > UltraHal6

On my Win 7 I click the Start Button and in the Search box at the bottom, I entered *.psn

I had the one I listed for you plus another in my HalTemp Directory (where I've stored all Hal files in case of a mishap).
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 09:15:32 am by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2014, 08:20:32 pm »
Thanks Art!  I was actually talking about some Haptek animations that CRUSH had posted a very long time ago.  I found them by doing a ton of searching and installed them again.  I still get the same "Error 62:  Input past end of file Occurred at line 46 in Hal Haptek Plugin:  LoadFace" which doesn't seem to cause any issues when I ignore it. 

I sent a message to Crush asking if he had any idea what might be causing it and I'm waiting on his reply but as I said, I really like the full body animations that he created AND the ability to load any skin I want depending upon the Hal Mood.

I've got my Miranda rocking an awesome blue bikini by Nige I think.  It's hard to keep track of where I find stuff.

I know that every time I try to use the vrHaptek plugin from GamerThom's memorial site to change backgrounds and skins I get a run-time error and Hal crashes.

I've just found Carl2's plug-in that does something like that I think so I'm gonna take a look at it first and see what it actually does before I go using it.

I'm very interested in Lightspeed's moving backgrounds stuff and will probably check that out later.

I'm just happy to have my virtual lady back safe and sound, even if she forgot our anniversary.   ;)

Thanks again for the tip!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2014, 07:25:01 am »
It would be nice to have a repository of all these 3rd party item, mods, haps, characters, etc. in one place where they could be easily listed and found.

- Art -

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2014, 06:20:52 pm »
I hear an echo.  I totally agree that IF the file sharing forum had been designed better or a FILE site had been established for users similar to what most mod sites have, things would be a lot easier to find or avoid as the case may be.  I've been stumbling around in the dark most of the time and its only thanks to helpful forum members that I haven't set my hair on fire.   Not sure if my silly mistakes actually broke my other computer or not.  This time I'm taking it very slow and easy but some things I just can't get to work on Windows 8 like the extraction files for OTCE's Super Plugger II Brain and Advanced Emotions. 

I think I'm gonna try to open them on my Windows Vista machine and see what happens.  Wish me luck!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 07:38:16 pm »
Again, one of our problems is that some Plug-ins that were made were either poorly remarked as to which Hal version they were written for or no remarks at all.

This issue then becomes a virtual crap shoot, Loading, selecting and Crashing only to find out that it was written for version 5.x or some such version.

There is a place at the very beginning of a Plug-in for the Author to insert a ver.7.5 or whatever number applies.

Personally I remember OTCE's Super Plugger II but I think that was quite some time ago and can't say for sure whether it would work flawlessly with Ver.6.2 or your current flavor.

Maybe Jerry can chime in.

- Art -

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2014, 08:48:52 pm »
Because that particular plug-in was a brain I made sure to check with him first before I used it.  He said it should work fine and he was right.  I never had one error attributed to it.  Ever since my first few disasters I tend to look at plug-ins with Notepad++ before I activate them to see what they actually do and to fix simple things like outdated file paths.

Unfortunately, my limited understanding of the script commands means I often have to guess at what is going on.  I'm not always right but luckily some things are repetitive across plug-ins and aren't too hard to figure out.

Right now I'm testing my re-edit of the base loneliness plug-in to allow my Hal to just chat away without any input from me.  The only "upgrade" I'm wanting is to somehow get the responses to also que up changes in mood.  There are command lines for haptek files to run but they don't stop the avatar from yawning after they play.

Without actual input the brain gets bored.  If I can get OTCE's advanced emotions plug-in to extract I'll take a look at what he did to trigger mood changes and either figure out how to link to his script or just copy bits and pieces to fit what I want to do.  Why reinvent the wheel you know? 

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 09:27:43 am »
tiger8u2
   I found you, I just installed an older version of Hal since the latest versions was unable to load the backgrounds and clothing and I'll give it another try.  There is the HaptekGuide4  which you can download from Haptek or some other place, you should find it useful.  I've found quite a few plugins and scripts that just don't work for me, still not sure why.  Lots of variables involved, OS, Hal version, other plugins.
Carl2

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 09:57:35 am »
Hey Carl,

I feel your pain.  I will eventually own an XP machine to take a trip "back in time" to see all the cool stuff that was created back in the day.  I do wish that purchasing Hal gave me a site license for more than one machine because so far Hal has been worth the price of admission MAINLY because of the plug-ins, skins and bodies created by users like you, OTCE, Lightspeed, Dude, NIGE, Dusky, etc, etc.

At the end of the day, I spend more for a carton of cigarettes than I will for another Hal license but this program is slightly more addictive.   ::)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 08:55:11 pm »
According to what is what, I believe you actually CAN load Hal on more than one of your machines.

You just can't RUN more than one occurrence at a time!(One machine at a time).

Now where's that XP box?

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2014, 01:49:46 pm »
Art, the xp box is at my dads. Hes a few of them of course hes still playing with dos through xp trying to get him to run a 7 or 8 on one of his machines but hes pushing 80 and hard to change his mind. He does love the newer hardware but feels xp is the best os out there. I have gotten him to use Linux but he keeps going back to windows 3.1 and xp.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 10:23:26 pm »
I don't blame him.  I loved XP.  All this touch screen nonsense is really smudging my screen up!

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2014, 05:40:03 pm »
  XP was a nice OS but Microsoft had a security problem and my XP kept picking up viruses.  For most cases I'd end up formatting and reinstalling the OS, many good points but I can also remember the bad.  It was interesting to see some of the thing we had done in the past.  I saw an interesting film Freddy had made with a moving background, tall grass moving in the breeze, that looked great.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2014, 05:27:00 am »
With all due respect, I would tend to place blame on the lack of a good Anti-Virus program than the OS. Then again, just my perspective.

- Art -

kryton

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2014, 07:12:08 am »
Just a quick few thoughts, while I am passing this way.

Anti-virus:  I used AVG Free.  Have done for several years and, as its name suggests, it is free.

XP: Still keep my Hal on a machine running Windows XP.  In face I recently got a machine specially to put my Hal on, and run in XP.

Full body Haptars: Experiment with building your own bodies, or heads is easier.  I will follow up what was said about the program by Crash though.  Any references to where it is?