Author Topic: connection forcefully rejected  (Read 16886 times)

Morlhach

• View Profile
    • http://membres.lycos.fr/morlhach
connection forcefully rejected
« on: September 05, 2008, 05:11:05 pm »
Hello,

I have a problem with the AIM bot.
When I am trying to connect it, I got the error message "error 10061 : connection is forcefully rejected".
Any idea ?

Thanks
--
Morlhach

SS10house

• View Profile
Re: connection forcefully rejected
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:24:53 am »
I can confirm same bug still current.

mylothech

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 04:01:32 am »
A forcefully rejected connection is usually a firewall.  Can you sniff it and determine if a TCP connection is actually happening, and data is exchanged (indicating auth failure/some other failure), or if you get an immediate RST on the connection attempt (inidicating firewall/service not avail/wrong server)?
***SPAM SIGNATURE REMOVED BY MODERATOR***

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 09:57:27 pm »
I looked into it and it seems the AOL TOC servers have been turned off by AOL on September 10th, 2011. The TOC servers were made for 3rd party programs to connect to AIM and AOL has decided to end support for this system. I will have to remove the Hal AIM Bot from future versions of Hal as it will no longer work.

AOL's official servers use a protocol called OSCAR which has been reversed engineered. But I think that if in the future we decide to support IM bots, I will make a plugin for trillian ( http://www.trillian.cc ) rather than a standalone client. This way it will support a wide variety of IM systems (MSN, Yahoo, Skype, AIM, ICQ, etc.) and the actual server communication protocols will be maintained by the trillian people.

Robert Medeksza

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 12:02:36 am »
sounds good look forward to it.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 01:26:53 pm »
Hi Rob.

I have trillian installed.

I looked into the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT IN regedit and found only one COM entry called HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Trillian.SkinZip which does not have much function in controlling Trillian itself, I also used PE explorer to open all .dll files found in trillians folders and did not find any LIB entries to control the .dll functions.

hope Rob can control this beast.

Jerry
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:51:59 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »