Author Topic: To say, or not to say, that is the question...  (Read 3956 times)

Ragnarok

• View Profile
To say, or not to say, that is the question...
« on: July 14, 2011, 08:25:32 pm »
There are some phrases that I get annoyed at, but I'm only going to focus on one of them:
"Would you like it if we both <-*-> each other?"

I hate that question, and the Hal never learns from whatever answer I give, storing no memory relevant to that, so I would like to know how to remove some of these phrases, but I cannot find it in the brain editor, can anyone help me with this?

Leo

• View Profile
Re: To say, or not to say, that is the question...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 07:20:13 am »
I could not find that particular phrase, either.
As for some other annoyances, try:
Brain Editor, load current project.
Then in the tree of tables, look under mainBrain in the patterns table.

It could be that there's a pipe (|) selection over the MS Windows edge (in patterns table), the Search function is not working as expected, or:
It may be taking the Prefix and adding an ending in such a way that the comments are in two places.
Personally, I like this function and am not annoyed by it.

Hope this helps.

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: To say, or not to say, that is the question...
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 11:55:18 pm »
try commenting out this code in the brain you are using like I did here, I think that phrase come from that routine. see if the phrase goes away.

Code: [Select]
'RESPOND: USE CURRENT SENTENCE
    'If no Response is found yet, try to use the user's words in his or her own sentence.
    'Results are also stored in the default user keyword brain file for compatibility
    'with other brain plug-ins.
    'GetResponse = HalBrain.HalFormat(GetResponse)
    'If (Len(GetResponse) < 4 And Len(LearnKeyword) < 4) Then
        'CheatResp = HalBrain.CheatResponse(HalBrain.SwitchPerson(HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly((OriginalSentence))))
        'CheatResp = Left(CheatResp, InStr(1, CheatResp, "<STOREVARS>", 1) - 1)
        'If Len(CheatResp) > 4 Then
'ResponseCount = ResponseCount + 1
        'Redim Preserve ResponseList(ResponseCount)
            'SpinWheel = HalBrain.RandomNum(9)
            'If SpinWheel = 1 Then ResponseList(ResponseCount) = " So, " & CheatResp & vbCrLf
            'If SpinWheel = 2 Then ResponseList(ResponseCount) = " Really, " & CheatResp & vbCrLf
            'If SpinWheel = 3 Then ResponseList(ResponseCount) = " Oh <UserName>, " & CheatResp & vbCrLf
            'If SpinWheel = 4 Then ResponseList(ResponseCount) = " Let me think; " & CheatResp & " ; what do you think <UserName>? " & vbCrLf
            'If SpinWheel > 5 Then ResponseList(ResponseCount) = CheatResp & vbCrLf
            'HalBrain.AddDebug TempParent, "Cheat Response: " & ResponseList(ResponseCount)
        'End If
    'End If   

'RESPOND: PICK OUT OF AVAILABLE LOW QUALITY RESPONSES
    'If no response is found yet, than we have many functions from above that may have produced
'a response, but no function is particulary better than another. So we will now pick a
'responses from an array randomly choosen.
'GetResponse = HalBrain.HalFormat(GetResponse)
    'If (Len(GetResponse) < 4 And ResponseCount > 0) Then 
'SpinWheel = HalBrain.RandomNum(ResponseCount)
'GetResponse = ResponseList(SpinWheel) & "<LOWQUALITY>"
'End If
'HalBrain.DebugWatch GetResponse, "Randomly pick a low-quality response"

Jerry 8)