Author Topic: Default windows skin not keeping focus  (Read 4957 times)

jasondude7116

• View Profile
Default windows skin not keeping focus
« on: May 27, 2011, 07:56:13 pm »
This might be a question for Robert, but I'm gonna throw it out there. Maybe someone knows.
The default windows skin loses focus on the input box after a response. It does however, return focus to the window itself, just not to the input box in the window. At that point, I can press TAB three times to return focus to the input box.
I have tried using windows powershell to appactivate it (which works), and then use SendKeys to press TAB three times to try to put focus to the input box but that seems to be not working for whatever reason.
If I use any other skin for Hal: When it gives a response, it activates the window (like it does with the default one) and it also puts focus to the input box.

Does anyone know how to make the "Windows Default" skin return focus to the input box after a response?
It sucks to have to click it every time when I am using speech. I don't use the mic option because I want to "proofread" the input before it accepts it automatically.
Thanks for the help guys.... :)

knight2000

• View Profile
Re: Default windows skin not keeping focus
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 01:17:04 pm »
So when Hal responds to you the cursor leaves the input box? If so are you having Hal open anything? If so, yes the cursor will leave the input box. However if you are just talking back and worth with Hal and he is not opening anything the cursor should remain in the input field. I to use the default skin. What are you using for the speech engine? I use Dragon and it works really well with Hal. Let me know maybe I can suggest some things.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 02:54:01 pm »
Knight,

You do realize that Jason's post is over 2 years old? Jason hasn't visited here since he and his wife had a baby!!

Perhaps someone else will post some ideas in this regard.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2013, 12:33:59 am »
Hahaha, wow, didn't see the date of the post, guess that's why i have a "newbie" next to my screen name. :-[