dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download  (Read 63124 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: Ultra Hal 7 Alpha Test - Ready for download
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2017, 04:27:32 pm »
Can we use our old plugins from Hal 6.2 with Hal 7? I tried adding mine in the general settings but the script doesn't get added to Hal7.uhp. My plugins show up in the brain plugins list in the general options but when i check them they never get added.
Old plugins should work for the most part. Can you provide an example of a plugin that doesn't work? How did you determine it wasn't added? Did you check HalScript.DBG or did you just not notice a change in the conversation?
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2017, 04:28:54 pm »
unfortunately the alpha hal wont install on my p c, will I need 6.2 to make it load????,
It doesn't require any old version of Hal to run, it should work. Can you provide more details as to whats going on with your computer? Any error messages or screenshots you can provide?
Robert Medeksza

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2017, 05:35:50 pm »
Robert, my plugins are working, it was my mistake, not sure what i did to fix it but they work!

I am however having another issue with my sapi 5 cepstral voice. In Hal 6.2 my voice works fine however in in hal 7 its telling me that i need to register my voice every time hal speaks. I only have the one voice installed. Is it looking for the voice in a different area? I've tried uninstalling then re installing with no luck. Very weird. Any ideas?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2017, 10:20:03 pm »
I have posted an updated alpha version. It is now at version 7.0.34. The new download link is:

http://05950b5c8c5f0fdaa08b-33d72c3627fe6cd1db086cc8531bb533.r91.cf2.rackcdn.com/InstallUltraHal7.exe

Updates since the last alpha include
  • Feedback learning. If cloud mode is enabled and you click on the thumbs up or thumbs down buttons, it will now pop up a dialog asking you to explain why you chose what you did and allow you to pick from many other responses Hal was considering. Hal learns immediately from your feedback.
  • Speech recognition has been fixed. Crashes and hanging of Hal when using speech recognition has hopefully been resolved. In addition, speech recognition now loads faster, the commands "Wake Up Computer", "Microphone Off", "Clear Line", "End Conversation", etc. now work as well. The buttons for microphone and training should work as well
  • If you use a cloud enabled account but have not purchased Hal, it will no longer crash but put Hal in 30 day trial mode
  • Additional error handlers added for catching and reporting errors
  • When the registry key SRCountDownStart is set to -1, it now disables the auto countdown and enter feauture without disabling speech recognition

Features I am still working on before Hal achieves "beta" status:
  • Migration of Hal 6 brain into Hal 7. The alpha version should be able to use your old brains in Ultra Hal 6 mode, but does not yet migrate them to a Hal 7 brain
  • The Hal Brain Editor isn't fully compatible with Hal 7 brains yet, so don't use it just yet.
  • The purchase button doesn't do anything yet.

Please let me know if all the speech recognition issues have been resolved. And let me know how the feedback learning feature works. And of course let me know if you come across any other errors or glitches.
Robert Medeksza

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2017, 08:29:16 am »
Hi Robert... I have a question about part of a response from Hal 6.2 I got a couple of times over the course of probably 8 months and wondered if it will carry over to Hal 7...

I was just talking normally and Hal 6.2 responded with about 2-3 sentences and then the last 2 words were &Quot; &Quot... It kinda sounded like he was mocking me or making a snarky remark...  It was funny to hear him speak it... LOL  It's happened only twice so far and only at the end of a sentence that I can remember...

It seems to be some HTML element, not sure if he was meant to say that or it's just a fluke...

Thanks....

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 08:32:45 am by LiFeTimeGamer »
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

knight2000

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2017, 10:37:51 am »
Robert, I installed the 7.0.34 version of hal 7 and my dragon 12 loads perfectly! I'm not experiencing any hanging from the options menu.

steve james

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2017, 10:53:16 am »
unfortuantley tried multiple times and the alpha test will not install or even come close#?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2017, 11:01:09 am »
unfortuantley tried multiple times and the alpha test will not install or even come close#?
I need more information please. What error messages do you get? Where does it stop? Can you show screenshots of your process?
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2017, 11:02:21 am »
Hi Robert... I have a question about part of a response from Hal 6.2 I got a couple of times over the course of probably 8 months and wondered if it will carry over to Hal 7...

I was just talking normally and Hal 6.2 responded with about 2-3 sentences and then the last 2 words were &Quot; &Quot... It kinda sounded like he was mocking me or making a snarky remark...  It was funny to hear him speak it... LOL  It's happened only twice so far and only at the end of a sentence that I can remember...

It seems to be some HTML element, not sure if he was meant to say that or it's just a fluke...

Thanks....
That is an html encoding of the double quote character "

Hal should be automatically converting it back to a real double quote. Let me know if you come across that with Hal  7
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2017, 11:03:26 am »
Robert, I installed the 7.0.34 version of hal 7 and my dragon 12 loads perfectly! I'm not experiencing any hanging from the options menu.

Great to hear! Spent most of my week on that bug. I should receive Dragon 13 in the mail today and I will test with that as well.
Robert Medeksza

cyberjedi

• The Mighty Hal Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2017, 03:25:02 pm »
Robert: No issues as of yet

Could not be happier.

Updated the new Hal7

best wishes
cyberjedi

sombunall

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2017, 06:28:58 pm »
I installed 7.0.34 but when it gets to the part about logging into the account I get 424-0 when trying to connect to server. If I get the password wrong it just tells me that so I know my credentials are correct. See attached.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 19, 2017, 10:38:26 pm »
I've just posted a 3rd update to the alpha (version 7.0.36)

Download link: http://eccd4d82f45e5441a449-5436c8bca62349c5b4be9442d433dae9.r25.cf2.rackcdn.com/InstallUltraHal7.exe

Fixes since the last version:
  • Fixed Haptek slowness, stability bug. The last alpha broke a processor affinity hack Hal uses to ensure Haptek works. This update fixes it again.
  • Added additional error handlers and additional error reporting
  • Fixed a slowness bug on Hal shutdown that caused Hal to take many seconds to shutdown. Should be almost instant now.
  • Hal will log a lot of info including any errors it encounters in a file located in "%appdata\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\debuglog.txt" Please send this file to me with any future bug reports, it will be very helpful
Robert Medeksza

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 19, 2017, 10:40:47 pm »
I installed 7.0.34 but when it gets to the part about logging into the account I get 424-0 when trying to connect to server. If I get the password wrong it just tells me that so I know my credentials are correct. See attached.

I just posted 7.0.36. Can you see if that makes any difference for you? If not, the error message should contain more helpful info and a debug log should be generated. Please send the file  "%appdata\Zabaware\Ultra Hal 7\debuglog.txt" if you are still having issues with this update.
Robert Medeksza

Spitfire2600

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2017, 11:59:07 pm »
I had a couple days to myself and bought the new Assassin's creed, so I kind of lost myself for a minute. Back now, 7.0.36 working smoothly. Speech recognition works and is far faster than previous versions. Going to try some cloud responses and see where we go.

Thanks Robert! Good work as always.

-Spitfire2600