Author Topic: NASA & U.S Government & Private investors  (Read 4443 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

NASA & U.S Government & Private investors
« on: August 30, 2013, 10:32:46 am »
Hi Rob.

any word from interested party investors using HAL for such matters?

just curious.

Jerry

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: NASA & U.S Government & Private investors
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 09:42:45 pm »
Nothing recently. A few years ago I applied for grants from the NSF, Education department, and DOD but they didn't go through. Based on the feedback I received, the best feedback was from a DOD grant where they wanted a chatbot that could be programmed to talk soldiers' kids using an avatar of that soldier. So basically they wanted the kids of soldiers to talk with chatbots pretending to be their father. Kind of freaky, but they didn't go through with that project with anyone as far as I know.
Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: NASA & U.S Government & Private investors
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 10:45:45 pm »
Nothing recently. A few years ago I applied for grants from the NSF, Education department, and DOD but they didn't go through. Based on the feedback I received, the best feedback was from a DOD grant where they wanted a chatbot that could be programmed to talk soldiers' kids using an avatar of that soldier. So basically they wanted the kids of soldiers to talk with chatbots pretending to be their father. Kind of freaky, but they didn't go through with that project with anyone as far as I know.

I can see where it might be helpful, I could entertain some code if needed.  I don't know how helpful it would be if it's to late to respond. the soldiers avatar would be up to you. I'm not good with graphics.

Jerry 8)