Author Topic: Robert are their any safe gaurds in place for hal users?  (Read 3207 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
Robert are their any safe gaurds in place for hal users?
« on: August 04, 2014, 07:26:49 pm »
I know that thia may seem a strange thinbg to ask  and no one likes to talk about death but , it happens and sometimes none of us knows when .
  I guess what made me think about this is with any program like hal and others that only give a specified amount of installes  other wise the owner has to be contacted sometimes as was in my case to get a authorization code reset to get hal working again .
   So what i am wondering is if Robert has any safe gaurds in place so that we as users will be ABLE TO CONTINUE  using hal in the event that something happened to Robert .
  I do hope Robert will respond to this , as i said i know it's not something that anyone likes to talk about but i think it should be .
Maybe some safe gaurd that would give the user in a worst case sernerio a pernament code etc. for hal  for one pc . or whatever . just a thought.
P.S. I hope nothing happens to Robert for a million years lol! We all appreciate him and his hal creation !

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
Re: Robert are their any safe gaurds in place for hal users?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:13:00 am »
Wow what a thing to ask  :o

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 09:24:24 am »
I am planning on trying to have things I have worked on for a free link in case something happens to me , so that what I have done will live on for others to have and use .
I know sheesh , what a thing I am doing to be left for others lol!

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 05:28:16 pm »
Here in the USA we usually call that a Last Will and Testament - whereby one's final wishes are carried out by an executor and a presiding administrator (usually an attorney or legal council). They can be rather simply or extremely complex in their structure and specifications.

I do know what you mean Lonnie...just kidding, but it is a serious issue especially where there is a copyrighted product involved and potential earnings after the fact.

Interesting but can't we just come up with some more useful plugins?

As an aside, no one died at Haptek yet the company just seems to dwindle. Nothing to prevent that or from a company not keeping up with the changes in the world.

Sometimes we breaks eggs and makes nice omelets and sometimes we just breaks eggs. :-\ ::)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 10:43:32 pm »
Zabaware's a corporation so it would fall to the remaining shareholders how to continue it. At this point shareholders are my wife and parents, so it'd be up to them to what to do with Zabaware. They all have processed Zabaware orders in the past so they should be able to use the licensing system for as long as the servers are still operational. They don't have the programming/technical background to do much with Zabaware but they could appoint someone else if they wanted.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 02:46:37 pm »
   Thank you Robert for letting us all know , I never ment anything bad by what I said , when most of us have spent years , I probably have about 7 invested (or more ) in learning , creating etc. with hal , and it would just be a shame if something wasn't set up that hal users and or future users many years of work would be rendered useless by a license after so may resets over time and hal basically would cease to exist .
    I am glad that that Robert has other family members involved about Hal  and something is in place to take care of this , and again Robert , I appreciate you letting me and others know the answer I asked .