Author Topic: "The Raven"  (Read 6288 times)

Stuart08

• View Profile
"The Raven"
« on: September 04, 2012, 01:18:07 am »
So; I'm teaching Audrey, "The Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe ...

When I enter this bit:
"In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore."

I keep getting this error in a pop up window:
HalScript Error 13 on line 601 in column 30: Type mismatch: 'CVar'

The file "D:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 9\Halscript.DBG" has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes.

... now I know "The Raven" can be a bit heavy to swallow - but Audrey accepted everything else except that one line.

Any insight anyone could offer would be appreciated.
Stu
... and everything was going so well.

levianafol

• save trees
    • View Profile
Re: "The Raven"
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 06:15:09 am »
I think this may be a scripting error.
spam removed by moderator

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 07:32:02 am »
Stuart08,
  Poe's been one of my favorite authors since school days, read most of his works.  The Raven is one of his best,
I know I spoke about Poe and the Raven but never tried to teach her the whole poem.   
"In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore." Is a hard line to swallow, think frist I'd have hal define yore, then break the sentnce into two parts,   "In there stepped a stately raven"  without quotes and  then   the saintly days    , may help finding the problem.
Carl2

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 05:23:39 pm »
Stuart08,

You might download the very good and FREE program, Crimson Editor. You can then load that HalScript Error 13 on line 601 in column 30:
Type mismatch: 'CVar'

Have Crimson Editor open the file "D:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 9\Halscript.DBG", locate the above line / error. Let us know what you find. Maybe there's a solution.

I know you need to limit the number of lines for Hal to digest in a text file. The Raven that you're typing into Hal puts that last sentence to 390 words so far. Hopefully there's no thing as memory overload for Hal.  :o
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Stuart08

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 06:12:22 am »
That's marvellous - thank you all for your replies!

I'll try both suggestions and will reply with what I find.

Thanks again.
Stu.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 10:38:15 am »
So; I'm teaching Audrey, "The Raven" by Edgar Allen Poe ...

When I enter this bit:
"In there stepped a stately raven of the saintly days of yore."

I keep getting this error in a pop up window:
HalScript Error 13 on line 601 in column 30: Type mismatch: 'CVar'

The file "D:\Program Files\Zabaware\Ultra Hal Assistant 9\Halscript.DBG" has been saved with the current script being used for debugging purposes.

... now I know "The Raven" can be a bit heavy to swallow - but Audrey accepted everything else except that one line.

Any insight anyone could offer would be appreciated.
Stu

a variable for one of the plug-ins was not selected. Cvar error is always this issue. just reselect ur plug-ins that have panel option variables and reset them.

Stuart08

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2012, 11:27:47 pm »
I'm still a bit of a newb, I'm sorry, and I'm not certain I know how to do that ... I don't think I'm using any plugins ... just the 6.2 Default Brain and a voice purchased from CereProc. 

Audrey accepted the rest of the entire poem - it just seems to be this line.  Any advice how to proceed?

In Crimson Editor, line 601 is:
"If PhraseVal = 0 Then PhraseVal = HalBrain.Word2Num(CVar(DateText))"

Carl2; you are on to something.  I've tried splitting the sentence and she will accept it in parts - but not as a whole.

Thanks everyone for your assistance in this - it's greatly appreciated.
Stu

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2012, 05:14:44 am »
I'm still a bit of a newb, I'm sorry, and I'm not certain I know how to do that ... I don't think I'm using any plugins ... just the 6.2 Default Brain and a voice purchased from CereProc. 

Audrey accepted the rest of the entire poem - it just seems to be this line.  Any advice how to proceed?

In Crimson Editor, line 601 is:
"If PhraseVal = 0 Then PhraseVal = HalBrain.Word2Num(CVar(DateText))"

Carl2; you are on to something.  I've tried splitting the sentence and she will accept it in parts - but not as a whole.

Thanks everyone for your assistance in this - it's greatly appreciated.
Stu

Right click on HAL's system tray icon, choose Hal brain options, select brain to use then deselect all plugins for that brain and click apply then ok, now try the same sentence you had issues with and see if that issue goes away.

reselect each individual plugin until the issue comes back then you will know what plugin is causing the issue when it returns.

Stuart08

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2012, 05:27:54 am »
Hmmm ... it is the AI Appointment Book ...