Author Topic: cyberlink power dvd 11 and 3d hal?  (Read 2804 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
cyberlink power dvd 11 and 3d hal?
« on: July 21, 2011, 05:59:41 pm »
i don't know if anyone else has read things on this on the web but this cyberlink power dvd 11 player is suppose to take any movie and make it show as 3d on a pc.
my thoughts on this is this would be something cool if hal program could do this , all you need is a cheap pair of the 3d glasses (cardboard and red/ green? plastic lens sold on ebay ) and we could see hal in 3d and this would be even better with a full body hal , what the program would really need is to also change back ground objects into 3d looking images to as well as the moving hal image . maybe the free trial will let someone try it?
I hope Robert see's this idea  and maybe keeps it in mind as a future hal upgrade sometime!!  :) ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpTEm21t1G4

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Re: cyberlink power dvd 11 and 3d hal?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2011, 06:10:18 pm »
I did have the program working....

It only woks on DVD's / Blue ray....

Is actually Two Perspective pictures (overlay)... Works VERY good with IMAX or (PIONEER) 3d tv glasses NOT RED/GREEN LENS.....

I have a game on the RED/GREEN Really gives a headache after little while....

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 07:06:12 pm »
hi spydaz , but i wonder if it could be adapted to make hal screen do an overlay to create a 3d effect ?
if so that would be pretty cool if their was a 3d effect button and an off button for normal hal viewing! :)

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2011, 04:49:20 pm »
lightspeed don't forget the 3d technology they are still trying to ram down our throats have the second or third maybe the fourth versions working, I loose count of 3d, without the use of any glasses but 2 layered screens that fools our eyes into a 3d perception.

Sorry old school, never liked surround sound. I'm looking at a screen that does not encompass my environment but right in front of me. It's hard for me to hear things behind me when I can't turn around see anything and probably miss the best part of the movie in front of me.It really is about submersing yourself in a environment that you can't have with a single screen in front of you.(My opinion only) Never really enjoyed 3d until movies such as Avatar that were solely based upon the experience of 3d with James Cameron at the controls. I have found some 3d movies just annoying especially when they are re-released in 3d or for the hype released in 3d with no thought of content. For me certain movie makers can make it enjoyable but so,so few.

Not knocking your idea though. It might be interesting to see Ultra Hal in a 3d environment although seems very limited because of the movement or content is so limited but to each their own.

raybe