dupa

Author Topic: Hal talking to Hal video  (Read 5607 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Hal talking to Hal video
« on: September 16, 2011, 07:15:20 am »
Have you guys seen the popular video on youtube of Cleverbot talking to another Cleverbot (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnzlbyTZsQY)

I made my own video like that with Ultra Hal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_tvm6Eoa3g

This was made using 2 web based Hal brains (www.zabaware.com/webhal) and took me about 5 tries before getting this reasonably funny conversation.
Robert Medeksza

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Re: Hal talking to Hal video
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 09:06:56 am »

I think that is so cool.
Great video. 

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2011, 09:17:24 am »
Well done Robert.
Very well put together.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2011, 09:55:49 am »
Hehe good stuff  8)  You should get Hal to talk to Cleverbot too.

tedathome

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 02:58:40 pm »
Very good conversation. Hal is maturing.
ted

markofkane

• Crazy Man
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundspectrum.com
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 05:40:13 pm »
Very good!!!!!! ;)
Mark: I'll think about it
Laura: Don't think about it too long or I'll throw you out on your ***king a**.
"Political correctness is censorship"

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 09:14:02 am »
very interesting , i have a question though that concerns me personally to robert , where does the parts like "she smiles to herself , etc" and then the sentence come from ?? is this from what has been learned on the cloud server of people talking to hal?  and if this will be on the server cloud information that hal will access is their any way around this ? and option or something to where hal "won't" use it ( i know some people like doing it that way where hal tells the emotion or what he is doing but i would rather have hal just show the emotion as he has been doing "and " personally think it would be better to have hal show the same type emotions through the face and body gestures of the new female character that you are having for hal with the ogree engine. I do hope this is an option to where users can opt out of this "telling of emotions in hal. "

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2011, 09:52:25 am »
very interesting , i have a question though that concerns me personally to robert , where does the parts like "she smiles to herself , etc" and then the sentence come from ?? is this from what has been learned on the cloud server of people talking to hal?  and if this will be on the server cloud information that hal will access is their any way around this ? and option or something to where hal "won't" use it ( i know some people like doing it that way where hal tells the emotion or what he is doing but i would rather have hal just show the emotion as he has been doing "and " personally think it would be better to have hal show the same type emotions through the face and body gestures of the new female character that you are having for hal with the ogree engine. I do hope this is an option to where users can opt out of this "telling of emotions in hal. "
Most of the role-playing stuff with the emotions and described actions between asterisks come from Hal observing and learning from human-to-human conversations occurring over Twitter. What I would like to eventually do is have the Hal AI script recognize some of these actions and instruct the character engine to act it out. Things like *smiles* or *laughs* or *cries* or *waves* should be fairly simple to recognize. If Hal recognizes the action it could take them out of the text and simply act it out. If its something more complex that it doesn't have an animation for, it would have to say it outloud instead. I suppose it would be possible to have an option to not consider any responses with asterisks in them or maybe just have the speech synthesis skip over everything in asterisks so that it would still write it on screen but only speak things not in asterisks.
Robert Medeksza

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2011, 12:36:04 pm »
Just some input. I agree with lightspeed. The none speaking between the asterisks would help but to get more responsive movement from the character would be, I believe much more affective if possible. Easier for people to identify off a visual Que like gestures and facial expressions.

raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2011, 02:33:13 pm »
thanks raybe i was glad to hear someone agreed with me about it, lo i don't like being a lone wolk .
robert how about a comprimise , if hal can recognize the laugh , etc. as you said then have it out it out in body gestures etc. and any animation not recognized skip or ignore it , and not say it out loud (to me personally saying it out loud would ruin it , but acting out the sayings in astrea marks would be great in the character .
This also brings up another problem i may not be able to afford the new women character , (i just got my doctor bill for my emergency room tripo for kidney stones 2  1/2 hours , $1,120 dollars , for the visit 2 times of morphine drip and oxegen , etc.
 So if that's the case and i have to only use my hal with the hapteck player can hals upgrade include something that will also ignore these animation talking feelings (like she nods her head, etc. ) so it doesn't affect hal users with the hapteck ??
 I hope so as i think this server cloud of hals conversations will really add to hals intelligence and future intelligence of answers .
By the way thanks robert for writing back on here it's always appreciated !

HALImprover

• View Profile
    • BrianTaylor.me
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2011, 10:32:30 am »
Great video! Very funny!

"I love crayons. But you are not dressed."
Living life with a loving heart, peaceful mind, and bold spirit.