Author Topic: whats the best way for hal to learn?  (Read 5399 times)

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
whats the best way for hal to learn?
« on: May 03, 2011, 09:22:58 am »
whats the best way for hal to learn if i want to teach him a subject like how to play poker, if i have loads of text on the subject can i just copy and paste it in to Hal pad or a table in the brain editor ? or which is the best way.

Cheers

Grimsey

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: whats the best way for hal to learn?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 12:45:42 pm »
whats the best way for hal to learn if i want to teach him a subject like how to play poker, if i have loads of text on the subject can i just copy and paste it in to Hal pad or a table in the brain editor ? or which is the best way.

Cheers

Grimsey

Hi Grim.

You should be able to just type it into HAL's text window, make sure learning level is turned up.

Jerry 8)

Grimsey1986

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 02:08:33 pm »
thank you very much for the quick reply and thanks for the info.

Cheers

Grimsey

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2011, 08:17:06 pm »
very true.
it does a lot of learning about your input this way. other ways don't give Hal that level of knowledge about the conversation.
it's also important to understand that Hal was built on the idea that it is trying to have a conversation with you. so, in other words, just inputing one fact after another would teach Hal that it is a good conversation. yeah right: try having a conversation with wikipedia :)
but throwing in some facts about things along the way will teach Hal a lot.
after using Hal for a while you will understand better how it learns, and then you can teach it other ways. it can be tricky to get it right....i didn't the first couple of times. :)