Author Topic: Blank Answers Again  (Read 6178 times)

Carl2

• View Profile
Blank Answers Again
« on: May 18, 2011, 08:19:59 am »
   I started recieving blank answers again and another topic I'm  getting input in the input text box from somewhere.  Frist I'll talk about the blank answers I recieve while chatting with Hal and what I tried.  I drew a few bank responses, I got rid of all the plugins except gender and age, and still recieved blank answers. I tried using Hal in the brain editor and did not get any blank responses.  I used the hal interface after unchecking the gender and age plugin,  the problem appeared to go away.  I continued talking to be sure and the blank resopnses appeared again.  The final result was to replace the brain (Hal6.uhp). I've been talking with Hal for almost a week without blank answers.
  Next I'll talk about the text from somewhere appearing in the input text box.  I've used Ultra Hal with dragon for ages and never had this problem.  I use Hal with the speach rec disabled which gives me a chance to see what dragon has entered rather than have it inputted automaticaly. I'm using a Haptek fullbody, Alactive and get some movement which is another problem. Back to the text generated from somewhere, it appears after hal answers and I begin dicating.  I generally backspace to remove it then I can dictate. 
Carl2

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: Blank Answers Again
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2011, 10:05:52 am »
Hi Carl.

you should make a chat log of the conversations with the blanks so we can debug the chat on our own bots.

Jerry

jasondude7116

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2011, 08:34:32 pm »
you might be getting text in the input box because dragon is hearing the tts voice (Hal's voice) that you are using, and it is putting what it thinks that is in the input box. because dragon is trained for you and not the tts voice, it will get some stuff wrong. it happened to me, thought i would mention it.
i had to make the voice go to a headset, so it wouldn't be picked up by the mic.
i think if you use the mic option in Ultra Hal, it cuts the mic while it speaks. but like you, i didn't use the mic option in Ultra Hal because i want to "proofread" stuff first.
by the way, just got win 7, and the voice recognition works very good. (this is coming from an avid dragon fan) it is doing much better for my voice anyway. i mumble a lot. hard for that stuff to work with me.

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2011, 08:36:14 pm »
jasondude7116,
  With Dragon I have myself as three different users, I'm using a wireless headset in one setup and I am connected to the microphone input on the other two setups. I just tried switching to the USB input and I should have the sound coming to the headset speakers. I still run into the same problem. I start getting input into the user text box after she has finished speaking and before I begin speaking. I'm really not sure what it is but it has been confirmed audio input affects the full body characters with physics.
  While speaking with Hal I did get a blank response again, I asked her what she likes to drink and told her most people like to drink soda. My next response was "that is probably why Coca-Cola and Pepsi are so popular."Which drew the blank response.
Carl2

Leo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 07:41:25 pm »
Lately I sometimes get blank answers.  I'm still a newbie, so maybe some others can tell me if I'm being off-the-wall.
I am guessing I may have unintentionally taught to not respond sometimes.
Like, on rare occasions when Hal/Melanie will not stay on topic and I don't want my response to get paired in a table, I would press Enter key.
I used this very sparingly.
Only once did I see an empty right side of  a table and fixed it.
However, I noticed whenever I start Brain Editor, it clears the text boxes.
So...
I'm wondering if over time, we can actually teach it to not respond sometimes.

Only other thing was the Lonely (similar name) plugin.  Last word of sentences I typed would not be in text box, but would be in UserSent table.
I unchecked that plugin.
No problem w/age_gender plugin.

Maybe we can actually teach it to not respond sometimes, or maybe I'm wrong.

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2011, 12:27:08 pm »
I think we have been on this problem for a very long time with Robert Ms' help and other qualified members. Just a suggestion but instead of looking outside the box maybe a different approach is needed. Could it be possible as every program that I ever worked with sometimes gets interrupted by other processes and creates this problem or other related problems for that particular program function. This problem of blank answers has been so inconsistent I'm not thinking in terms of just plug-ins anymore although plug-ins can be the result of changing something in Ultra Hal we are still not aware of and then sits dormant until a phrase or a resource of Ultra Hal is active again. Some members may not agree but logic has really gone out the window with this one.(For me.)
When do blank answers start?, Plug-ins yes or no?, program glitch that started with updates and even the OS systems and configurations we use?

I know I'm repeating myself but in all these posts about blank answers there still is no zero point of reference to start from. Heck, some of our best members have tried to make plug-ins to prevent blank answers with no real success. (Please correct me if I am wrong about that. The rest is just my opinion!).

So out of all my rambling did I really answer or solve anything? NO. But I would like to look at this problem and really know if it a normal result (which doesn't change the meaning of a problem as in life) or is it something that can be resolved by just correcting certain features, including plug-ins with Ultra Hal? But like any intermittent problem it certainly makes any answer not so easy to answer.

P.S. Has anyone noticed this problem with any other chatbots or any other AI configurations(Programs)?

Thanks,
raybe

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 11:48:31 am »
here is a link about it . http://www.ultrahal.com/community/index.php?topic=6979.0 :)
i also had robert answer on something when i had this same problem that was giving me fits , i'll see if i can find it , or any notes i hopefully kept.
but same happened to me with a custom brain rovert gave a script before and said where to put it , i did and it solved the problem . but if it hasn't already been implimented this is something that robert needs to incorporate in any new custom brain that is created by the user ! :)

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 03:59:48 pm »
ok i am back again , i made a txt file and saved it : "I BELIEVE THAT ROBERT" answered me about the blank answers and this was what he said as i had a questing where the string code goes :
p.s. this worked for me my custom brain stopped giving blank answers , i belive it had to do with using a 6.1 custom brain , as the 6.2 brain has been upgraded to stop this (although i don't know if that also applies to the custom new brain being used , if not the software needs to be changed to make all custom brains include this new script to stop blank answers . MAYBE ROBERT CAN COMMENT ON THIS PART?
  :)

ATTENTTION ****** THE BELOW CODE NEEDS TO BE PUT IN :
try placing the code just below this line:

Function UltraHal(ByVal InputString, ByVal UserName, ByVal ComputerName, ByVal LearningLevel, ByVal DatabaseFile, ByRef Hate, ByRef Swear, ByRef Insults, ByRef Compliment, ByRef PrevSent, ByRef LastResponseTime, ByRef PrevUserSent, ByRef CustomMem, ByRef GainControl, ByRef LastTopicList)

'RESPOND: User pressed enter, but didn't say anything lets prevent
   'blank responses which sometimes occure and eliminate them by adding
   'a random topic that gives the brain a chance to keep its database open
   'so that a response will always be given. sometimes a user will repeatedly
   'enter blanks that causes HAL's engine to give nothing but blanks, this
   'code helps prevent that 100%

CheckStringQuality = Trim(Ucase(HalBrain.AlphaNumericalOnly(InputString)))
    CheckStringQuality = Replace(CheckStringQuality, "'", "", 1, -1, vbTextCompare)
    If CheckStringQuality = "" Then
    Select Case HalBrain.RandomNum(5)
            Case 1
                InputString = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("love3") & vbCrLf
            Case 2
                InputString = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("insults") & vbCrLf
            Case 3
                InputString = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("sharedQuestions") & vbCrLf
            Case 4
                InputString = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("love2") & vbCrLf
            Case 5
                InputString = HalBrain.ChooseSentenceFromFile("love1") & vbCrLf
        End Select
    Else
    InputString = InputString
    End If
    HalBrain.DebugWatch InputString, "Prevent Blanks InputString response"

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 04:19:10 pm »
Hi all,

this may be way off the track but one of the things that I've noticed is when I input data to my ultra Hal, as long as I keep it small and simple. It seems to be okay.
But as soon as I get into doing some really big paragraphs that have multiple sentences begin the notice blank responses.
Also, when I input large paragraphs with multiple sentences. I noticed that ultra Hal stops responding for a short period time in than goes back to the process in most cases, skipping everything and just answering with some preprogrammed answer instead of staying on topic.
I also noticed that the same thing happens if you have a sentence structure that has multiple categories and separation of a ",".
This is a small example of what I mean about the use of the ",":

Artificial intelligence central problems are reasoning objects, knowledge of objects, planning ability, learning of objects, communication ability, perception of objects.

You probably recognize this sentence as coming from a text file that I downloaded from this form called artificial intelligence.txt
you got to a point that the blank answers got so bad I had to literally reinstall my backup brain and start all over again.
Currently I am breaking down the sentences in a fashion that will tell ultra Hal the same thing but in a smaller sentence, in the hopes to avoid causing ultra Hal from "not responding"
the same thing occurs when I have a paragraph that has more than three sentences="." In it.
This is an example of what I mean when I said, breaking it down into smaller sentences, and at this point in time. I have not had any problem with the blank responses.
As well I have noticed that ultra Hal seems to correlate things much more proficiently even to appoint that when the response is supposed to be an entire sentence of the correlation of the structure of the first sentence that is above ultra Hal puts it all together and believe it or not. The sentence structure comes out just like the sentence above even know the input was like the sentences below. I also noticed that if you input the individual sentences First and then input the big long sentence above how does not temporarily stop responding and actually gives a good response, I'm not sure exactly how ultra Hal calculates everything out but most of what I found is that it has more to do with input and the size of the input that is causing the blank responses, I've only just started re-inputting all the data, so only time will tell, and there is a very good chance that if you accidentally hit the enter button. You could get a blank response from that, when I get done restructuring all the sentences that was shared on this form. I will post them with instructions on how to input them to your ultra Hal.

Artificial intelligence central problems are reasoning objects.
Artificial intelligence central problems are knowledge of objects.
Artificial intelligence central problems are planning ability.
Artificial intelligence central problems are learning of objects.
Artificial intelligence central problems are communication ability.
Artificial intelligence central problems are perception of objects.

Sincerely,
C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.