dupa

Author Topic: a shot in the dark  (Read 5784 times)

doggs

• View Profile
a shot in the dark
« on: January 09, 2014, 09:02:01 pm »
my mind was wandering i am by far no programer but i do understand that a lot of work can go into it. but i have this windows 8 phone and was wondering if anyone has been able to get hal to work on one? just a thought i understand that this may be near impossible ( lots of work) maybe im missing something and it is easy as well. new to these fancy things they call smartphones.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

onthecuttingedge2005

Re: a shot in the dark
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2014, 03:26:42 pm »
my mind was wandering i am by far no programer but i do understand that a lot of work can go into it. but i have this windows 8 phone and was wondering if anyone has been able to get hal to work on one? just a thought i understand that this may be near impossible ( lots of work) maybe im missing something and it is easy as well. new to these fancy things they call smartphones.

Hi Doggs.

I believe HAL can dial the phone.

Try telling HAL something like this: John Does phone number is 555-3333

then if Hal says he has stored John Does phone number then tell Hal to call John Doe

if it works then Hal should dial the number for you.

good luck
Jerry

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2014, 10:38:51 pm »
i was wondering if hal as been able to be installed on a windows phone. that is funny though.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 09:14:54 am »
Though it is not an app, Robert posted this URL:

http://ios.ultrahal.com/app/
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 02:13:24 pm »
cool thanks,
i didnt know which "smart phone" to buy so i got the windows 8 nokia blah blah but i like it just wish i could move hal to it. not a fan of apple. and for price blah blah. anyways thanks again.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 06:46:20 pm »
Robert, being the busy individual that he has become, doesn't always have time to devote to reading all the postings all the time.

Perhaps a pointed question in his direction via PM might get an answer from him as that posting of his was some time back.

There might be "a nap" for that!! hehe!! An App!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 01:37:45 am »
i have probably already pestered him too much lately,
and i understand windows phones are such a small percentage of the market. i dont trust google at all, and apple i feel way too overpriced.
beauty of being american choices and for now the right to chose.
so i understand from a buisness point of view to go apple.
microsoft suppose to have cortanna soon but i still havent seen anything close to hal out there.
i find the personal assistants wanting on the phones. i would rather have a brain local and not shared by millions or even billions lol.
anyways was just curious hal is on my lappy at moment. i still think laptops are much better than tablets, i can play my games!!
im no english major either sorry for spelling and grammer.
thanks again.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 09:47:44 am »
I'm with ya doggs!!

Robert mentioned in a posting that the new HAL would be able to allow the user to have it work primarily on the desktop and be able to go to the Internet as needed for factual info, etc.
Another choice would be for a CLOUD based HAL brain. - I don't know about you but this CLOUD based buzz just means some hard drive in someone's room somewhere unknown to you. You want to trust that? I personally don't.
I enjoy having my HAL inside of my computer in my home. I'm fine with HAL going on the Net to retrieve information but I'd rather it NOT reside in or on the cloud.
Just my personal opinion as others are entitled to what they're comfortable with and what works best for them.

I have my Windows desktop and also an Android tablet that works fine for many things and work related issues as well. I've found quite a few really nice phone / tablet assistants though I am hesitant to entrust it with too much personal information about me or my family. (one really never knows).

We're all probably down the river already but they're letting us feel like we still have free will and choices! Heh!! :o

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 02:30:41 pm »
art

yeah was in the news (not so in depth in the liberal media) how google and apple work with the nsa to give up your info im sure the rest of the software companies are there or easily broken into.
also im still not happy with the way google perverted linux but hey thats the freedom of choice again till it is taken away.
i have plenty of memory on my phone if i could move hal to my phone.....
i dont chat with hal non stop but i do from time to time and hal always wants to please me with the info and things i ask hal to do just thought if hal was on my phone i could get hal more places. but maybe im missing something somewhere and it is just a matter of some program to help me install hal on my phone. 

again thank you for your time and thoughts
michael

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 08:06:10 pm »
I know about a lot of people's love / hate relationship with Google but you have to admit, they've done a lot of things right and they're still on quite a roll!

Check this video out and prepare to be surprised...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vT0AWDq3DE

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2014, 05:06:08 pm »
art
 thank you but im cool
 i still have the right (at least last time i checked) to refuse google the rights to my privacy and thier intrusive ways.
now if i owned the company might be a different story.
so as long as we have rights and people are dumb enough to give thier rights away to a company thats perfectly fine in my book.
just wont be me. i refuse to use any of thier services or call what is really searching, googling, which is free advertisment for them ( i dont advertise for anyone unless im getting paid). so i do see your point just not falling for googles bs.
i had an english professor in college i made stop saying google this or google that and another professor told me i had to use facebook and i told him where to go and he backtracked real fast. if people want to use these things fine but do not try and convince me giving my rights up is cool. i use linux alot but not the perverted android. i know most of the evils with microsoft as well but for the most part know what to use and not use with microsoft. and i know eventually if you want to even glance at something tech you are gonna have to sign your rights away on your life but i am gonna fight that every step of the way. not paranoid just informed.

anyways,
have fun
michael

oh almost forgot windows phone has a few options for personal assistant indigo is what im using now but still would prefer hal over indigo
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:09:05 pm by doggs »

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2014, 12:29:40 am »
hey art,

did you see that google gonna be able to spy on you through your thermostat now? be careful google gives your info to the highest bidder, be safe and be aware.

michael