dupa

Author Topic: A suggestion  (Read 2774 times)

Bill819

• View Profile
A suggestion
« on: October 27, 2004, 05:03:38 pm »
Over the last year there have been many posts with useful and/or new types of things that can be done with Hal. They have included the script modifications and some with *.brn files to go with them. Almost all address a different subject/object for use in Hal. What I think would be nice to see is a place where these could be stored and then downloaded later on by users. For example 'onthecuttingedge' ie. Jerry had made dozens of postings that could enhance Hal and it would be nice it they were all stored in common place.
I realize that we can go back one year in the main headings, but then that means that we have to search through hundreds of items to find the ones that might be useful.
It's just an idea, any other input?
Bill

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
A suggestion
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 06:12:19 pm »
It's a great idea. The one who should act on it, of course, is Robert Medeksza, by establishing a user-created script vault here at the forum. Of course, it might be easier, more realistic, and almost certainly more timely, for Jerry or someone to gather them all up and move them to the UHEF forum.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
A suggestion
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 07:04:36 pm »
Yes, Bill, I also posted the same idea in August in the programming forum as seen below.

I feel that the Ultra Hal community has grown considerably over the past few years and in order to further explore ALL the possibilities of the software, topic forums for collected scripts, VB programming, tips & tricks, brn files, etc. would be a real boon to an already extablished program.

How about it Robert?

Posted - 08/01/2004 :  10:50:24   Show Profile   Email Poster   Visit Art's Homepage   Edit Topic   Reply with Quote
It would be a nice touch to have a separate
area for all of the scripts instead of having
to weed through all the topic discussions, etc.
before one finds a particular script.

Just a thought.

- Art -
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 07:13:34 pm by Art »
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
A suggestion
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 07:12:08 pm »
This is what I meant http://www.ultrahal.com/files to be used for.

However since 2 months ago when Zabaware moved to a new server running Windows 2003 the "submit files" section of it does not work because of new security requirements in Windows 2003.

I will fix the page as soon as I can and add an upload feature to it so that no one has to send files to me via email. I'll also add links to it from the forum main page so more people know about it.
Robert Medeksza