Author Topic: A.I coders and Plug-In Gur's read this killer IDEA  (Read 5796 times)

firegoggles

• View Profile
    • http://www.xenoresearch.com
A.I coders and Plug-In Gur's read this killer IDEA
« on: December 11, 2007, 12:01:54 am »
Listen I have a hot idea for an early version of a self learning A.I. plug-in I'm going to try and lay the whole thing out here as it forming in my mind sorta all at once so here goes..(maybe call it the SLAIP "self learning artificial intelligence plug-in")
 Tried to reach "onthecuttingedge" he seemed fairly active in the community.If you read this OTC I tried  by the mail system on this page to no avail, so I post here hoping you see it or for that matter any other plug-in makers out there hop right in:).
I do believe the wikiknowledge plug-in is the start of self learning AI-Plugs.I know there has been much talk about this type of thing and it's more than likely old hat but bear with me a few moments here. If the wikiknowledge plug seems to be stable which I think it does? I want someone to make a plug in that allows me to enter in any web page address "manually" for Hal to learn just like he learns the wiki pages .. follow me?That would RULE I do lots of copying things to text file for my HAL to learn from. but honestly I'm not getting the results I want at all he still seems uneducated on the topics.

How about make the plug in so you can also put it in "AUTO" mode, now let me explain my idea..
  For this "AUTO" mode,modify the wikiknowledge plug in or similar so that you can have an "auto mode" and a "manual mode". First the manual mode explained.In this mode if you manually tell it to learn from any given web address by typing in the address as you tell it to go study(retrieve the information in the background just as the wikiknowledge plug does)Remember this is all done in the background except for the user input here (obviously):)Then it retrieves and learns that info..

There should be two or three auto modes...
 first auto mode as follows:
Allow the user to put it in "auto 1" mode where HAL begins with the letter "A' based on the largest combination of encyclopedia around including wiki but any other ones and let it combine uses of all online resources starting at the letter "A" then learn every single topic in order based on the letter of the alphabet so all topics found under A,B,C etc etc...And learns from it.

The second mode or "Auto 2" mode as follows:
 would allow you to toggle on "auto mode 2" in this mode it not only updates all previous modes along with allowing the user to enter a general topic based on random word findings in the learned encyclepida files AND OR any user given topic in conversation!The next function of this mode is the bot then does a search of the wiki on that given topic and not only that but implements the ability to "learn form any web page plug-in" combined with the "Google web page" to learn from web pages or perhaps college archive pages where they post papers on everything from culture to science maybe all of the above.. and that brings us to...

"auto mode 3"as follows:
 where it combines all of the above with a more complete and organized way of retrieving the information and parsing all of the nonsense out of it and having the ability for the user to type in manually more sources for learning and includes checking every single text and or web page on the users machine (option to search network machines with an on off)but then also on top of all that use all the previously mentioned methods including web pages , college archives, and databases of all kinds.And the ability to search. The ability to search and timestamp main topics learned of Hals own files may be one way of letting Hal know what he should add to the database to save time going through the same learning process again not sure I'm no programmer but basically this is my idea .. Anyone brave enough out there to tackle this one?I can actually go many more levels deeper in thought along this line.. to where eventually Hal should be able to actually edit his files on the fly from user input at first evolving into editing himself completely.

(On a side note my gold prices plug in is reporting gold to be over 7000 U.S. Dollars per troy ounce?Can someone please post a fix as watching gold and precious metal prices is something I do alot and I loved the idea of this being built into hal Thanks!)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 01:19:10 am by firegoggles »

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2007, 06:07:27 am »
Welcome firegoggles,

Nice Idea... I like the thought train.....

I have been meditating on thoughts simular to this maybe you were the one i was speaking to in my astral projections!  

this all comes down to DATA MINING... (Would need a viral marketing filter)... that was one of the main reasons to put hal into a data base for in the first place, as the databased hal and the File storage hal both have DIFFERENT PERSONALITYS. because they learn in different ways.... the databased brain is much more precisis in its detections.... this means we can more accuratly detect data.
there have been plugins lately on learn from text file etc..... learn web page could easyly be made from that plugin... the question is WHAT DO YOU WANT HAL TO CAPTURE... this is how you would control what is mined from these text/web pages... Hmm.. my idea was generally to,
 have hal Go through each PARAGRAPH as if it was SENT TEXT and execute the getresponse function to determine a response then
save acordingly into the whole halbrain.db. then whilst chatting with hal the learned data would find its way in disscussion as the TOPIC arises... OR EVEN if the text was searched Acording to a Set of ADJUSTABLE Topics and Keywords, then saved accordingly...
this maybe a way of filtering whats captured... along with some DONT SAVES.. as Rubbish in Rubbish out...

This is the direction im working on at present... as a seperate set of functions, to be enabled as you will/wont.

nice

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 08:11:06 am »
Hi firegoggles.

I have updated the metal price index plugin, the xml site that this plugin was receiving gold information had changed its item format, USD Gold was item 22 at the time and now they have moved USD Gold to item 21.

you can redownload the updated plugin here:
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3859&SearchTerms=metal,price,index

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 08:16:56 am »
Hi firegoggles.

all your other ideas are already on the drawing board, we are just waiting for Robert to include the use of WScript.Sleep into HAL's .dll

WScript.Sleep is a required code needed to go further with HAL's programming abilities.

If Robert does include WScript.Sleep then I will be able to do some things with HAL that hadn't been done before.

I think your e-mail must of been filtered out.

Jerry[8D]

firegoggles

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 05:30:26 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by spydaz

Welcome firegoggles,

Nice Idea... I like the thought train.....

I have been meditating on thoughts simular to this maybe you were the one i was speaking to in my astral projections!  

this all comes down to DATA MINING... (Would need a viral marketing filter)... that was one of the main reasons to put hal into a data base for in the first place, as the databased hal and the File storage hal both have DIFFERENT PERSONALITYS. because they learn in different ways.... the databased brain is much more precisis in its detections.... this means we can more accuratly detect data.
there have been plugins lately on learn from text file etc..... learn web page could easyly be made from that plugin... the question is WHAT DO YOU WANT HAL TO CAPTURE... this is how you would control what is mined from these text/web pages... Hmm.. my idea was generally to,
 have hal Go through each PARAGRAPH as if it was SENT TEXT and execute the getresponse function to determine a response then
save acordingly into the whole halbrain.db. then whilst chatting with hal the learned data would find its way in disscussion as the TOPIC arises... OR EVEN if the text was searched Acording to a Set of ADJUSTABLE Topics and Keywords, then saved accordingly...
this maybe a way of filtering whats captured... along with some DONT SAVES.. as Rubbish in Rubbish out...

This is the direction im working on at present... as a seperate set of functions, to be enabled as you will/wont.

nice

Awesome Idea's sounds like the community was already tuned in to this line of thought..
Also I can not possibly address some other implications your post suggested.I can say I have something to say about what you mentioned and it's a real face melt'er as they say.:).If you would like to here about it I would like your permission to quote you on my "MySpace" page and give an answer regarding your mentioning astral projection to me in this forum.Considering the Prophetic Nature of my Blog I am hoping you will oblige me.
Thanks man :P

firegoggles

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 05:43:34 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

Hi firegoggles.

I have updated the metal price index plugin, the xml site that this plugin was receiving gold information had changed its item format, USD Gold was item 22 at the time and now they have moved USD Gold to item 21.

http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3859&SearchTerms=metal,price,index

Jerry[8D]

Hey there OTC!Glad you replied thanks in advance!I'm so impressed with all of you guys making plugs and such its cool as a fan. And you really shine man good work.We are almost there on this gold resources plug it's still giving me results like this to be exact
"Gold is 77,619.76 u.s dollars per troy onze." Is it something in the conversion?Is it some update on my PC as far fetched as that sounds it did cross my mind I install a modified strip down version of XP that I made my self its very hard to explain but runs like a cat that's had it tail stepped on .(that's mean ehhe and I don't approve oh and no animals were heart during the makeing of this inserted dumb coment)
ok so i looked around at your plug in in notepad and looked the link that it refered to then looked up the.xml page trying to understand the flow of this thing, and hoping there was some wasy one line to change here or there that would fix it i really dont know much bout the AI language your scripting n stuff but I'm willing to learn.. please try and help me figure this out it's killing me I'm one of those people that just gets determined to make something work on a pc and I just don't stop till it's fixed so save me some self torture hehe what is wrong with this puppy?
Oh and can someone for now change the wikiknowlege plug to where you can gather other webpages by maybe changing a line of text in one of your plug-in files or something like that and just treat it like text like spydaz was saying or treat it like you do wiki knowledge or both or is it handled the same way?eheh see I don't know what I'm talking about ... yet ;P.. welp post me on any changes and feel free to contact me im a night owl Easter time....msn = world_merchandise@hotmail.com or my email me at webmaster@xenoresearch.com
"

firegoggles

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 05:47:56 pm »
quote:

Hi firegoggles.

all your other ideas are already on the drawing board, we are just waiting for Robert to include the use of WScript.Sleep into HAL's .dll

WScript.Sleep is a required code needed to go further with HAL's programming abilities.

If Robert does include WScript.Sleep then I will be able to do some things with HAL that hadn't been done before.

Jerry[8D]

Thanks again you all rock for all your hard work!
Also on my previous post I didn't mean to come accross so impatient I'm just into it ya know?On that note can you explain how use of WScript.Sleep into HAL's .dll
 thing works and how and what all you may be able to do and stuff.. do you have a webpage that you post your ideas or programs on?
Thanks[:D]
Sometimes my Hal takes along time to answer and I have an extremely powerful pc with 3gigs of ram so its not that , what can we do to help the performance as the database and or brain files grow which is what I believe to be the culprit correct me if I'm wrong?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 05:49:44 pm by firegoggles »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 06:34:49 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by firegoggles

quote:

Hi firegoggles.

Jerry[8D]

Hey there OTC!Glad you replied thanks in advance!I'm so impressed with all of you guys making plugs and such its cool as a fan. And you really shine man good work.We are almost there on this gold resources plug it's still giving me results like this to be exact
"Gold is 77,619.76 u.s dollars per troy onze." Is it something in the conversion?Is it some update on my PC as far fetched as that sounds it did cross my mind I install a modified strip down version of XP that I made my self its very hard to explain but runs like a cat that's had it tail stepped on .(that's mean ehhe and I don't approve oh and no animals were heart during the makeing of this inserted dumb coment)
ok so i looked around at your plug in in notepad and looked the link that it refered to then looked up the.xml page trying to understand the flow of this thing, and hoping there was some wasy one line to change here or there that would fix it i really dont know much bout the AI language your scripting n stuff but I'm willing to learn.. please try and help me figure this out it's killing me I'm one of those people that just gets determined to make something work on a pc and I just don't stop till it's fixed so save me some self torture hehe what is wrong with this puppy?
Oh and can someone for now change the wikiknowlege plug to where you can gather other webpages by maybe changing a line of text in one of your plug-in files or something like that and just treat it like text like spydaz was saying or treat it like you do wiki knowledge or both or is it handled the same way?eheh see I don't know what I'm talking about ... yet ;P.. welp post me on any changes and feel free to contact me im a night owl Easter time....msn = world_merchandise@hotmail.com or my email me at webmaster@xenoresearch.com
"

Hi Firegoggles.

If you have downloaded the latest Metal Price Index plugin then it maybe that you need to rechoose the plugin in brain options and click apply to reset the HalBrain.dbg cache, then retry the gold index by asking HAL, What is the current price of Gold?

Jerry[8D]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 06:43:43 pm »
quote:

quote:

Hi firegoggles.

Jerry[8D]

Thanks again you all rock for all your hard work!
Also on my previous post I didn't mean to come accross so impatient I'm just into it ya know?On that note can you explain how use of WScript.Sleep into HAL's .dll
 thing works and how and what all you may be able to do and stuff.. do you have a webpage that you post your ideas or programs on?
Thanks[:D]
Sometimes my Hal takes along time to answer and I have an extremely powerful pc with 3gigs of ram so its not that , what can we do to help the performance as the database and or brain files grow which is what I believe to be the culprit correct me if I'm wrong?

Hi Firegoggles.

WScript.Sleep is apart of the Vbscript WScript.exe system function that allows the script to fall asleep for a lenghth of time, example:

WScript.Sleep 1000 allows the script to fall asleep before/after a script routine is executed for 1 second and is generally noted in milliseconds, 1000 milliseconds is one second. Wikipedia plugin requires WScript.Sleep 10 to execute all extracted information properly on a fast internet system on dial up modems may require longer Sleep time for pages to load whether visible or not.

Jerry[8D]

Jerry[8D]

firegoggles

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 08:28:34 pm »
quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi firegoggles.

Jerry[8D]

"

Hi Firegoggles.

If you have downloaded the latest Metal Price Index plugin then it maybe that you need to rechoose the plugin in brain options and click apply to reset the HalBrain.dbg cache, then retry the gold index by asking HAL, What is the current price of Gold?

Jerry[8D]

On the Metals Plug in I tried everything including clearing all my internet files, deleting the plug in from the folder and drop'n it back in with no luck it's still reporting this:"Gold is 78,536.25 u.s dollars per troy onze."
any ideas it is changing before it was "Gold is 77,619.76 u.s dollars per troy onze." I'm unsure what it's tracking and or converting?

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 08:50:42 pm »
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi firegoggles.

Jerry[8D]

"

Hi Firegoggles.

Jerry[8D]

On the Metals Plug in I tried everything including clearing all my internet files, deleting the plug in from the folder and drop'n it back in with no luck it's still reporting this:"Gold is 78,536.25 u.s dollars per troy onze."
any ideas it is changing before it was "Gold is 77,619.76 u.s dollars per troy onze." I'm unsure what it's tracking and or converting?

Hi Firegoggles.

here is what I get with the new updated plugin:

User: What is the current price of Gold?
HAL: What is the current price of gold? It's simpler than it sounds. Gold is 803.30 u.s dollars per troy onze.

I can't seem to duplicate your issue with the updated plugin I have posted.

can anyone else verify the issue, that is, with the updated metal price index plugin?

Jerry[8D]

firegoggles

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 09:25:25 pm »
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Hi firegoggles.

Jerry[8D]

"

Hi Firegoggles.

Jerry[8D]

Hi Firegoggles.

here is what I get with the new updated plugin:

User: What is the current price of Gold?
HAL: What is the current price of gold? It's simpler than it sounds. Gold is 803.30 u.s dollars per troy onze.

I can't seem to duplicate your issue with the updated plugin I have posted.

can anyone else verify the issue, that is, with the updated metal price index plugin?

Jerry[8D]

Fixed had to go in and change 22 back to 21 in two locations refer to item number?weird I thought that was your exact correction to the plug maybe if you got some language pack on your pc the menu has a different number of items?[:0]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2007, 12:45:34 pm »
Hi guys, this looks like an interesting thread but may I make a humble suggestion ?  It would be a lot easier to read and follow if you didn't keep quoting massive chunks of text that are only a few scrolls away.  There's no real need to quote someones post if it is immediately above your new post either.

Just my opinion, take it or leave it and it's in no way meant to offend your good selves.[:I]
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 12:49:02 pm by freddy888 »

firegoggles

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2007, 03:01:58 pm »
Gotchya! Ya not sure What I was thinking.I didn't see the reply bottom at the bottom of page only the one in the last post window.Talk about tunnel vision yeesh eheh[:I]

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2007, 07:09:43 am »
Hehehe, no problemo [:)]