Author Topic: I screwed up !  (Read 2552 times)

Cobra8007

• View Profile
    • http://www.blackopsmercenaries.us
I screwed up !
« on: December 13, 2004, 08:58:35 pm »
As you all know, I'm rather new to HAL but not to the industry (retired 32 years).  Anyway, I've been working with UltraHal since last week when I downloaded ver 5.0. free version. I had previously purchased ver 4.5 when it came out but gave it the once over and stuck it on the shelf. Now I am running a webserver, chatserver, email service, File-Sharing-BBS-Forum server and Cobra Musicweb.  I needed a little something like Hal to add some unique value to the sites.

I purchased MASH, Babel, all of the plug-ins and what I thought was UltraHal ver 5.0.  What I got was UltraHal TTS with NeoSpeech.  Geez !  I was on pins and needles waiting for it to come in the mail and when I saw it I was so upset.  Checked my order and sure enough I got what I ordered.

So, the moral of the story is that there are so many plug-ins, engines, etc. that you should be very careful in ordering what you intend.

CoCoKid

• View Profile
    • http://www.thefinalmix.com
I screwed up !
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 12:42:31 am »
Yep, that makes sense.

I had a similar experience when I ordered Hal. I still don't know that it's been straightened out yet, because I haven't recieved my Credit Card bill yet.

When I ordered UltraHal, I entered all the information in the secure form to make the credit card purchase. I submitted the info and after about 10 minutes of no activity, I hit refresh on my browser.

I was then told that there was a problem with the transaction and that I needed to make the purchase from another location.
I went to the URL supplied and made the purchase. I thought everything was ok until I recieved the purchase confirmation in my email. TWO (2) purchase conformations!
Evidently, even though the first purchase told me that it had failed and I should try another link, it was still accepted and I was billed for both.

I sent an Email to Zabaware and I am assuming that they took care of this for me and credited my card for one of the purchases, but I'm still waiting to see. I'm sure that Zabaware understands that I didn't really need 2 copies of this software and it was a mistake by their server or my net connection or something...

-=Rick=-