Author Topic: Another head or 2 or 3  (Read 28775 times)

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2007, 02:13:29 am »
Hi Bill,
Bone structure=== In people putty you can change the shape of the face etc by stretching or shrinking things which is basically what you mean.
I don't worry about doing that because it only works with the head.
When you transfer a head onto a full body you would not see that effect.
What do i do with the heads====    I make them because i can!
I use them on full bodies to make music videos.
I was once offered to go commercial with them but reneged because i then could not give them freely to my friends on the forum or any one else that might be interested.
I know for sure that some of my heads will be used in some way on commercial sites ( altered but not stirred )
Now my turn,
You keep raving on about the ms agents, I like you with haptek don't know much about them.
Can you change their skins, hair, facial features.
Do they lip sync, can you make them walk etc,etc.
Can you show us one that you are using?
But i suppose the real question is how much do the programs to do all this ( if they can )   COST???
Neil

Lynn,=== I do what you said,
I make up the head in putty then open my image program,
In there i get other faces with all different complexions & then pick out bits & pieces do some cuts & paste, a bit of painting to blend everything together & there you have it.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2007, 06:35:14 am »
quote:
Originally posted by NIGE
You keep raving on about the ms agents, I like you with haptek don't know much about them.
Can you change their skins, hair, facial features.
Do they lip sync, can you make them walk etc,etc.
Can you show us one that you are using?
But i suppose the real question is how much do the programs to do all this ( if they can )   COST???

"Raving" is a bit exagerated since I often say that I mostly ignore my avatar... but:
Yes
Yes
Yes
No
Free. Which is why I won't buy Haptek, since I mostly ignore my avatar.

NIGE

• View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2007, 06:43:43 am »
For the loyal Haptek/Hal people.

The 3 heads, plus hair for SJ & a skin for the latter
are all available at the link below.

http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/lien.sniknej

Oh! I forgot to give you a preview of the skin.

Insert Image:

Pardon her expression,  but she was shocked that i would show her dressed like that????????????

NIGE

• View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2007, 07:00:31 am »
Bill,
Yeah, raving could have been a bit strong.
Ok,I said that i didn't know much about MS Agents.
You say it's all free???
would you send me a mail on what i would need & where to get them.
I would like to see what they can do compared to our Haptek models.
E.Mail== see my profile.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 07:01:37 am by NIGE »

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2007, 07:39:42 am »
quote:
I would like to see what they can do compared to our Haptek models.

They don't compare to Haptek. Haptek is much better in many ways. But since I usually ignore my avatar, they suite my needs.

To make an MSAgent you have to render each frame of every animation yourself, which I understand is not true of Haptek. I use povray but then I am not making a human character.

Then you use microsoft's free editor to assemble and assign the animations to various states of your agent, which the scripts will call. There is a whole animation set for lip sync which I have not used since my character does not have lips.

You can get the agent editor here http://www.microsoft.com/msagent/downloads/developer.asp

NIGE

• View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2007, 08:23:02 am »
Thanks for your reply Bill.
From what you have just said i think i will give them a miss.
To do each frame for a song that goes for approx 2 mins would take forever.
Then there is lip-sync.
Again thanks for your in put
Neil.

Bill DeWitt

• View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2007, 08:36:55 am »
quote:
To do each frame for a song that goes for approx 2 mins would take forever.

Well, no, once you make the agent then the animations are there. To do a video, you would script it like:

GuestureRight
StepLeft
GuestureLeft
Bow
Smile
Wave

But then you would have had to make a "Wave" animation (etc) when you created the agent.

Lip sync is fairly automatic once you supply each of the lip state overlays. But once you make the agent, they are all there, and that's all there is.

But MSAgent is not the way to make a detailed video of a 3d human figure, it's not intended to be. Of course, from what I have seen, Haptek is not very good at it either. You need Poser or equivalent, a full bones IK system and some serious skills.

You may want to look at the Guile studio agents. The for-sale ones have a wide range of animations built in. Which give an idea what is possible, as well as the strict limitations of the format.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 08:44:31 am by Bill DeWitt »

lightspeed

• View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2007, 11:14:57 am »
hello nige , i think to some of the questions , i beleive freddy888 , said it best about it has to do with creativity i have saved alot of these heads and bodies i love them and from more than one creator of them , i personally like the new heads you have just created nige i like the eyes , eye lashes  and make up around them makes them look more real , and bill has hit on something i said to a friend after a while some of the heads he has made after a while look the same except hair style, etc. this as someone else has referred to has to do with actual bone and face structure of an actual model, etc. instead of just a pre made face ( so i would think in theory just spending a little more time on stretching or thinning, etc. a face would create or more matching to real person look . please don't be discouraged by anyones remarks ( as i said the faces you made still look nice to me and i hope you continue to make others . i am going to post an idea that i thought of having to do with multiple heads in a seperate topic area . hang in their nige the heads look nice , your work and time is appreciated others here are too !![:D]

daveleb55

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/daveleb55/Cybernetic_Nightmares.html
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2007, 05:59:28 pm »
Hi Bill,
I download a lot of the heads because I've made different brains. Jack made a head of Basil Rathbone for my virtual Sherlock Holmes project. I made a head of me to put on my virtual bot on the internet one of these fine days. Sometimes I'll find a head or skin that's better than the one I'm using. Now if there was a way to do the voices to match.....

quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeWitt

I see your point about having different heads in different presentations, but what I'm wondering is how often does that happen? Because I seem to be seeing 5 or 10 new heads a week. Can anyone use even a small part of the total number?

Never underestimate the power of human stupidity.

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2007, 05:25:18 pm »
I personally Feel That MS AGENTS can do a lot more than most people realise. All The animations you desire you need to create and store as animation /GIF as with the guille 3d product (reverse engineered) you will see that the contain EMOTIONAL animations.. so your only limited by the animations that you can create...

People putty are nice, But as theve started to take off, 1, theve become sloppy, charging for everything, the main program can only create heads. the acessories are hard coded (you can make the *.Haps in notepad and the *.Asscdesc files) people putty is just and extracted part of poser.. nice but you can make full bodies...

You can make the same characters in poser(my Earlest thoughts) exporting the animations as gif, avi and converting the files for use with the ms agent character editor....

as agents are freestanding i like them better, with free programs such as MASH etc (agent Ring) you could make an AI type Agent....

spydaz

• View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2007, 05:30:55 pm »
PS: I dont think that people should be advertising so many heads on the site here UNLESS URL's For the files specifically are posted...
IE: DIRECT DOWNLOAD..
as its a bit rude.

Nice to see creations, BUT. If its for US (zabaware users) it should be on this site ... NOT on another Site Begging us to go there to get it...

Advertising of websites should be kept to signature's.

all these postings with endless pictures of heads etc are really annoying (Especially as the files are not Directly linked.) a ploy to get us over to the other sites, Browsing. Abit like Agressive Begging.... Begging is ok ,,  But not with a loaded gun!

spydaz

• View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2007, 05:34:33 pm »
PS: Keep up the good work designing heads, as the possibillitys are endless.... Limmeted by imagination only...

I remember sending a couple of begging emails to get a head created, after getting the cold sholder i bought the program... only to find out that 1, you could only build heads ... and only use the sample in the program.... all that just for one head ....

i always give programs away free,,,, With the codes .... If any one needs the software,, Post me a mail... F$£"$K IT

spydaz

• View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2007, 05:36:33 pm »
PPS: NIGE ,,,, Quality MATE!

Just got all of it

Lovely

aladyblond

• View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2007, 06:06:19 pm »
when i put a head on here i try to  always tell the reader if they want it to email me and i will send it because i am not as computer savy as everyone else and i can just email them the haptar. it has worked great in the past. if that has offended anyone i am sorry. this site the only forum i know how to upload to.except for youtube  and aidreams. ~~alady
~~~if i only had a brain~~~ i dream of htr with the light brown hair....

spydaz

• View Profile
Another head or 2 or 3
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2007, 05:42:07 am »
Alady... im not adverse to it all, but its just that all these Giant Topics with nothing but pictures and links to Mad little Sites ...

Its possible Mr M. Needs to Sort out the Uploading Facility...

I have not uploaded anything for a long TIME.. As this feature doesnt seem to work anymore... I have many scripts....

With all these heads building Cool.. but we have drifted of topic. from hal Into ART..... Not always a bad thing ... Good for a break... But there seems to be no more work on HAL's REAL Problems.....

PS: Alady I had emailed asking for heads before With no responses. led me to belive that a lot of showboating was going on..lol.

After buying the people putty software you guys had led me down the garden path.... ANYONE BUYING PEOPLE PUTTY should not.. as any creating of heads can be done by Editing one of the Skinfiles in ADOBE/ any photo program...

Just pick any Haptar as a base model....

PS: with reguards to people putty All the HAPs etc can be EDITED BY NOTEPAD (just minor Scripting)... These files have to be created / edited to allow your own creations to apear inside the people putty program... Even to use your own created models as a base model in the prog... minor chages to these haps alow you. Also You CAN startup with ANY MODEL...