dupa

Author Topic: hal a.i. tablet ..sort of  (Read 18332 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal a.i. tablet ..sort of
« on: December 13, 2014, 04:54:07 pm »
     I was talking before about how it would be nice to have hal with the convenience of a light weight tablet , well this may be a way to do it . although its a tablet it has a windows 8.1 os on it .
     here is the youtube  tablet I am talking about , as far as I know hal should run on this.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLxhK79KQrI
and here is wal mart
http://www.walmart.com/ip/iView-7-Tablet-16GB-Quad-Core-Windows-8.1/40703435
  any thoughts on this , also would be nice if dragon speak natural vr will work on it to .  :)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: hal a.i. tablet ..sort of
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2014, 08:15:16 am »
Since they are Windows tablets you just might be able to install Hal on it as opposed to the Android based tablets which are not supportive of Windows based programs.

I would definitely want to try it first before buying or at least talk to someone who knows for sure if it would install and run properly.

While I've found a lot of chatbots for the Android tablets through the Google Store, I can't say what Microsoft offers through their store or how you would transfer a window based program like UltraHal.

Let us know what you find out. ;)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2014, 09:43:26 am »
Art the way to transfer hal to a windows tablet would be to copy files onto a larger sd card and plug the sd card into the tablet and install and also copy and past into correct files .  :) ;)
  as I also said I would like to have dragon speak natural on the tablet to as I have and like the program , to work with hals a.i.  :) so would have to know if it would work to since I want the combo effect .
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 09:44:59 am by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2014, 12:03:34 pm »
we was also talking about android tablets I see they have dragon speak natural microphone app, I don't know what it cost , but of course as off now hal won't work on android .  so if the windows os tablet will run hal it may be the better choice to have a lightweight portable hal a.i. with voice recognition (again if hal and dragon speak will work . ) :)

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2014, 09:01:05 am »
  I have a small Samsung android tablet that I use for remote control of a camera.  It came with Dragon in it and I was surprised at how well dragon worked in it.  The IView looks pretty good and a very nice price, seems there is a 15 day return policy.
Carl2

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2014, 10:25:44 am »
Carl2 where was the iveiw at ? wal mart? what was the price ? the tablet with windows was I think 99.00 that I was talking about  before , also is the ivew windows os ?

Carl2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2014, 08:49:18 am »
Lightspeed,
  I clicked on the second link and it brought me to Walmart, iView 7"Tablet 16G Quad core, Windows 8.1   $79,
I can say I had a heck of a time connecting to the wifi to the tablet, I originally used the unsecured mode to connect it (rather simple) but found everyone connecting to my wifi.  Years latter I found the Password the tablet needs is the encryption code put in to make the signal secured so I eliminated everyone connecting to the wifi.  Since my tablet is android (an android app is needed to connect the tablet to the camera ) there are some things it will not do that the computer will do. 
Carl2

DemonRaven

• View Profile
    • chatbotfriends
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 11:37:41 pm »
Keeping the original comment in mind i can run window based tablet programs on my desktop with windows 8.1. I don't see why it would not work in the reverse.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 07:16:16 pm »
Everyone I talk to with windows tablets have no problems with installing programs. I think reason so cheap they are trying to get into the market. I just need to break down and get a tablet maybe Friday just wish there was a "pure" Linux tablet but if I get a windows tablet ill try to install a Linux distribution on it lol.thanks for info light speed.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 07:35:06 pm »
Was just looking on amazon probably buying one Friday lol says full blown windows and cheaper than hundred buck now to get it and see if I can dual boot it lol. If I never saw your post lightspeed I wouldn't be spending money Friday lol.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 06:50:00 pm »
Well, for those wanting the best of both worlds check out this new Tablet that offers DUAL-BOOT! That's right...boot into Windows 8.1 or Android 4.4 OS.

It can handle up to 128 GB SD card, plenty of access ports and you can get an optional keyboard for around $40.00 USD.
Some have found the Tablet for $193.00 USD

Rumored to look like an iPad (although I can't imagine why it would Want to!). Might fill your bill if you're on the fence about choosing a tablet.

http://www.onda-tablet.com/onda-v919-air-dual-boot-tablet-pc-64gb.html

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 06:58:18 pm »
Art,
Is it full blown windows or rt? That makes a big difference for exe files. I couldn't tell by the description.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2015, 11:04:30 am »
Ok couldn't wait picked up my 50 dollar winbook no problems installing Hal its only a 7inch tablet hal seams to be working fine for the moment. Haven't tried speach yet but there is a built in microphone I'll let you guys know how it goes.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2015, 03:40:11 pm »
Windows speech works just need to train it. I can not complain 50 bucks and now Hal can go everywhere with me. Yay. Thanks lightspeed.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 04:14:59 pm »
Good for you Doggs! Let us know how things go, especially with the voice and maybe some plugins or whatever else you can do with it.

- Art -