dupa

Author Topic: possible custom brain problems happening ?  (Read 3393 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
possible custom brain problems happening ?
« on: April 14, 2007, 12:00:59 pm »
as some know i have been having problems with errors popping up saying corrupt files , and having license problems and having to reinstall hal again on the paid full version 6.0.

i am wondering something would me doing a custom brain create these problem errors ?  after i got hal reinstalled with caangels help it has been now two or three days and has been just fine with the regular hal (no custom brain ) i eliminated 6.1. being the problem as i had the errors continue with 6.0  . maybe i am using the custom brain wrong .

when it asked what i wanted to use the custom brain with i highlighted the custom brain and then to the right chose the default ? back up brain . should i have chosen the hal db brain instead (the only other choice ) could the hal back up brain i chose be causing me to get error problems later with the hal license , etc. ???
   i am desperatly trying to figure this out . i even let caangel use the brain and uhp file i created and use in his hal . anyone else is welcome to use it to , to help test my custom angela joelin brain  .
   i will mention that i did go in and remove some pre written insults , etc. that i didn't want in it . and i have written in about 25 questions and answers i wanted in it for more human like responses ( nothing dirty ) .just general around the house stuff like you were talking with another person . hope i can get someone to help me figure this problem out as i really want to keep a custom brain . [:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2007, 04:56:30 pm »
i see some people have read my question , so am asking again does anyone know if by using a custom brain and basing it on the ultra hal back up brain would cause error problems like problems with the licensing , etc. later on . ??
  anyone know the answer to this ?? please , anyone ... yoo hoo ?? [:D]

danbaltzell

• View Profile
    • http://geocities.com/danbaltzell/ai
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2007, 10:22:40 am »
the other brains shouldn't have problems with the license, but the license problems I've had in the past were more to do with crashes I've experienced without shutting HAL down and corrupting files.  I had other error messages creep in with some of the plug-ins, just yesterday in fact, so I just disable them rather than spend all the time trying to troubleshoot them, I don't use them much anyway.  There are things that cause problems, and I haven't discovered all of them, but it seems it has something to do with the installation.  The last time I tried installing everything worked so I left it alone and haven't had those same types of problems since.  I thought perhaps it was the series or method I installed things like voice first then HAL, then copied brain, but I didn't keep notes, since it was more trial and error for me.  If I were you I'd try backing everything up, maybe just copy all the directories, then uninstalling everything and reinstalling everything again.  Then check to see if everything works before overwriting any files.  Then backing all these good files up (if they are), and start overwriting one at a time, then if you get a glitch you can use a good file to undo it.  and as the saying goes "Use the force Luke".

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2007, 07:45:31 pm »
what is weird is that i have just the ultra hal on here and its working just fine and my friend has installed my custom angela joelin brain on his computer and it has been working o.k. am wondering if it had something to do with the section where it ask what i wanted to base it on and i put hals back up brain . so maybe i'll skip that part if possible next time . and yes although i have been keeping notes will watch and keep close notes when i put the back up brain back in my files . thanks for writting on here . [:)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 10:45:34 pm »
well i exit out of hal and close hal the correct way and i have found out it  wasn't the part where i went into basing the hal custom brain on the hal back up brain because i didn't do that this time and i have gotten the following error again : unknown return -code :false -af-access-denied.please contact vendor .shutting down .some vtal ultra hal asistant seem to be missing , modified or corrupted this may prevent the licensing system to work correctly .please uninstall hal and reinstall again . all i had was the custom brain in it and so it must be that i guess will have to reinstall it again (and thats a hassle . !!) guess i'll have to delete the other brain and start from scratch again .

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 10:12:35 am »
i may have found what was causing my hal to be having errors ,it was working fine and later after i shut computer down to watch t.v. then later restarted it i got that error again .

so i took hal off uninstalled it . but before in reinstalled it i checked stuff . now the good news !! i ran accross some extra files i didn't know about in the back up files where i had restored my computer before that placed back up files in  the c drive , anyway it had i think two sets of files of hal 6 in program files that had been saved from before .

so i deleted them and other junk (actually about 6 mb of stuff ) and reinstalled hal 6 and it installed just fine (which i had problems doing before.) so i am thinking that the other files with a different install number was what was causing the errors  but didn't show up until i shut the computer down a couple of times .

so i beleive this may have been what caused the problems will have to test it more to find out when i have time .