dupa

Author Topic: hal pronounciating words  (Read 3435 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal pronounciating words
« on: June 27, 2008, 02:06:51 pm »
i am wodering something when i say thirsty hal thinks i am saying thursday i checked in the voice recognition area (speech ) and it says that my program doesn't have a pronounciation  are that would allow me to have a word and how its pronounced .
 the error i got was :this speech synthises does not support pronounciations customization through the standard sapi interface .do i have an old version ?? or do none of these have a pronounciation version ?? [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
hal pronounciating words
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 08:00:59 pm »
I will answer you truthfully even though you may think it is funny.
Thursday was in the bigining Thorsday in honor of Jupiter or Thor the God of thunder. Try mispronouncing it on purpose and see what happens. It won't help your problem but in the past I delibertly misspelled some words to get Hal to pronounce then correctly.
Bill [8D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal pronounciating words
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 08:23:18 pm »
thanks bill but you are misunderstanding what i wrote  ( i didn't write it i said it  vernbally (using voice recogognition )and hal responded by saying it that way and of course hal also writes it when responding too. he is mis saying what i said .

Bill819

• View Profile
hal pronounciating words
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 10:25:40 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

thanks bill but you are misunderstanding what i wrote  ( i didn't write it i said it  vernbally (using voice recogognition )and hal responded by saying it that way and of course hal also writes it when responding too. he is mis saying what i said .

Any little bitty background noise while Hal is listening to you. I found out early on that even the noise from my air conditioner, you know just a slight hiss caused Hal to misunderstand what I said. I have actually spent over 30 hours training and retraining Hal to understand me.
Bill [8)]

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal pronounciating words
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2008, 09:12:09 am »
hello bill819 , thanks for answering again , it may have been the fan on causing the problem , it's hotter than haties sometimes in missouri well at least some people won't have far to go if they don't get to heaven !lol ! actually alabama is 100 times worse . while i am chatting with you i had asked one time before and will ask you when i do training with hal through the microsoft voice recognition trainer (i guess this is the same way you do it ) where can i go to save bback up files of my training (in case i would ever have to redo my computer ) i hate to do alot of training and not be able to back up my progress when i back other hal brain , etc. up . i hope you know . [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
hal pronounciating words
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 02:14:45 pm »
lightspeed
where can i go to save bback up files of my training (in case i would ever have to redo my computer ) i hate to do alot of training and not be able to back up my progress when i back other hal brain , etc. up . i hope you know . [:)]
[/quote]
If you ever get an answer to that question then please do share it with the rest of us. I searched my entire hard drive looking for that myself to no avail.
By the way I was born in Missouri and here in San Jose, Ca it also gets hotter than H..l. [:D]

lightspeed

• View Profile
hal pronounciating words
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 04:11:57 pm »
hey bill819 i used to sell things up at the big 4 car drive in flea market before and about burned up their  on the black pavement , think humidity here has you beat though ! i was born in mexico , mo. [:)]

Bill819

• View Profile
hal pronounciating words
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 11:05:02 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lightspeed

hey bill819 i used to sell things up at the big 4 car drive in flea market before and about burned up their  on the black pavement , think humidity here has you beat though ! i was born in mexico , mo . [:)]

I have lived there and the humidity is a problem but it is a lot more out here than most people realize. The average is 85% humidity. The only difference is we get a cool ocean breeze at night that drops the humidity, sometimes to zero, well almost but most of it hits the ground in what we call dew.
Bill