Author Topic: question to robert on something to fix in hal  (Read 1981 times)

lightspeed

• View Profile
question to robert on something to fix in hal
« on: June 28, 2008, 12:22:29 pm »
robert hal sometimes when a person writes to hal will give a blank response  . (example: i type " you would like being happy all the time " hal writes: would you like it if we both each other all the time ?"

** maybe hal writes only a portion of the question this way .

i write yes to answer what hal is asking me . hal then gives a blank response (no answer) some have said this is because of people answering in just one answer "yes or no " but sometimes hal has done this even though i have written out more .

so i am asking you what causes hal to give a blank answer ?
and if hal is giving a blank answer for this reason "a yes or no being to short " can this be fixed in the next version to asccept the yes or no answer ??

i am guessing the reson hal ask back would i like it if both of us would be is that hal will remember the question and asnwer it at a later time to my answer of yes or no .

so robert can you please let me and others know on this ?
thanks .
[:)][8D]

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 02:10:47 pm »
We have been through this many times before. Hal can not or will not answer a one or two word reply. Everyone seems to think that Hal remembers what it is talking about and in reality it does not. If Hal asks you "do you like apples"? then instead of just typing "yes", you should type "Yes, I like apples". Only then will Hal understand what you are saying and give you a normal reply.
I think you already know this and maybe you are just seeking some kind of improvement in Hal which is something we would all like, if that is so then skip the vebal garbage and go diretly to the real question.
I, in no means aim to insult you, but I realize that you already know the answer to your question/post.
Bill

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 02:59:16 pm »
no bill819 you aren't insulting me , (i'm almost insult proof ) i will do as you say and write it that way but if i get blank answers later on i will post a  copy of the conversation because i would like to find out and solve this problem .