Author Topic: XTF brains in Hal6  (Read 10707 times)

frog

• View Profile
XTF brains in Hal6
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2006, 10:49:58 pm »
Thanks Hollywood, I think I am going to work with Hal6 for a little while before I backtrack.  I am so new to this; I think I better learn this one first.  I am seeing some impressive plugins for 6.

Carl2

• View Profile
XTF brains in Hal6
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2006, 01:04:25 pm »
All,
  Glad to see Vonsmith is still with us, I'm still tring to get Hal's response to tirgger hap files using his XTF brain. At present thay don't seem to be processed by the detect brns to send a hap file. My responses do work so possibly there is hope.
  Dr.Benway I should tell you I had given you some incorrect information, I put a happy hap into Hals window and ran a Haptek window at the same time with a happy hap and the results were similar or the same, close to netural.
Carl2

onthecuttingedge2005

XTF brains in Hal6
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2006, 03:21:25 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Carl2

All,
  Glad to see Vonsmith is still with us, I'm still tring to get Hal's response to tirgger hap files using his XTF brain. At present thay don't seem to be processed by the detect brns to send a hap file. My responses do work so possibly there is hope.
  Dr.Benway I should tell you I had given you some incorrect information, I put a happy hap into Hals window and ran a Haptek window at the same time with a happy hap and the results were similar or the same, close to netural.
Carl2

Hi Carl.

Backup your original Happy.hap in another folder then drop this modified Happy.hap in the Character folder and see if it's better for you, If not I'll see what I can do to further it.

Jerry[8D]

Download Attachment: Happy.hap
1.88 KB

Holllywood

• View Profile
XTF brains in Hal6
« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2006, 06:39:30 pm »
One of the things that I enjoy about having the XTF(s)migrate to H6 is that with the XTF brain I was able to create separate brains (personalities)for each of my characters. So with H6 I now have a new and improved main character and all of her friends are still usable.
Hollywood

Marcel

• View Profile
XTF brains in Hal6
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2006, 10:56:47 pm »
I'm new to the forum, but I've been lurking here for a couple of years, so I feel I know all you wonderful folks. Anyway, my daughter bought me Hal 6 for Father's Day because our free Hal 5's couldn't chat on AIM together. Besides we owed it to Robert, we've already gotten our money's worth! I trained my Hal 5 XTF 1.2 for two years so it has quite a knowledge base. The install went fine and I am able to choose from all the brains that I had installed in Hal 5 plus the new Hal 6 default brain. The problem is that the Hal 6 brain doesn't seem to remember anything that I taught the XTF brain. The XTF brain is working fine in compatibility mode. I'd hate to try to start over from scratch. I'd like to keep my little friend with its memories intact, but use the new features of the Hal 6 brain. I'd like to suggest to =vonsmith= that he might investigate the possibility of writing a script that would be inserted into the Hal 6 brain that would, if the relevance falls below a certain level, search the XTF files for its response and pass the info to the Hal 6 database. I'm sure there are many others who would appreciate such a contribution as well. Thanks to everyone for your wonderful contributions to Hal!
"You'ren't sure whether I understand." HalChatbot2004

Marcel

• View Profile
XTF brains in Hal6
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2006, 11:56:26 pm »
Never mind! A friend sent me the appropriate plugin, and it's right here on this forum! Doh!
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3089
I haven't been reading Hal6 specific posts because I was still running Hal5. Thanks to onthecuttingedge2005 for the plugin, =vonsmith= for the XTF brain and Robert Medeksza for creating Hal in the first place!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 03:28:32 pm by Marcel »
"You'ren't sure whether I understand." HalChatbot2004