dupa

Author Topic: Mr. Medeksza  (Read 3183 times)

Solvostond

• View Profile
Mr. Medeksza
« on: September 08, 2003, 01:33:55 pm »
I'm unable to download the zip file (Its too big, I have a dial-up modem).  I purchased hal 4.5 about 3 months ago.  Is there an alternate way I can get 5.0?

The Tinman

• View Profile
Mr. Medeksza
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2003, 05:54:47 pm »
Do you have a download manager? Search for GET Right or Gozilla. Either one of these utilities will allow you to pause and resume your large download as many times as you need to until you have the entire file.

TM

wschuler

• View Profile
Mr. Medeksza
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2003, 10:28:39 pm »
Solvostond,

For a few dollars (depending on your location) I'll burn it to cd and ship it.  I know the trauma of having dialup.  I have some friends that download stuff for me all the time.  I live in an area where the cable and telephone company say they will NEVER run cable or DSL.  Guess I should ahve looked into that before I bought the house.... bummer  :(

Email me at: amigo000@yahoo.com

Bill

Morkeleb

• View Profile
Mr. Medeksza
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 11:56:42 pm »
Try Metaproducts Mass Downloader, it a 30 trial based program but it can speed of d/l by several times even on Dial Up. That is what I have and I am lucky to get 24.0 kbs, even though I have a 56K modem. it opens several threads to the site and d/l faster then normal, it allows pauseing as well and resumeing at a later date and time, I took me about 17 hours to d/l the zip file with a few pauses inbetween as well.You can also d/l several things at once with one program from sevearl different sites at the same time. Hope this helps[:D]
Ask and you shall learn
Be not afraid to try new things.
----------------------
Check out www.cold-chaos.net