dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal 7 Beta Test - Please download and test!  (Read 37845 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Re: Ultra Hal 7 Beta Test - Please download and test!
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2017, 04:09:46 pm »
Here is my 'debuglog.txt' Robert...

Thanks. I got it and deleted it off the forum as it cointains your email and serial #
Robert Medeksza

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2017, 04:11:25 pm »
Ok cool and Thanks!!!!
When it comes to Artificial Intelligence: The Soul is in the Software.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2017, 04:20:50 pm »
Okay here is my update and what all i did . i uninstalled hal 7 again. then went into the app roaming file and deleted the left over hal 7 file i did the same in the zabaware  hal 7 program file . then i took the hal 6.2 program file and placed it in the roaming file are and made sure it has the character file in it. it did. then i restarted the computer this time though i did get a new error i never had before .  see picture below .
although it said no sound card or something the female voice for hal played.
after i had the computer restarted i exited hal 7 and then installed the hal 7 expansion pack again with serial number .
 once installed again i restarted the pc again , same sound card hal error came up . i went to hal opened it and my brain had not migrated even though it was in the hal 6 folder in the app roam etc. folder  . my characters were showing up inj the list menu in hal 7 but again when i picked it and could see the image in the preview window  aqnd hit apply hal would close and then when i reopened it . the same problem again . back to the computer default  image .  :( :(
Robert i am going to dend you the e mail of the debug file again . but this is what i have done and it is still doing the same thing and not migrating the brain or my characters , as a matter of a fact when i went back and checked the hal 7 file in the app roaming etc. file the character file is empty with nothing in it at all , not even hal 7 characters .

Okay i tried one more thing i copied the above custom haptek character and the jpg in the app roaming etc. hal 7 file and it still won't load so i think i am right for whatever reason its to do with the expansion pack 7 not recognizing my serial number even though it accepted it and loaded and installed okay. that's why my characters won't load .
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:16:21 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2017, 04:49:11 pm »
Robert in all this problems i am having about the characters one thing i have noticed is that in my program files hal 7 it has all the hal 7 character items in it , but in the app roam etc. hal 7 folder file it only has a empty character file , nothing is in it . should it have all the same things as the hal 7 character program file ?? is this why it isn't working right? ( that my characters aren't migrating into hal 7 from the 6 file ?
        about the script error above i am wondering if that may have happened because hal loaded faster then some of the other things on my pc? the sound card etc? just guessing , or maybe it will show that to in the debug file i sent you .
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 04:52:59 pm by lightspeed »

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2017, 05:01:57 pm »
another observation , i tried this . i went into the hal 7 program file and it did indeed merge my custom haptek characters (people putty ) in the file ( as i said they show in the list and preview window but simply will not load . )
i dragged one of my characters into the small haptek console and it loaded that way (but did flip the original back ground upside down , but when i went to another back ground it loaded correctly . )
so anyway , it is a problem with loading hal for some reason . dragging the character works of course who wants to have to open the program files and do that each time .  :(
here is a pic of character showing after dragged into console area.

Okay "THIS MUST BE THE PROBLEM ROBERT " after i dragged my character into hal like i mentioned above , i typed to it and it said "please purchase the expansion character pack "  and my character disappeared and the default pc character came on . so their is a glitch or something with the hal 7 expansion pack . i put the password and it installed but for some reason it isn't recognizing it or something .  please check into this .
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:18:31 pm by lightspeed »

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2017, 08:15:50 pm »
Robert I tried Pinging Zabaware.com and Ultrahal.com and I get timed out... I can ping other addresses just fine...  Could that have anything to do with my Cloud problem???

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2017, 08:20:46 pm »
ANOTHER UPDATE : Art ask me to check the other original character in the hal 7 . here is the results when i changed the defualt hal pc image to geni then reopened hal the hal window was just grey looking  no image .
     i then picked erica and applied it hal closed and erica wouldn't show , the hal pc image came back on . the hal audio wave worked .
. hal mobile image works okay .  when i tried the hal no character  it showed a grey outline of a large frog with the word across top saying zabaware . if i put my mouse over the box showing this up to the left top it has a little box one says "load" the other says "info".  i tried the hal james character hit apply and okay , hal went off and i click hal to open from the system tray and it defaults back to the hal pc character again.
    i also tried the hal jessica character and it defaulted back to hals pc image . i tried hals margene character , same thing . defaults back to pc image . hals mike character did the same thing . mary character did the same thing , merlin character wouldn't show up was only get in the window . the word size with down arrow showed up in upper left corner.

ROBERT *****I am going to send you another debug text file by e mail ( will be labeled in header as debug 2  and todays date . ) since i was checking so many hal characters and some didn't show or even load right instead went back to default hal pc image .

« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 08:30:59 pm by lightspeed »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2017, 08:44:47 pm »
ANOTHER UPDATE : Art ask me to check the other original character in the hal 7 . here is the results when i changed the defualt hal pc image to geni then reopened hal the hal window was just grey looking  no image .
     i then picked erica and applied it hal closed and erica wouldn't show , the hal pc image came back on . the hal audio wave worked .
. hal mobile image works okay .  when i tried the hal no character  it showed a grey outline of a large frog with the word across top saying zabaware . if i put my mouse over the box showing this up to the left top it has a little box one says "load" the other says "info".  i tried the hal james character hit apply and okay , hal went off and i click hal to open from the system tray and it defaults back to the hal pc character again.
    i also tried the hal jessica character and it defaulted back to hals pc image . i tried hals margene character , same thing . defaults back to pc image . hals mike character did the same thing . mary character did the same thing , merlin character wouldn't show up was only get in the window . the word size with down arrow showed up in upper left corner.

ROBERT *****I am going to send you another debug text file by e mail ( will be labeled in header as debug 2  and todays date . ) since i was checking so many hal characters and some didn't show or even load right instead went back to default hal pc image .

Thanks for the debuglog.txt file. I think I have everything figured out. It looks like I built in a limit way back in Hal 5.0 (circa 2002?) of a maximum of 256 Haptek characters. I had to pick some number, and in a way not to waste RAM. Back then I thought this was a big enough number no one would ever reach. It seems you have reached it. Congratulations! ;)

I have doubled the limit to 512 characters. I think this will fix your issues. Do you want me to send you the updated executable to test? Alternatively, could you zip up the contents of your characters folder and send it to me? There might be some other areas of code I haven't thought to check that could be hitting some limits. It may save us some back-and-forth fixes and bug reports if I can replicate the same environment you have on my development PC.
Robert Medeksza

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2017, 08:48:24 pm »
Another note : i am signed in and with my password , i also just now unchecked all the plug ins i have and regular ones to . but it didn't make a difference  with characters loading .  i also changed it from my custom brain to the 6 brain to 7  and it didn't help , also used the hal 7 brain , it also didn't make a difference , but just tried this stuff anyway.  :(

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2017, 08:54:23 pm »
I will zip up the contents of my  characters folder and send it to you , i'll have to see if winzip compresses it small enough  to send it . i'll try to send it tonight then i'm quiting for today on hal , my mind is about shot been working on this problem on and off all day .

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 09, 2017, 09:02:16 pm »
I will zip up the contents of my  characters folder and send it to you , i'll have to see if winzip compresses it small enough  to send it . i'll try to send it tonight then i'm quiting for today on hal , my mind is about shot been working on this problem on and off all day .

Thank you! Yeah, reading your debuglog.txt file I see it is loading characters alphabetically and stopping on character 257, which is "shannonponytail.htr". It quits reading more character after this, so it never reaches the zabaware frog character "zaba.htr". A character expansion pack routine checks the integrity of all 8 expansion pack characters plus the basic Hal and Zaba characters. Since it never reads in Zaba because of the hard 256 limit, it fails.

So I'm pretty sure by increasing the limit to 512 it will solve all the issues you are having (although it might require another clean reinstall unfortunately). But yeah, I'd definitely like to test on my end to make sure rather than wasting more of your time. Thanks for all your help testing again.

Robert Medeksza

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #41 on: December 09, 2017, 09:06:40 pm »
Also allow HAL's Cloud service through the firewall, I had to.

Jerry 8)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2017, 09:17:02 pm »

Jerry 8)

What firewall software are you using? Just Windows built in firewall or some third party one?

Hal just uses outgoing connections and the default Windows rules allow outgoing I believe. So I'm guessing either you have a third party firewall or have changed the default firewall to be more locked down?
Robert Medeksza

LiFeTimeGamer

• View Profile
    • LifeTimeGamer
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2017, 09:18:37 pm »
Only using the Windows XP Firewall...  I only see a choice for HAL7.exe and the braineditor.exe in the exemptions list...

Haven't changed anything, I have games that work and are in the exemptions list along with a couple of other programs and they work fine...
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 09:24:31 pm by LiFeTimeGamer »

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2017, 09:22:57 pm »

Jerry 8)

What firewall software are you using? Just Windows built in firewall or some third party one?

Hal just uses outgoing connections and the default Windows rules allow outgoing I believe. So I'm guessing either you have a third party firewall or have changed the default firewall to be more locked down?

Hi Rob.

I use "TrustPort" Multi-Security premium paid version, It's very heavy.

I just let HAL though after firewall nagged about it, everything is good now.

Jerry