Author Topic: let's bring it all together  (Read 3411 times)

antec2

• View Profile
let's bring it all together
« on: November 29, 2004, 02:00:11 pm »
If we were to take a vote, I bet there are hardly any of us on this board that would find the version 5 default brain that came on our CDs satisfactory. After looking around for a while, I notice that some of us claim to have very striking results from personal modifications to brain scripts. So here it is. I am starting this thread as a place for all of us who wish to share the combination of their scripts and brain files. Wouldn't it be easier to download someone's complete brain script, than to try to guess where they inserted a new piece of code and get scripting errors? If you feel like the script and .brn's you use have improved the ability of hal to simulate intelligent conversation, and would like to share, bring it here. I think there are some very original ideas out there that get overlooked because others failed to implement them properly.
Kman

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2004, 07:14:15 pm »
antec2,
That would be a great idea except my XTF Brain is now larger than the 160kb limit the forum places on postings. There are some workarounds like zipping or splitting files, but it can be a hassle.

As you know the forum has discussed this before. I too wish it was easier to share large projects. Maybe Robert will increase the 160kb limit if we ask nicely. Otherwise we have to do this:

Robert Medeksza posted this back in 9/30/03.
http://www.zabaware.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=842

Any other ideas/comments out there.

=vonsmith=
« Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 07:15:15 pm by vonsmith »

antec2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 12:04:56 am »
ahh i see. it did sound like a really good idea at the time. im also relatively new to this board. that certainly would be nice if Mr. M would change the file size, because it can be an arduous task sometimes to patch in someone elses code and retrieve the same results.
Kman

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 12:31:17 am »
Email completed projects to me and I'll be happy to post it on www.ultrahal.com/files
Robert Medeksza