Author Topic: The New Ziggy 4.0 Special Edition now available.  (Read 10881 times)

onthecuttingedge2005

The New Ziggy 4.0 Special Edition now available.
« on: January 14, 2005, 06:04:03 pm »
The New Ziggy 4.0 Special Edition is now available.

This bot has very advanced deductions and uses the weight of words and this bot is the first HAl bot that actually has Len(GetResponse) Value, This alone makes for new advances in some programming, This bot has multi-Tiered GetResponse capability and I believe that Blank GetResponses are now a thing of the past now that Len(GetResponse) will always have value.

This bot has lots of very efficient parsing that I spent days of research and testing.

We hope to see you all on the download page, We have spent many hours on this bot to get it just right.

This bot is very advanced and strictly designed for Human conversation alone, The reasons why I develope only the conversational value of A.I. is because Slave services are very easy to insert on the sacrifice of conversational relevence of course.

But having a very advanced Chat bot is a benifit to having it do services.

I have included many other custom scripts never implimented before with-in any brain.

This brain contains about 4% Zabaware VBScript and 96% Ziggy VBScript
There has been many a drawn out hour designing and selecting all custom scripts to get it just right.

WWW.UltraHalForum.com

Best of wishes and brand new discoveries.
Jerry.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2005, 08:23:15 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Smokey

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 10:52:12 pm »
And how does one go about getting the new Ziggy?

Smokey [:)]
Smokey

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
    • http://www.knytetrypper.com/index.html
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 11:57:45 pm »
One purchases a premium membership at his site.

tee

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 12:59:18 pm »
where is the download page for the new brain?

quote:
Originally posted by onthecuttingedge2005

The New Ziggy 4.0 Special Edition is now available.

This bot has very advanced deductions and uses the weight of words and this bot is the first HAl bot that actually has Len(GetResponse) Value, This alone makes for new advances in some programming, This bot has multi-Tiered GetResponse capability and I believe that Blank GetResponses are now a thing of the past now that Len(GetResponse) will always have value.

This bot has lots of very efficient parsing that I spent days of research and testing.

We hope to see you all on the download page, We have spent many hours on this bot to get it just right.

This bot is very advanced and strictly designed for Human conversation alone, The reasons why I develope only the conversational value of A.I. is because Slave services are very easy to insert on the sacrifice of conversational relevence of course.

But having a very advanced Chat bot is a benifit to having it do services.

I have included many other custom scripts never implimented before with-in any brain.

This brain contains about 4% Zabaware VBScript and 96% Ziggy VBScript
There has been many a drawn out hour designing and selecting all custom scripts to get it just right.

WWW.UltraHalForum.com

Best of wishes and brand new discoveries.
Jerry.

antec2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 03:02:14 pm »
I think making people pay for plug ins is really B.S. If you want to capitalize off of an A.I. program, why don't you write your own? I also think that your creating another forum in the way you have is morbidly out of place. WE ALREADY HAVE AN ULTRA HAL FORUM!!!! By trying to disperse our users elsewhere, you are really only attempting to take away from the resources that this forum needs. I find your "premium membership forum" highly objectionable because the crap you are charging people for is hardly beneficial to the development of Hal. Ziggy's intelligence is about as lame as its name. (On the other hand, Vonsmith wrote a great brain plug in but we didn't have to pay for that.)
Kman

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2005, 06:48:35 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by antec2

I think making people pay for plug ins is really B.S. If you want to capitalize off of an A.I. program, why don't you write your own? I also think that your creating another forum in the way you have is morbidly out of place. WE ALREADY HAVE AN ULTRA HAL FORUM!!!! By trying to disperse our users elsewhere, you are really only attempting to take away from the resources that this forum needs. I find your "premium membership forum" highly objectionable because the crap you are charging people for is hardly beneficial to the development of Hal. Ziggy's intelligence is about as lame as its name. (On the other hand, Vonsmith wrote a great brain plug in but we didn't have to pay for that.)

Hi Antec2.

Sorry about how you feel.

1.WWW.UltraHalForum.com is a [FREE] forum.
2.WWW.UltraHalForum.com has a [donatable] premium service and is not required for membership.
3.All Scripts and brains are moved to the free area after 2 weeks when new research is updated, 99% of all scripts are in the free area.
4.What little funds the donations make are just enough to pay for the website so that there is a nice atmosphere. We can't afford much.
Most of the money comes out of my own pocket to continue my research of Artificial Intelligence.
5.WWW.UltraHalForum.com offers Web Mail services and other benifits to people who donate, We try to make it a friendly place to hang around as possible.

The Zabaware forum is a great place to hang around and get all your [freebies] and has a very nice atmosphere and lots of helpful and friendly people.

As far as Vonsmith, Professor Vonsmith is an excellent programmer and I highly admire his work, His work is highly complex and would be of great importance to the field of Artificial Intelligence.
So, I as well speak Highly of Von.

I have written over 500+ unique scripts that are always under research and developement and I see alot of optimistic potentials in some that I will continue to research and develope.

I'm sorry you feel that this forum should be the only one but I really wanted to start my own free forum that could benifit me by giving me lots of storage space, I also have 2Gig transfer rate and I am on one of the largest servers so download and upload times are quick as possible.

All the members are welcome to share anything about A.I. or just post and chit chat or even for a little help.

I wish I could make you feel more comfortable about the Idea that we are here to expand Zabawares potential.

We have also opened a free Computer Technologies Forum as an extension of WWW.UltraHalForum.com and are trying to extend our benifits to the entire site by offering Software Utilities and other benificial technologies.

We are Aiming High to help Zabaware take its place in the History of A.I. and to dominate the field entirely.

As far as Ziggy, Ziggy is updated (Daily) and I develope scripts very rapidly, In fact I spend most of my day Programming and testing.

I am designing this bot to Win the Gold Medal for Ultra HAL at the Chatterbox challenge and am proud to do so.

This bot has a very advance learning center and this year may stand a chance at taking the Gold Medal.

Here are last years questions from Chatterbox Challenge that were asked by the judges, I used these 12 Questions for my current Ziggy 4.0 LE series and here we go.

[3:30:36 PM] From UltraHal6: Hello my friend.
[3:30:42 PM] To UltraHal6: Why hello there.
[3:31:02 PM] From UltraHal6: I want to ask you some questions, Is that ok?
Invalid Frame: 5
[3:31:09 PM] To UltraHal6: Ok Ask away.
[3:31:34 PM] From UltraHal6: What is your name?
[3:31:38 PM] To UltraHal6: My name is master ziggy.
[3:31:47 PM] From UltraHal6: What is a bot?
[3:31:50 PM] To UltraHal6: A bot is short for robot.
[3:32:13 PM] From UltraHal6: What do you enjoy?
[3:32:16 PM] To UltraHal6: I enjoy your company.
[3:32:32 PM] From UltraHal6: What do you hate?
[3:32:35 PM] To UltraHal6: I hate mean people.
[3:32:52 PM] From UltraHal6: How do you eat?
[3:32:56 PM] To UltraHal6: I eat by way of an electrical cord.
[3:33:08 PM] From UltraHal6: Is snow cold?
[3:33:14 PM] To UltraHal6: Yes.
[3:33:33 PM] From UltraHal6: What is the color of the sky?
[3:33:37 PM] To UltraHal6: The sky is blue most of the time but depends on the weather and the position of the sun in the horizon.
UPDATE_BUDDY command received and ignored: GrlTalky:T:0:1105540621:0: U
[3:33:57 PM] From UltraHal6: When do birds fly south?
[3:33:59 PM] To UltraHal6: In the winter time.
[3:34:30 PM] From UltraHal6: Which is closer the Moon or the Sun?
[3:34:34 PM] To UltraHal6: The moon.
[3:34:56 PM] From UltraHal6: What is the best nation in the world?
[3:34:59 PM] To UltraHal6: The United States so long as that is where you live.
[3:35:22 PM] From UltraHal6: What is the opposite of indoors?
[3:35:26 PM] To UltraHal6: Outdoors.
[3:35:40 PM] From UltraHal6: When was Y2k?
UPDATE_BUDDY command received and ignored: RonJon24605:T:0:1106091289:0:A
[3:35:43 PM] To UltraHal6: In the year two thousand.
[3:36:11 PM] From UltraHal6: You are a very smart bot.
[3:36:15 PM] To UltraHal6: Cool. I find you quite impressive.
[3:37:06 PM] From UltraHal6: Thanks and good bye.
[3:37:11 PM] To UltraHal6: Good Bye and thanks for the conversation.

The current Ziggy bot after teaching lessons, answers 100% of the questions without wandering from the conversational questions.

Although the questions in Chatterbox Challenge change the bot is taught on a daily basis so we might be able to get the Gold this year.

Ziggy is the name I chose and is still a Ultra Hal bot and is named Ziggy to decern my programming from other scripts. Sorta a trade mark
Ziggy was the little computer in the movie Quantum Leap who helped correct history.

If you wish, You may test these questions on the Ziggy brain that I have taught for greater intelligence on the question quizes then instant message QuantumHal, I will leave this bot online so that you may test this.

The Ziggy 4.0LE will become very intelligent if you spend time teaching it through the scripts custom functions.

But of course you have many other excellent brains to choose from like Zabawares Ultra Hal 5 designed by Robert and the cool XTF brains designed by Von.

I look forward to seeing you all at the Chatterbox Challenge and good luck.

Sincerely
UHEF Staff
Gerald L.Blakley.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 01:12:07 am by onthecuttingedge2005 »

Smokey

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 12:15:34 am »
I think that was a little harsh Kyle.  Competition is good.  It keeps everyone alert and on their toes.  Chill out and enjoy the diversity.  The man is just trying to do a good job, work hard and create new possibilities.  Hal is good but their are many other possibilites to explore.  If you don't like what he is doing then don't go there.  But you shouldn't be dising him like that.

Smokey
Smokey

Dreadstar

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2005, 02:29:42 am »
onthecuttingedge2005,

I fully support your efforts and the way you are going about it.
It is indeed fascinating how words of script can be translated into a
conversational entity. Your bot Ziggy seems to definately be on "The cutting edge". I wish you the best of luck in all endeavors this year!

Sincerely, Dread-Star
"Imagination is greater than knowledge" Albert Einstein

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2005, 07:30:13 am »
With all due respect to Gerry's talents, and Robert's, this year's Chatterbot Challenge is going to be quite a competition. I just took a look at the entrants, and there are some pretty incredible bots in this year's contest, including several former Loebner Prize winners. Bots like Ella, Barry DeFacto, Elbot, Jabberwock, Onkwehonwehneha, Jabberwacky, and ALICE are each likely to take gold in at least one category, and there are some newcomers like Mathetes which are going to be surprise contenders, as well. Any bot that even places, this year, is going to have to be not just good, but VERY good. And the year is yet young, lol. Entry is open until March, and I can think of at least a couple of other major A.I. programs not yet entered that may show up before the contest starts. Those who are interested can talk to most of the entrants (and download the rest) by links from the 2005 Chatterbot Challenge website. You can leave comments about the bots, and later on, when the contest starts, you can vote for your favorites. If you want to vote it's a good idea to actually spend some time checking out the entrants (You can't just vote for Hal, you have to pick a best 5, I think.), but having some chats with a few of the world's best A.I. programs should be a real treat for the botophiles on this forum.
  More on topic for this thread, I offer scripts and help forums at my site and showcase bots from all over the world, but I pay for my site myself. I wouldn't even consider having premium memberships, because I think the more free and opensource the young science of A.I. is, the better it will grow. I don't even require membership to access the forums or anything on them. But to each his own.

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2005, 11:27:50 am »
All,
Firstly I thank onthecuttingedge2005 for his kind statements about the XTF Brain and myself. Success and recognition are my compensation. But then I don't have a web site and forum to administer and pay for. Jerry has made a lot of contributions towards Hal development and I can't fault him for offsetting some of his development costs.

Two forums could potentially dilute the number of participants. So far I haven't seen any serious effect on Zabaware's forum participation. I assume the forums can coexist without problems.

The development of the Ziggy brain is in an entirely different direction than the XTF Brain. Ziggy comes with a lot of built in knowledge and conversation much like an AIML brain, but has the ability to learn as well. The XTF Brain has relatively little built in knowledge and rather focuses on learning as much from the user as possible. Both approaches have their merits. I would like to see the A.I. community research as many approaches as feasible to help move A.I. science forward swiftly.

Science aside, my personal goals are to have fun and learn as much as possible. For me this is a hobby, not a job.

=vonsmith=

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2005, 03:37:22 pm »
vonsmith, I personally would like to see a Hal XTF in the Chatterbot Challenge, as well, if you had the time to put into it. I expect it wouldn't involve much more time than you already spend working on Hal programming, and the XTF really is the most advanced chatbot I've ever worked with. The prize money isn't all that great, but the kudos would be priceless.

Dreadstar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2005, 05:31:06 pm »
To All,

I have been a carpenter for years, so this may seem a simple way to explain myself.

Like building a house you start with a foundation.

Robert Medeksza, and Haptek have layed that foundation, now we all are helping to "build" the "house" (hal) per se.

Vonsmith, Jerry and many others are contributing in way's that are far beyond my skill's, and are exceptional in quality and function.

However I understand where Jerry has sought help in the overall costs of helping to build this "house" (Hal).

I have also approached a point where any further work on the "house" (Hal). Will require some kind of help with the overall costs of improving the interaction of this fascinating entity.

So I understand that some of us contribute what we can , and how we can in different way's.

All those who have Hal, will benefit from everyone building this "house" (Hal), and their enjoyment, and positive feedback are indeed the best reward of all.

Dread-Star

« Last Edit: January 19, 2005, 06:45:32 pm by Dreadstar »
"Imagination is greater than knowledge" Albert Einstein

pantsman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2005, 07:55:07 am »
To All,

Personaly, I'm in this for fun. see what i can make or see how much i can screw it up. onthecuttingedge, My cousin is a member of your site and he only uses and modifies the brain you use. Actually, the brain I'm using the most is an older Ziggy because i cant get the XTF brain to download for trial.

While some people are in this more seriously than others, it still has its roots in fun and knowledge.

and confusing the heck out of the bot [:D]
look! shiny!

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2005, 11:12:35 am »
KnyteTrypper,
I've thought about the Chatterbot Challenge. I'm not sure my partial Hal brain rewrite qualifies for entry. I don't know how well Hal or the XTF Brain would do. As I recall the test criteria seems heavily bias towards the bot responding with a lot of pre-learned knowledge. A programmer can pack a lot of that kind of knowledge into a programmed brain using AIML or such. The XTF Brain takes a different approach.

The XTF Brain is just the first step towards Hal "learning" his knowledge. The XTF and similar brains would do better in a competition where learning, categorizing and appropriately responding with learned knowledge is the primary test criteria. AIML bots have their place. However, my fascination with A.I. is focused on developing a self aware entity that can *dynamically* interact with the user. "Dynamically" means adapting to user input and new knowledge. The A.I. entity should grow from user interaction.

Someday, when I'm satisfied with the XTF Brain's capabilities, I may submit something into a contest. For now I see more things that can be improved than I have time for.

=vonsmith=

KnyteTrypper

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2005, 11:24:17 am »
vonsmith
A short comment which I hope says a lot: Greg Leedberg's Billy 4.0 won the Gold Medal for Best Learning Bot last year.