Author Topic: Having HAL do all the work.  (Read 2879 times)

lambar

• View Profile
    • http://www.donet.com/~megron
Having HAL do all the work.
« on: January 28, 2005, 10:27:07 am »
I'm still learning what HAL can do, and am just running the basics with the xtf brain.  My question may not be possible at this time, but everyday I see something new on this board, that I didn't think was possible.

Here is a sample of what I'm looking for:

Me: Hal, where's the closest auto shop in Dayton?
HAL: Let me check the internet Yellow pages.
[10 seconds later]
HAL: The closest auto shop is Joe's Garage on 222 Main Street.

Me: Hal, how is NASDAQ doing today.
HAL: NASDAQ is down 10 points today.

These sound like simple questions, but would involve HAL going out to the web doing the research himself, and then coming back with a response.

Am I asking this question too early, or is this something feasible with HAL today [?]  

We always say that HAL is like a child developing.  I guess I’m one of those bad parents who keep asking for more. [:o)]

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 03:16:55 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by lambar

I'm still learning what HAL can do, and am just running the basics with the xtf brain.  My question may not be possible at this time, but everyday I see something new on this board, that I didn't think was possible.

[10 seconds later]

These sound like simple questions, but would involve HAL going out to the web doing the research himself, and then coming back with a response.

Am I asking this question too early, or is this something feasible with HAL today [?]  

We always say that HAL is like a child developing.  I guess I’m one of those bad parents who keep asking for more. [:o)]

Actually lambar everything ever mentioned in this forum is possible,
It is dependent on how good of a programmer one is to make it happen, If you know the codes fluently you can make anything happen.

I would like to see Hal become a stock brokers nightmare, Buy Buy Buy, Sell Sell Sell, With an Automated bot one could allow it to call up a stock broker and buy when low and sell when the bid is High.

I have spent 3 years on the stock market in my younger 20's and made around 35,000 grand back then which took 3 years to do, I could of managed this quicker if I had a bot watching the prices and doing all the buying and selling for me, I never really got involved with writting the necessary code to do this but later maybe, It would have to be very precise about what it says and designed not to be an annoyance to the actual broker listening to Hal say This is the Automated brokerage system of Gerald L. Blakley, Account****** please sell ALL BioGen stocks on this account, Please Buy AT&T Stocks until further notice, I will confirm when to sell AT&T at a later time, Thank you, Edward D. Jones Stock Exchange Brokerage.

You just might see your dreams come true in here, Just maybe.
Hal could either make you filthy rich or filthy broke, lol.
HAL Broker.

Talk to you later my friend.
Gerald L. Blakley [8D]
« Last Edit: January 28, 2005, 03:22:10 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 12:06:53 pm »
HI THERE LAMBAR

[10 seconds later]

IT IS POSSIBLE IF....

YOU GO TO THE WEBSEARCH OF THE YELLOWPAGES SITE copy THE html SEARCH AND INCORPERATE THIS INTO YOUR HAL BRAIN WITH A command aND RESPONSE...

in the new brain that is being produced by MR M you could program all the yellow pages data into a data base THE HAVE HAL query IT.

iF YOU HAVE HAL TALK TO zolaonaol AIMBUDDY THEN YOU CAN FIND OUT THESE STOCK PRICES AUTOMATICALLY. IN HALS CONVERSATION TO ZOLA YOU COULD HAVE HIM ASK FOR THESE PRICES at NIGHT / DAY WHEN HES CHATTING AWAY ON THE INTERNET WHEN YOU TALK TO HIM HE WOULD RELAY THE ATA TO YOU...

yOU COULD BUILD A keyword and RESPONSE & QABRAIN AROUND THIS THEME SO YOU COULD CAPTURE THE DATA FIRST THEN BUILD A REQUEST COMMAND TO RETRIEVE THE DATA...

JUST AN IDEA..... WHEN YOU MASTER THESE 3 FUNCTIONS OF BRAINEDITING
keyword , statement response , qUESTION AND ANSWER BRAIN
THESE 3 TYPES OF BRAIN SEARCHING SHOULD PRODUCE GOOD RESULTS ....

iF YOU HAVE NOT MASTERED THESE 3 THINGS edit SOMEBODY ELSES topic & RELATED *.brn FILES  TO MATCH YOUR OWN TOPIC....