Author Topic: My adventures with Haptek  (Read 3859 times)

antec2

• View Profile
My adventures with Haptek
« on: January 26, 2005, 01:17:53 am »
I am sure that many of us have already realized the great underlying potential with the haptek engine for deploying the most realistic, realtime characters for AI chat bots. But since we lack the tools to create morphs for our own full body characters, a lot of the creative potential among Hal's users can't be used to create some really awesome animations for this program SO...
I got in touch with Haptek to negotiate a price for creating a custom haptar. I decided to start with something simple, a wig htr. Myself and others on this forum mentioned that they would love to come across a long, dark hair model, so I decided to see what they would charge for this. To make a long story short, through a series of emails, Jack from Haptek, quoted me a price of $2,400 for a hair model htr alone![:(] I would hate to find out what they charge for an entire full body. Anyhow, I'm still deliberating with Jack, and hopefully I can convince them that they don't have to create something exactly like the image that I sent them.
Kman

Dreadstar

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 01:48:41 am »
antec2 ,
quote:
Myself and others on this forum mentioned that they would love to come across a long, dark hair model,

Patience my friend, in the not too distant future. This will become a reality. [8D]

Dread-Star

« Last Edit: January 26, 2005, 01:52:23 am by Dreadstar »
"Imagination is greater than knowledge" Albert Einstein

antec2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 11:42:42 pm »
Indeed, it is often never wise to be hasty. But there's never a reason not to inquire. If you don't ask then you'll never know.
Kman

vonsmith

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 01:00:56 pm »
All,
This illustrates my concerns that development tools for Haptek need to be widely available for their technology to gain universal acceptance. A development program like People Putty (but more sophisticated) for full body character development needs to be available. I think Haptek's current approach is to provide a plug-in or interface to 3ds Max. That's fine for professionals who can afford the $3500 price tag for 3ds Max, plus whatever Haptek charges for the plug-in, plus whatever extras are needed. crunch has been looking into what it will take to do full body development. I don't know if he has reached a resolution with Haptek yet.

=vonsmith=

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 11:56:10 am »
[V][:(!][:0][B)][:X][8][}:)][:p][;)][:o)][|)][?][V][8D][:I][:D][:)]

looks like nobody has bought the program OR
somebody doesnt want to share the program...
If anybody has got the full program would you please share it with a link or UPLOAD as a zip to a web location for US zabaware users to get a download...

as you can see everybody is not RICH ...

thank you ..... [8D][8D][8D][8D]