dupa

Author Topic: Faces for Hal  (Read 3079 times)

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Faces for Hal
« on: April 15, 2014, 09:09:11 am »
Take a look at FaceGen. It's capable of allowing one to create a huge variety of faces complete with hair.

There is an SDK and it is supposed to support a variety of formats.

It would be nice if FaceGen could be workable in creating new avatars / characters for use with Ultra Hal!

It's also a lot cheaper than those 3D models but are they able to use "bones" for movement or morph targets?

Check it at: www.facegen.com

( this is in the interest of further development of Ultra Hal as I am not connected in any way with FaceGen.)
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Faces for Hal
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 10:53:29 am »
Hello Art thanks for posting this , I watched the video , it looks very interesting and looks like it has a lot of adjustable options for creating many variants of faces including aging and hair styles  . but of course if we are to get away from haptek ( not completely ) we need another player for it to work on .
any idea of another player that will work with this and will it lip sinc ?

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Faces for Hal
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 05:20:32 pm »
Actually Lonnie, I've been looking into the possibility of using something similar to the iClone characters. They are smart, nice looking (or can  be customized), move in a smooth, articulated manner and allow for lip syncing as far as I know.

The rigging or use of bones or kinematics is or would still be subject to question with regard to merging with the Hal brain and emotional output derived from triggers within the brain.

The iClone models seem to have large customer and support groups so maybe we should turn over a few rocks there as well.

www.reallusion.com/iclone/‎

###########
Recently, I came across the Facial Studio which seems to have some promise for custom creation and offers "muscle mapping", deformers like morph targets, etc. and well...check it out. I think the $199.00 price could be worked out for use with a product like Hal similarly to the way Haptek did, but that's my wishful thinking.

http://www.di-o-matic.com/products/Software/FacialStudio/

If you come up with any more maybe we should compile a list and see which might be workable.
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -