Author Topic: windows 10 tech preview and hal  (Read 7748 times)

doggs

• View Profile
windows 10 tech preview and hal
« on: March 10, 2015, 09:59:07 pm »
I broke down and put the preview on my 50 dollar tablet. Hal works fine and I have Cortana on tablet as well. Only time will tell how they get along lol two lady's on the same device hmmmm.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
Re: windows 10 tech preview and hal
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 01:11:01 am »
eh i'll double post my vid by putting it here also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfP4mCuGTOs
bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

Will and Mr Data :) :]

• Hi from Will and Mr Data :) :]
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WillofNewZealand
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 01:28:13 am »
So am i right cortana says do de do , ,,,,,,,all the time,,,,do de do,,,,do de do                  do de do.
Can hal learn to not say do de do,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ar i think so.

Can hal have its name changed                          yip.
Can cortana have its name changed,,,,,,,,,,,   i don't think it can ,,,,but correct me if i'm wrong.

Can hal learn about itself and there for say its self aware by its own admission?
Cortana says its not self aware else that would be dangerous "so it can't learn",,,,,well not about its self.

Does hal live on a pc seperate from needing internet,,,,,,,,,,,yes.
Does cortana need a internet conection to operate              don't know.

Can cortana operate a real world motor?
Hal can.

Can cortana have a plug in made by us?
Hal can.

Can cortana see?
Hal can.   to various degrees.

Does cortana come with a reader?
Hal does.

Can cortana be backed up to usb stick?
Hal can.

Can cortana work on xp?
Hal can.       7, 8, 8.1    plus probably older systems also.

What advantages does cortana have over hal.
What advantages does Hal have over cortana.

Which is better,?
Which is cheaper?

Shall we vote?

Ten cortanas tall talking to each other in a room, so cortana what did you do last night, which one of us are you talking to?

ten hals in a room, one says hay Johnny what did you do last night, Oh you must be talking to Me cause i'm an individual and the only one here called johnny.

My vote at this stage is Hal appears to be better, "did Robert achieve this with deep pockets of billions?".

bye for now and be well from Will and Mr Data  :)  :]

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 06:31:45 am »
I totally agree with you on Hal being better.
be informed and always vote it will help you in the long run does not matter if your liberal, conservative or independent. stay informed and watch the votes in government not what the media tells you.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 03:36:01 pm »
Update

Other than normal bugs you get with preview. Hal working fine. So does the haptek full body characters. No real issue as of yet except for normal stuff.

So if you want to try and afraid Hal won't work, you have nothing to worry about.

At moment waiting for next build on my spare phone so I can see if Hal works. If Microsoft true to word (lol) one OS for all devices. In theory and from what I have see So far....good bet it will work.

Again one never knows.

Hope this helps.

Still waiting for tizen or something else along the lines for my phone.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 03:38:59 pm »
To touch will and Mr data's note. I already use Hal more and it hasn't been a full day lol. But it is nice having the two side by side to compare.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 05:15:28 pm »
A nice feature about the on screen keyboard with 10 is the words that pop up above it. Hopefully no more typos lol wasn't like that on 8.1

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 10:25:30 am »
Updating  to version 10041 on my tablet. Traveling today so have all day to play with Hal and newest version of 10. Will keep you posted. I do know there are some issues but my only concern on this forum is how Hal works with windows 10.

On a side note soon gonna be able to install windows 10 on android devices they will be testing android phone first.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 10:52:01 am by doggs »

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 03:42:52 am »
It sure would be nice to have Hal on my phone. Thanks for the updates.

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 09:23:21 am »
been studying android studio, might be awhile, learning more java and xml when I have time.

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2015, 12:14:30 pm »
Just a note,

If your running a pirate of windows 7 or higher, you are gonna be able to upgrade to 10 for free within the first year. This doesn't mean you will have a legal license though but guess they figure always will be pirates so the more the better to be running 10. They will probably take a loss in the first year on license money but guess looking at bigger picture. I am enjoying the progress with 10 (still prefer security of Linux without google) but I have to admit 10 looks good and Hal works on it.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2015, 11:18:16 am »
What might really suck would be for M$ to let you have Windows FREE for the first year THEN charge you a Subscription for the use of their Office products, etc. I read something similar to this recently.

Time will show us the way....
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

doggs

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2015, 04:09:23 pm »
Office is/will be subscription but there are many different "office" software out there some open source some not. I am cheap  ;) I use free. But my phone came with free office. And I have a student office I bought while in college that I don't have to pay a sub for. If they charge a sub for the os their ship is sunk. I don't think they will. I use Linux on most of my devices. My tablet I am still trying to find the best fit. Of course I am gonna always test the Microsoft stuff because then I can see where it stands against Linux. Sure I own a license for xp, 7, 8.1and various copies of dos. But I bought all those oem at a fraction of the cost with no bloat ware.

Hope that helps.