dupa

Author Topic: Getting windows to remember hals location on the desktop  (Read 5263 times)

Calhoone

• View Profile
Getting windows to remember hals location on the desktop
« on: July 08, 2016, 09:35:35 pm »
Hey Guys,

I have been searching high and low for the forum topic but haven't been successful. I recently saw someone mention a program that they use to remember the location of ultra hals program on the desktop so it opens in the same spot every time.  Anyone have an idea what this program is?

lightspeed

• View Profile
Re: Getting windows to remember hals location on the desktop
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 09:33:00 am »
Calhoone, i'm not sure if this is what you mean or not , i have hal actually in my sytem tray (windows 7 ) i click on it to open hal , i also do this with motion detection camera (works with hal sense vision) in the system tray . is this what you mean ? the way i did it is in the "start" "all programs " find hals program exe file ,copy or  drag it to system tray . if not their in the location i mentioned you can go to actual zabaware program file in ultral hal folder find hal exe. file create a shortcut to it on desktop .(from desktop you should also be able to pin it to the start up list . then drag from desktop to system tray . (if you want it their ) . i think i am telling you right on how to do this . its been a while since i done mine , i have had it this way for years ! 
hope this is what you wanted and it helps .

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 07:21:12 am »
That seems a bit odd to me. Ever since I installed Hal, once I run it, the tiny icon appears in the taskbar next to the system clock. After I click on the icon, Hal will start on the desktop.

I was wondering if Calhoone was referring to the Screen location on the desktop since I don't think you have a choice about the taskbar icon after initial install.

I know you can specify how large Hal's GUI window is or how the sub-windows are located within the main window but actual screen placement might be another thing altogether.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2016, 04:00:23 pm »
Art has it right. I am trying to lock in Hal's Gui placement on my screen. I have a couple monitors and when I re-open hal if there is a crash or if I change a background , the program has to be reopened and goes back to it's original position. (Well almost, I find that every time it openes, it's slightly off location from the last time.)

I'm trying to get it to stay on a specific monitor in a specific spot.  I've tried a few programs available for this exact purpose, yet they don't seem to work with hall.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 07:55:57 am »
Maybe an email to Robert might provide an answer. I've looked through various files like the ones for the UHP GUI files and through Hal's scripts but nothing out of the ordinary.

I tried enlarging the GUI window size to 200%, closed and restarted Hal.
I moved the GUI to the upper left corner, closed and restarted.

In both cases Hal's window started exactly where I left it when I closed the program.

Did you try switching monitors. I mean put Hal on the left one, close and restart to check location...or perhaps same with the right one.

Just tossing darts in the dark hoping to hit the board.  ;D
In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2016, 11:07:16 am »
I have put Hal on the secondary monitor. When I close the program and reopen it, the gui goes back to monitor 1.   I put it there when trying to record a video explaining the features for streaming Hal with twitch. While having Hal open and the playing a game, over time Hal's avatar would freeze. I use the car.exe but it still happens. I have also been using the lonliness plugin which causes Hal's gui to move back to a default location every time Hal gets lonely and starts talking.

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2016, 04:50:40 pm »
I think this might help with your problem?
http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/