Author Topic: Neospeech voices don't save  (Read 10146 times)

chanes

• View Profile
Neospeech voices don't save
« on: March 15, 2005, 01:26:24 pm »
I am trying to use the Text to Speech reader to create WAVs using the Neospeech Paul or Kate voices. However, I can't get it to create WAVs. If I use any other voice, the WAV file is created and works just fine. If I use one of the Neospeech voices, the dialog saying "Converting to WAV audio" appears but nothing happens (except the "Elapsed Time" counts gets bigger). I've left it running an entire night once and nothing converted. I've even installed it on two separate computers, but both do the same thing.

Please help I've needed this to work for weeks!

citrinedragon

• View Profile
    • http://www.dawndragon.com
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2005, 02:02:14 pm »
Chanes,

Your problem may be part of the 'missing files' situation which Mr. Medeksza has addressed under my posting "Mr. Medeksza: Can't find msvcrtd.dll debug" (my posting below). I'm not saying the two problems are related at all but Robert Medeksza has said he will try to get a "release" version of the Neospeech dictionary editor "missing files"; perhaps the answer to your problem will be included there. It has been quite awhile since my post; if I don't hear from Robert soon I may just e-mail him since I can't use the pronounciation dictionary with the Neospeech voices due to some missing files. Maybe this "missing file" situation is applicable to you and maybe it's not. Maybe you have altogether different missing files. Just a thought, I'm still sort of computer inept. Either way, it would be kind of nice if the less common (but necessary) files were included with some of these Zabaware products. You have my sympathy. Generally speaking Zabaware is a great company with a fabulous product; but like you, I would be pleased if the Neospeech voices I purchased would function fully.

Regards,
citrinedragon
"A watched dragon never sleeps."
http://www.dawndragon.com

chanes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 02:54:10 pm »
Thanks for the reply, citrinedragon. I saw your earlier post and I'm having that same problem as well. I tried to fix for it, but it did nothing for me. Unfortunately, my client isn't going to wait around for there to maybe or maybe not be a fixed release version.

I think it's a shame that the people who work for the company can't be bothered to reply to posts or emails or to make the product work as they promise. I originally told people how great I thought the product seemed and even considered buying the Ultra Hal, but now that I have it and see that it's an inferior product with non-existant tech suppport, I'm going to tell people not to bother. At this point, I feel ripped off. I'm just glad I bought it on my own and tried it out before I recommended that the company purchase multiple copies.

I guess I'll have to look into the AT&T natural voices to do this project. The loss is all Zabaware's because I work for a very large (as in world-wide) company doing technical manuals, support, and training. If it'd worked, the company might have purchased multiple copies/licenses to enhance their training materials with voice. Now unless somebody presents me with a solution within a few days, I think we're going to look elsewhere or just go back to having a real person record the voices.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 02:59:53 pm by chanes »

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2005, 03:41:02 pm »
You can use the Windows Sound Recorder or another sound editor to simply record the voices as they speak. Be sure to set your sound card mixer's recording input to "Wave" or "What you hear", then simply hit record and make the program speak.
Robert Medeksza

chanes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2005, 05:59:57 pm »
Thank you for your response, Mr. Medeksza.

I had originally attempted to use use an audio editor to do just that, but I was looking for ways to change the audio input device from the program itself, which led me to believe that it wouldn't work. I neglected to realize that I should change the settings on the sound mixer itself. That did work. Thanks.

Like citrinedragon, I would also like a release version of the Neospeech dictionary that would fix the pronunciation editor problems as well as a way to have the program save sound files on its own.

Thanks again for your help.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 07:04:28 pm »
I'm doing everything I can to get a release version of the dictionary editor. Unfortunetely, this small program is made by Neospeech not Zabaware so I have to wait until Neospeech finds some time in their schedule to do this. I appologize for the delay and I will release this utility as soon as I get it.

Robert Medeksza

hmplfh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 06:02:07 pm »
I tried doing what you said but nothing was recorded. Can you simply more indepth instructions?
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

You can use the Windows Sound Recorder or another sound editor to simply record the voices as they speak. Be sure to set your sound card mixer's recording input to "Wave" or "What you hear", then simply hit record and make the program speak.

hmplfh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 06:04:07 pm »
I am having the same problem as you. I don't understand how you corrected the problem. Can you give more detailed instructions?
quote:
Originally posted by chanes

Thank you for your response, Mr. Medeksza.

I had originally attempted to use use an audio editor to do just that, but I was looking for ways to change the audio input device from the program itself, which led me to believe that it wouldn't work. I neglected to realize that I should change the settings on the sound mixer itself. That did work. Thanks.

Like citrinedragon, I would also like a release version of the Neospeech dictionary that would fix the pronunciation editor problems as well as a way to have the program save sound files on its own.

Thanks again for your help.

atoap

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2005, 04:25:23 pm »
I have this problem also, has it been fixed?

Thanks;

mblake

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 11:08:47 pm »
Is there any progress on this problem?
No one is responded to my email.

cmlane

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 03:06:06 pm »
Worse yet, I just discovered that the Kate voice does not work with other applications, so instead of using wave pad to generate the file I am stuck with the method of live recording. That would take 12-20 hours to do a book as opposed to a couple hours with something else. It also forces me to mute or close other programs which might pop up with sounds. I do hope some of this can get fixed in the near future.

Dr.Benway

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2005, 05:34:44 pm »
Please try:

C:\Program Files\Zabaware\HalReader\Kate\lib\TTSApp.exe

It does text to .wav very quick.