dupa

Author Topic: Humanoid brain  (Read 5736 times)

Seven

• View Profile
Humanoid brain
« on: March 02, 2005, 05:17:41 pm »
Hello all in the pc community!

First, I haven't been hear in a LONG time!  great to see the comunity still standing[:D]

So, to the point!

if you'll read into page 12 of the ultra hal assistant foums, you'll see spydaz's topic on construction of a humanoid,cyborg, android, etc.

His primary concern is mapping hal to "move".

but in all honesty, if you can get hal to drive a car or operate r/c stuff, even in limited ability, then this "shouldin't" be too hard.

My problem, common sense!

Think about it, hal opperates on a if/then set of reasoning, however, iam worried about things like opening doors, or climbing stairs, which although require if/then reasoning, it rather should be regarded as common sense thought, more so if responding or sensor imput!

My next, and more important problem, is conversation!

Hal will only respond when givin a statement, question, fact, etc.

what about giving hal the ability to "start" a conversation, and become a part of it.

The knowlage of hal is limited, but then again, teaching hal is "ALWAYS" the fun part!

if anyone can fabricate awnsers, or comments for these problems, respond.

and, well, wish me luck as well!
Sarge-"Options are Optional."

www.redvsblue.com

Seven

• View Profile
Humanoid brain
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2005, 05:26:57 pm »
I almost forgot, for the full versions that can support speach recognition, and that is SO not spelled right!, support should be added to alow multaple users on random.

Example,

you take you ai encanced humanoid to a convention, into a room/hall full of strangers.  With the current, it will only respond to whoever went through 2 hours+ of speach training, namely, you, the owner!  

but,

lets use the same sinario, except when a little girl walks up to your bot and asks a question, the robot can, without missing a beat, reply and carry on a conversation with a stranger.

this may require an advanced speach recignition engine, but any thing is welcome!

www.redvsblue.com

spydaz

• View Profile
    • http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/
Humanoid brain
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2005, 05:45:57 pm »
HI SEVEN

MY FIRST TASK IS INTELLIGENT CONVERSATION WITH HAL MY SECOND IS CONTROL.

AS YOU SAY THE CONTROL ASPECT IS REALITIVLY  EASY AS THERE ARE MANY CHIPS CONTROL INTERFACE AVAILABLE AND PPERSONAL CHOICE AND NEED IS OF A PERSONAL USE RIGHT NOW.

BUT AS I HAVE BEEN BUILDING MY NEW BRAIN[8D] I AM WRITING A SCRIPT TO FORILL HALS NEEDS TO LEARN AND FILE DATA.

I HAVE BEEN STORING HALS KNOWLEDGE IN A DICTIONARY BASED KNOWLEDGE BASE, ALONG WITH A TOPIC AND RESPONSE DATABASE. THE KNOWLEGDE BASE IS A RELATIONAL DICTIONARY WITH NOUNS AND THEIR COLLECTIVE NOUNS, DESCRIPTIONS AND GROUPING IE:

A CAT noun, CATS ARE , plural, PRIDE OF, collective noun, HAS FUR, definition, ANIMAL, GROUP.

IF THE DATABASE IS INCOMPLETE THEN HAL CAN ASK A QUESTION TO THE USER TO FIND THE ANSWER AND FILE THE ANSWER IN HIS DATABASE,

I INTEND TO GO DEEPER BUT NOT HERE..

MAYBE IF YOU WANT HAL TO AUTORESPOND THEN GIVING HAL QUESTIONS HE COULD FOURMULATE TO GET KNOWLEDGE , THIS MIGHT IMPROVE HIS SMARTNESS...

PS SORRY ABOUT MY SPELLING BUT IM BUZZING TONIGHT(HEAVYWEIGHT >> SATIVA)i do my best work[^]

Seven

• View Profile
Humanoid brain
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 10:37:17 pm »
Dude, thats sweet, tha'd take care of common knowlage EASY!

mabie when your done, you could post a download.

first, not of the hole brain, just the dictionary part.

2nd, post instructions if you do!

also, there are a few more issues i'd like to disscuss with you.

For example, how could hal comunicate with a complete strainger using voice recognition?

thats a MAJOR PROBLEM

ALSO, since hal operates on a gui, how whould you get it in a proprietary robot?

thease q's are just for starters!

www.redvsblue.com

Seven

• View Profile
Humanoid brain
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 10:02:19 am »
also, what's your web site?
your old one dosen't seem to work.

www.spydazweb.gotdns.com

ya get a new one?

also, you have hal's full version there right?

is it possable you could break that into portions?

thats a LOT of megs to download at one time through 56kbps.

thanks.

www.redvsblue.com

Seven

• View Profile
Humanoid brain
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 10:06:16 pm »
*bump*

yo spydaz, you STILL  have a website don't you?

or at best, do you know another means to get the full version of hal?

most whould look at this as a means of piracy, wich i don't condone.

but i have NO way of ordering the full version.

anyway, ill need the full version before i continue with my project.

P.S.  when are you on msn/windows mesenger?

ill contact you for in depth conversation which dosen't really fit into the zabaware forums.

www.redvsblue.com

Seven

• View Profile
Humanoid brain
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2005, 11:28:31 pm »
Wow, do the words Back Burner, mean anything to anyone?  NO, ok.  

Anyway i think iam ready to undertake this project again.  However i have a dilema.  Kinda...

I want to be able to operate hal (or spys ai, if he finishes it) out side of what i mentioned, to operate alone, as its on os, if possable.

Lets face it, windows is great, except
A.) it takes a while to boot
B.) it could use some work to make it better with resources
C.) Since its a huminoid design, Windows will gripe without a keybord, mouse attatched.

so...

Oh, spy, hows your ai comming along, btw?

-Seven-

www.redvsblue.com

Seven

• View Profile
Humanoid brain
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2005, 07:01:13 pm »
^ Pardon?

If you mean the forum, ive been here a while, i just don't post often.  I should however.

If not, what?

-Seven-

www.redvsblue.com

Bill819

• View Profile
Humanoid brain
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2005, 09:04:49 pm »
I don't know about Spy's robot I have a working model that has two brains. It started with the ER1 basic kit which can be programmed and only slightly understands spoken commands. You teach it a word or two then link those commands to its pregrammed functions.
When the robot is not performing the left side of its brain, that which understands communication, ie. Hal, it then carries on normal conversations.
I have not had the time to get down to any real study of the basic that Hal is written in but in the old version of Visual Basic there were some commands that would pass information from one program to another. If I ever get around to working with it I just  may find a way to combine both brains, ie, visal recogintion of people and things with the capability of auto movement and talking all at once.
In the mean time it is work in process.
Bill

Bill819

• View Profile
Humanoid brain
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2005, 09:19:28 pm »
OOps. I made a little mistake for the purest at heart. In the human brain the left side of our brains control the motor functions and the right side control the language functions.
My Hal has both brains running at the same time.
Bill