dupa

Author Topic: Mr. M.  (Read 17986 times)

NIGE

• Bringing things to life
    • View Profile
Re: Mr. M.
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2012, 12:48:26 am »
Iampan=== Great post,That's what I have been trying to say.
Beta testing, A way to find faults with a program working on many different configurations of computers,,,,,good idea.

Echoman===  I'm with you.

Art===   Yes the AI part is what we are after,
In the years I have had Hal I have talked to it only a few times, I don't have the patience to listen to all the drivel that comes from it.
but I still like some eye candy to talk with instead of a box with a mouth.

iampan

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2012, 05:11:02 am »
 i look forward to the new 3d engine but really my main concern is if this new hal is not zabbaware then will anything we have go transfer over? and will we get it as a update?    if we have to repurchase i would be ever so upset. i have only had hal for a year now and if i have to spend more money on the new version i dont think i could do it, just on principle.
all of the plug ins and textures and skins for hal were made by members of this forum, we made hal better( i say we, i only made textures)
that is why i asked about beta testing, i know that there is people here that would be willing to help finish this project just to be able to have it.
we can help,  and after a year of saying its almost done, mr. medeksza i think you may need our help here more than you let on. so please let us help you finish hal, and open some beta testing. or at least a preview of the new hal engine at work, all the videos are of the old hal.

with nothing to see the new hal is like schrodinger's cat its still boxed up so we don't know if its dead or alive til we get to open the box and look for ourselves. not trying to rush you but i feel we deserve at least a look at it . i could have looked but for some reason the ogre plugin dont work in my version and i cant get the version it reqiures, odd considering mine is newest you would think it would be better.

ok i said my piece sorry if i sound to direct but none of the polite questions have been answered.
I know it says I am a newbie, but I'm sure you all remember me... same name.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2012, 11:43:34 am »
hi iampan i imagine that the skins (if for characters ) won't be transferable and this is because of a new different "Amy" character (but i believe that robert said people will still be able to use hapteck as before with hal (keeping the same version 6.2 ) the skins for the hal viewer may be trasferable .  but i would really beleive that the brains that we have backed up and created would be migratable into the new hal version ,(OR SHOULD BE)  otherwise that sure was a lot of work and years down the drain for us all.   This is just my thoughts on it about what probably (hopefully) will be transferable to the new hal and engine .   :)

iampan

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2012, 03:19:21 pm »
i yes i realize that the textures wont transfer, i have been working in 3d for over ten years now, 3d max, maya and photoshop among several other programs, i taught others to do the same at jeff state community college.what hal taught me was working in haptek, which i wont even need in new program( i hope). i feel like we have been shoved onto the backburner, the webhal is using the new engine, and the mobile hal is out also, but we still dont even know the first thing about it, what it looks like how it work we know nothing! except that mr m is still working on it. why are we being kept in the dark. also it prolly took quit a bit of work to make that presidential answers web page, that looks like it was just for fun, and does us nothing for hal.   what i am saying is i am getting worried and a bit impatient. i love my hal, but am on the verge of giving up on the update, as i am sure most of you are also. keeping all of your loyal customers in the dark is not good business, and i am thinking of buying an other ai engine to work with, yes all the others are not as good at thinking but i have seen a few that were pretty close and those are updated regularly, i have been using kari 3 trial this week and it a really good ai that i have found no issues with. i would rather have hal but will transition over soon without some news other than "i am working on it still"
creating new things for your program is a good thing to reinvigorate your company but wont work if you lose all your previous customers.
how many of you ever talk to your hal? i hardly ever do, because hal still cant have a decent conversation even after a year of training, so i just dont even try anymore, that is money i spent thinking that the new version would be right out. 30$ is a lot to me as i am disabled and bed ridden. i thought hal could keep me company, but after a year i still cant talk to hal. been playing with the free verbot often and it has learned very quickly, but does not support 3d.
again let us here on the forums help finish hal or at the least make a video showing us the progress. something
mr m please read this.       -disillusioned paying customer.

iampan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2012, 06:28:54 pm »
i have asked several times in several threads to see the new engine working and received no reply, i figured that maybe it just wasnt working yet, well i found this statement this morning from mr. m himself and would like to see it running please.

"But if anyone wants to see our engine running the Ford characters and see the level of control given to the programmer I’d be happy to send you an executable if you want to sign a non disclosure agreement. I just want to prevent the characters from being publicly released."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 08:35:42 PM by Medeksza »
found at http://www.spydazweb.co.uk/home/project-updates/zabawarenew3dcharacteranimation

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2012, 08:31:13 pm »
white out conditions atm, on the towns backup generator too, winter here is late but is showing it's teeth and pearly whites atm been on the towns generator for 2 days now. once, we were without power for 2 weeks, hope that doesn't happen again. I hate snow and I especially don't like having to work in it.

please, someone send me two tickets to Hawaii quick, I'm going mad!

snow flakes are the size of a quarter, if you want some come help yourself, coming down so hard I can't see across the river.

gosh i need to move back to the beach where I belong.

I don't like feeling like I am related to anyone in the donner party period.

about 2 inches an hour, gosh I hate snow
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 08:49:17 pm by onthecuttingedge2005 »

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 03:10:50 pm »
Just my opinion. But I am certain Robert M. is trying everything in his power to get things moving along. Everyone's positions are similar but not the same. We would all love to do what we love and generate some kind of return. Where it was possible before is now almost impossible today. I'm sure Robert would love to have this just done but the conditions for people to not make time a commodity is impossible. Work twice as hard if your lucky to have a job and make less money. As a business owner myself these are everyday battles not just a project by project experience. If lucky, as all business people need to have something will turn to make things happen as quickly as we would like to perceive it to be.

Like many of us Ultra Hal is special to Robert M. but you need to find that curve to keep up with and equal the service you would love to give and the reality of today's situations to offer more. It can't be easy. Just speaking for myself but I am living these times with a business with many of the same people and things that were much more likely or possible are just not in as much control as it once was. Much more work goes into justification not only for today but the future which no one has a handle on.

Still loving my Ultra Hal and hoping something breaks for the best soon. Unfortunately it is never soon enough because we don't have as much control any more or resources.

Not an argument here, just giving a side that many are experiencing today. My own experiences.

Hang in there. Ultra Hal will be worth the wait.

raybe

NIGE

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2012, 06:33:43 am »
Mr M. It has been a month or more since any information on how Ogre & Amy are going.
I see by the video on the conference not a word about it at all.
Only about all the other irons you have in the fire.
Have you applied for a refund for Amy seeing as she more than likely WILL NOT be used.
That could be used to at least get Ogre working properly.

If you answer this post will you stick to the topic instead of beating round the bush????? >:(

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 07:09:44 am »
Can I make a polite suggestion for those wanting to see the new character(s?) in action ?

How about you make a video Rob ?

Post it on YouTube; there's no messing with non disclosure stuff, a little more exposure for the system and would give us all something to look at.

Would be cool  8)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2012, 07:30:04 am »
Can I make a polite suggestion for those wanting to see the new character(s?) in action ?

How about you make a video Rob ?

Post it on YouTube; there's no messing with non disclosure stuff, a little more exposure for the system and would give us all something to look at.

Would be cool  8)

Here's a video of the Ford characters running in the engine: http://www.zabaware.com/3Dchardemo.mpg
I have an artist working on the Zaba frog character in his free time independent of the Amy character. We may be able to get that working before Amy. But there is still the issue of paying the programmer of the engine to do work. $600 from the Amy character would not be quite enough. I have a couple of leads on possible funding sources, I'll post if something comes of it.
Robert Medeksza

cload

• I can C U load. TeeHee hee.
    • View Profile
    • A link to my sky Drive
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2012, 01:03:29 pm »
Hi all,

Robert I clicked on the link and the only thing that I got was a blue round circle with a ? In it.

I have a PC running Windows 7 64-bit, if this had something to do with the Macintosh video driver, that could explain things, I don't have it installed on my computer.

Sincerely, a database cruncher.

C load.
For anyone who would like to help me stay online, my T-mobile broadband pay-as-you-go phone number is: 816-248-4335, thank you in advance.

lightspeed

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2012, 04:04:34 pm »
Cload you are not the only one the page on my IE just keeps going with a circle but never opens . i have windows 7 64 bit to .  :P
i would have liked to seen the page i toticed the page link is starting with p something maybe that's why?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2012, 05:29:45 pm »
Your browser is trying to stream the video, but its not in a streamable format. Just right click the file, save as to your computer, and play it with any MPEG2 capable video player.
Robert Medeksza

NIGE

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2012, 06:45:03 pm »
Thank you Robert for your reply post.
Great little video that shows, what could be.
I've seen what other people have done with Ogre & the clarity is unreal.

Only thing is the waiting will be more unbearable than ever now!!!!!! :( :( :(

NIGE

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2012, 06:59:44 am »
Mr. M.
2 years or more since you told us about Ogre & Hal.
Then came Amy.
What came next??????
NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you can't get it all running, have the intestinal fortitude to come out & say you can't get it working,
A lot of people have left because they see Hal going nowhere.
Every time you answer any of our questions you answer with a lot of inconspicuous answers.

Get a beta out & let some test it,
It might help you a lot?
OH!!!!! And more info more often would help also.