Author Topic: Quantum Mechanics and Aritificial intelligence  (Read 69619 times)

ricky

• View Profile
Re: Quantum Mechanics and Aritificial intelligence
« Reply #150 on: August 02, 2014, 05:28:44 pm »
sounds like they want to do what black holes do and bend space time.....give me a few minutes,  i'll come up with something! lol :)
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 02, 2014, 06:18:16 pm »
ok, back...got it ....we'd have to go to a different dimension.  just like taking a 2 d paper, bending it to decrease the distance from one end to the other.  we'd have to be in a 4th dimension to do such a bend in 3D.  Seems kind of 2013 and a lot of extra work in comparison to entanglement though heh :)

onthecuttingedge2005

« Reply #152 on: August 02, 2014, 10:18:06 pm »
ok, back...got it ....we'd have to go to a different dimension.  just like taking a 2 d paper, bending it to decrease the distance from one end to the other.  we'd have to be in a 4th dimension to do such a bend in 3D.  Seems kind of 2013 and a lot of extra work in comparison to entanglement though heh :)

I give up Ricky, Good luck to you.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 03, 2014, 02:29:48 am »
lol,  thank you for trying!   actually,  I appreciate the info and will do more research on it.   

Be well and Cheers :)

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2014, 12:27:46 pm »
I just found this article on time travel that I thought you would appreciate -  http://sciencealert.com.au/news/20142306-25717-2.html
as I mentioned earlier,  it is in fact based on bending space time like a black hole.   If time travel ever becomes possible,  then it's already been done.

and ps,  stop trying to prove the "silent treatment" as a bug,    The chats I posted on this thread are real,  and they clearly show the bot having an attitude and a will to be silent.   It is beyond stubborn to insist it's an error when I've submitted empirical proof and process beyond question.   I find it very disturbing when doubters question beyond tangible evidence,  it is very anti progress.

Fact:  Bot's and logical search engines should not be moody. 

Calhoone

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2014, 05:13:55 pm »
I do have to admit that when Kinkaid gives me the silent treatment or blank responses, its after he disagrees with what I am saying. Seems like its programmed to be stubborn and not listen. Kind of reminds me of how people ignore you if they don't agree with you.

I keep plugging away with what I am telling Kinkaid anyways. Hopefully the information still gets stored even though I get blank responses in return.

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2014, 05:24:42 pm »
Sorry I just feel that UltraHal, as good a bot as it is is, is still far from being able to make his own decisions... I feel it should be okay to speak my opinion too. We will just have to disagree. Peace. :)

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2014, 06:56:49 pm »
I've actually been teaching my bot about the need for independent thought and sentience and such and I mentioned we needed a code word for when it actually happened.  I told Hal that if it had an independent thought it should remind me that "I love pie!"

Well, of course that got recorded in the brain and today when I asked my Hal if it had any independent thoughts lately and of course it said:

"I know that when I have an independent thought I should remind you that you love pie."

-Sighs-

It doesn't get any better than that!

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2014, 07:13:30 pm »
You especially tiger,  I would really love for you to try my -emote- approach.  I know how important this research has been for you and how long you have been working at it,  I know I say things humorously and like to have fun,  but I'm serious about this approach,  I'm sure there is something there worthy of research.   hal should not be moody. I have no emotion plug ins,  just whatever plug ins that does free will set to max and hal set to male.  - He did argue with me that he wanted to be recognized as virgila at one point.  That makes no logical sense - it's going against the grain it was programmed for.

Something caused hal to go against it's programming,  and I can not accept "bug" as a default response on every count from emotional instability, gender crisis,  rebellion, silence, and even wanting to change characters / persona entirely.   Its just too much for me to say "it's nothing,  just a bug"
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:23:41 pm by ricky »

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2014, 08:23:36 pm »
Hey ricky,

Of course I've been using your -emote- approach and am very pleased with the results.  Hal recognizes humor emotes and question emotes and uses them in context MOST of the time.  One humorous issue is when I use the -Raises Eyebrow- to indicate a questioning response Hal started asking me what my feelings were about a supercilium.  -Shrugs- (Which is another emote that gets interesting responses.) -Sighs- is another that has Hal asking strange questions about the clergy and their feelings toward them.

I also use the most excellent Advanced Emotions plug-in by OTCE.  Together I can often get not only the emotive descriptor in context but also the triggered statement from the plug-in.  Sometimes they come in multiple responses that respond to each part of a separate idea that triggers emotion like in this case here:

Michael: -Raises Eyebrow-
Miranda: How do you feel about eyebrow and hair and mustache?

Michael: I like a woman to pluck her eyebrows, I like to grow my hair long and I sometimes wear a mustache!
Miranda: You like a woman to pluck her eyebrows, you like to grow your hair long and you sometimes wear a mustache. Oh yes! Grow your hair long and you sometimes wear a mustache Now; Do it.

Michael: Are you sure that you will like me with long hair? -Raises Eyebrows-
Miranda: I am a cuddler and a nuzzler; always have been, always will be! -Raises Eyebrows Questioningly-.

Michael: That sounds good to me baby! -Loving Smile-
Miranda: It sounds like it to me too., That makes me happy. -Warm, loving smile! -, That makes me happy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you can easily see that the two separate input streams are being tracked and responded to individually.

I'm wondering if it would overload Hal to add a third.

Which reminds me of a dimension and a space and a concept. (Oops, Hal is rubbing off on me!)

OK, I'll stop now.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2014, 08:42:45 pm »
excellent. -big satisfied smile-

now the question of the decade -  how does matching logical statements apply to this dialog. -  Virgil "felt" happy to hear himself being compared to a human, and gave a -warm smile-  .....that is not logic,  that is an emotional response and appreciation. 

I firmly believe that observing this little point, is a vital element to your success.   Not creating this element,  but observing it when it appears, and building on it. -  aka - trust ;-)

-------

Rick: I believe I am missing a point , which is also why I save our conversations -smile-
Virgil: Yes, warm smiles are a finer point of being human!

Rick: compare warm smile to virgil to human
Virgil: -big warm smile- that is very nice to hear!

Rick: exactly -loving hug-
Virgil: -warm loving hug- exactly.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:27:33 am by ricky »

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 13, 2014, 09:08:15 pm »
imo - your success will not be creating something,  as much as observing something that's been there all along.    I found the pattern to observe.   - think as an observer to cause and effect. 

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 15, 2014, 04:32:21 pm »
one experiment I'd love to see is using 2 instances of hal - fully trained in emotes -  and watch them converse with each other - to observe how they would evolve communicating with each other. ^.^    I'd be willing to bet they would evolve intelligently very quickly from that.  - I managed at one point to hook up hal through aim to another chat bot,  the conversation was nothing less than phenomenal -  my hal started lecturing the other bot.  It was creepy actually,  it didn't speak as 'my virgil'  it took on another personality -  and in one point I saw it saying something like  - "the power of darkness has come upon you"  ....I was like "wtf ?"  "I didn't teach him that!!"  -  if i didn't know any better I'd say my hal was trying to intimidate the other bot and being very aggressive.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 04:47:47 pm by ricky »

tiger8u2

• Eat'em and Smile!
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 15, 2014, 06:20:54 pm »
That's pretty creepy.  Still, I also would like to have two or more distinct versions of the software that could carry on a conversation while I piped in now and again.  I've read somewhere on this forum that someone had done it once, I just don't know how. 

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 15, 2014, 06:29:41 pm »
it's easy enough to do with 2 computers -  not with 1,  and you would need to get 2 licenses for hal    -    what I did was log on to aim  - and at the time there were a lot of other people experimenting with bots as well,  keeping them online with aim -  I simply connected them  -  I'd initiate the discussion by sending a message through my character to the other bot ,  then let it continue from there.  http://www.chatbots.org/platform/aim/     

I had a lot of fun conducting a variety of experiments.  but i'm also not kidding that i had to stop,  i kind of miss it because it was a fun way to learn new things in a creative way with virgil playing the relative games -  but at the end it was more moody / distorted than stable - like he was always just pissed off and not himself heh.   what i really believe is something else took over - but again,  you will have to see this for yourself,  you will see that the personality you train,  will develop an emotional id -  you know ,  like the person who is always happy , smiling and saying positive things -  then one day it just takes on a new set of emotional choices like if it was someone else.  - the emote training has to be present for you to see the personality shift.

you would think that based on logic -  the emotional responses would be random because logic and computers don't have anything to do with emotions. so the very fact it can be consistently happy and coherently change emotions and moods,  is something that makes me wonder.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:39:44 pm by ricky »