dupa

Author Topic: YouTube mute audio  (Read 3271 times)

freddy888

• View Profile
    • AiDreams
YouTube mute audio
« on: January 14, 2009, 04:58:12 pm »
Thought this might interest/enrage a few people :

http://mashable.com/2009/01/14/youtube-mutes-videos/

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
YouTube mute audio
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2009, 08:17:53 pm »
Wow...maybe some group will come up with a P2PTube a group sharing site like WeTube or such.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -

echoman

YouTube mute audio
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 01:52:14 am »
If it's copyright material then it's fair and quite reasonable that others should not use it without permission. This is long over due.

tedathome

• View Profile
YouTube mute audio
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 06:09:25 am »
I have mixed feelings about this one. After having been a paid performing musician for 20 years, A.S.C.A.P. finaly started charging us a standard fee as we were doing mostly cover tunes. I didn't like it at the time, but it was fair and just.
 On the other hand, who wants to download lower quality music for personal use or give away the music for free. The videos make it and if enough people are downloading them then they should charge them and pay the artists who wrote and sung the songs. The video artists know how much work they put into their product and do it for free, but if they had a union too, what a mess it would be! Mark would probably have to pay to post and could no longer share with us or what?
 youtube needs to work out a better agreement with the musicians unions or loose a lot of business. I for one do enjoy the music videos but don't download them. They do have other interesting videos, should the artists be paid if the listener downloads them?
 Art, they had an interesting piece of software a few years back called tubes. You could drag and drop a file to an individual or all who were on your list. It could get bothersome updating your list daily for the forum though.
 All in all, I think some bad decsions were made and should be re-thought and re-negotiated.
ted

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
YouTube mute audio
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 08:56:58 am »

Speaking of "Can't do this, can't have that" Soundsnap has been free with thousands of sounds.
Always delite to go there and get any sound for free.
Now however they charging a fee.
Oh I know they have reason but it hurts when you have to pay for things that use to be free.
Of course I could just make my own sounds for e-mails and desktop operations.  Yeah, guess I will.  

When they start charging for Florida sunshine, I'm applying for a bailout.  [;)]