dupa

Author Topic: Cannot get speech Recognition to work.  (Read 4140 times)

denodan

• View Profile
Cannot get speech Recognition to work.
« on: September 09, 2001, 05:50:24 pm »
I cannot get speech recognition to work in Ultra Hal 4.0.147. If I go to control panel, and go to set up Microsoft English Recognizer 5.1. I get the error the requested task cannot be carried out because the nessary engine could not be created. Please select a different engine and/ or different audio device.

When I do get into the speech recognizer. There is no default in the models, and cannot make a new model. If I click on other to change the speech engine I get the error.

An error occured while windows was working with the control panel file C: Program filescommon filesMicrosoft sharedspeech SAPI. CPL

Before I upgraded to Ultra Hal 4.0.147. Things worked well, and could talk to Hal using my Microphone, with no problems. SInce the upgrade it no longer works, and cannot even use Dragon Naturally speaking, or IBM's Viavoice, which I also have installed on my computer. With Hal 4.0. I found only the Microsoft recognizer 5.0 worked. I notice the upgraded version of Hal uses microsoft speech recognizer 5.1, not version 5.0 like version 4.0 of Hal.

I tried going back to just have Hal 4.0 in, as this worked well with speech recognition, and now cannot get Hal 4.0 to work anymore. All I get is the following error.

Componet mssscript. ocx or of it's dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Yet when I reinstalled Hal version 4.0.147 again I did not receive the above error and only happens if I go back to Hal 4.0 of the disc.

I got the email to inform me of the upgrade 4.0.147, which I went to, but would not accept my email address to be able to get the upgrade. So email you, and instead of a small upgrade file, was the totally new full version of Hal 4.0.147, and not the small upgrade.

Also I notice it says for speech recognition the instructions say your region must be set to English(United States) which I dod do, but still the speech recognition does not work. And cannot even get Hal 4.0 running.

signmaker

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2001, 09:57:37 pm »
I haven't tried any version since 3.0. However, it didn't work then either. I went to the Microsoft page and re-downloaded the files, read ALL of the test speech into the microphone, uninstalled and re-installed HAL several times, etc. In short,I tried everything I knew to try but no success. No technical support response.

denodan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2001, 11:47:29 pm »
reinstalled Hal version 3.0, and it installed ok, with no msscript. ocx errors. Also Dragon Naturally speaking crashes Ultra Hal 3.0, but Viavoice works. So looks like I will have to go back and retrain it. I can talk to HAL 3.0 and it talks back now, but does not make sense it I retrain Viavoice again.