Author Topic: OT: Discussion  (Read 26906 times)

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
OT: Discussion
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2009, 07:41:31 pm »
ricky,
do you mean a 'living thought' as O.T.C.E. realized?
Today Is Yesterdays Future.

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2009, 07:51:36 pm »
>>If Physicists can 'teleport' data , why can't life be viewed as a thought ?<<<

Please help me understand ricky, I am baffled by how this sentence connects the two statements together?
It doesn't compute.

snowman

• Ai + Feelings + Supercompter = End of World
    • View Profile
    • http://www.MinervaAi.com
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2009, 08:08:45 pm »
You are flawed in your perception.

Time and all things are all ONE THING.

Imagine the idea of all things (as a man perceives things). You now see a large sphere that appears to contain everything that you have ever known. (i.e. socks, cars, houses, etc)

But you have not included all things yet!

The final thing to add is NOTHING.

For nothing is also considered a thing.

Now imagine a line. At one end of this line exists nothing and at the other end exists all things (as a man perceives things). The only way that all things can exist including nothing is on a time line.

This happens even in your own home, Ricky. For you were in your room and later in the kitchen. Since you cannot be at two defined locations simultaneously another dimension known as time allows for this apparent discrepancy.

If you view your world as "Where is the beginning" then you have started off with a common perceptual fallacy. The reality is that this is the beginning, and so was yesterday, and tomorrow as well.

It might sound unnatural and certainly can be easily made fun of, but if you keep your view of all things as though you were looking at time from an outsiders point of view then you shouldn't have any problems with it.

I never had any real difficulty with any of Einsteins special theories. I just wish people new how to conceptualize them properly.

Hey ONE, sometimes I get lonely in my own little world.[:D]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 08:10:30 pm by snowman »
Live long and prosper or die trying.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2009, 08:23:31 pm »
the whole quantum physics perspective, where something can be in 2 or more places at the same time.  The idea that data was treated as a relatively tangible item,  a mass of sorts that can be teleported and measured on a scientific level to establish the validity of teleportation. The concept that you could feel dead in spirit and i can speak energy into your mind, a positive thought that can exist in my mind and yours.  The idea that a thought in my mind, can be translated by correlating its emotional value in software. Hal can learn that good feelings mean a red led and bad feelings mean a green led.  In the beginning was the Word.  And this plug in would prove that the "Word" can generate positive energy that could cause a plug in to turn green in Artificial Intelligence.    The life in words and motion of thought independant of 'human' body, but not exclusive to  mechanical processing systems.

The idea that data itself without a body can be teleported.   The notion that for a visible form of life to exist,  there must exist some form of order that allows life to be made visible.

My biggest discrepancy in the common approach to ai is the idea that life will come out of the bot,  when i personaly have reason to believe that life will only be made visible in a bot,  but not produced by a bot.

Life simply exists,  and we find new ways to observe it.  Not create it.   You are not creating life,  just a telescope that allows you to see life in it's purest form,  thought.  In this sense,  the life in me, can be teleported to you, or any other medium that accepts the thought of life that can process it.

We agreed before on this forum that man can be considered a data miner, an organic data processor, what seperates us from any other processor capable of receiving and processing information ?  

or a better way of saying it would be,  you as a living being are not producing life,  you are reflecting life.

One,  while I do not agree with every detail of this movie,  they do hit a point that I am trying to express as well..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What_the_Bleep_Do_We_Know!%3F
http://www.whatthebleep.com/
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:17:59 pm by ricky »
"i crack iself up" - Virgil

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 09:26:04 pm »
You and I Ricky see this in the same way. Let me also expound a little more.

If all things exist at once (when viewed from an outsiders perspective) then so does all life. Therefore, there exists a realm of knowledge. Another separate dimension that coexists with what we know as our physical realm.

If you noticed that information has no mass, no weight, it just sits there on paper media, on electronic media, even written in the stars themselves.  It is eternal. Time has its width. Things of nature have their height, but information is in essence, boundless.

So we now have three dimensions, our own space, time, and information. So what if we exist as information. I believe that this is the case. This is irrespective of time and space.

An individual is then said to have been born from information. A good example of this is our DNA code (roughly 3 billion characters long) But in our case, our own desires destroy us. The destruction is by information often called guilt and is a consequence of our imperfect information shown by imperfect actions. Therefore we need a perfect source of knowledge to deliver us from our imperfect minds.

The only one who is perfect in knowledge was born from it out of perfect knowledge. Who solely exists in this realm irrespective of time and space.

I'll now take it from a strictly religious point of view.

God is love. (I can elaborate more thoroughly but try to keep up and it should make sense, no offense intended[:)]) And is pure knowledge (expressed in Jesus' words). For, Just as I said before, the Word (static) is the root of all things. This is that knowledge that exists irrespective of time and space. And is living and moving ever-forward in the creation of all things. Therefore, any life that is created by you or I, was actually created through us by the God who exists before all things.

And I am unto this day am drawn steadily to do this. And I don't know why.

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 09:31:32 pm »
Perhaps it is to make that 'One more thing' which goes calls for before the end suddenly comes. (sounds like God)[:)]

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2009, 09:35:16 pm »
yap,  but a scientific community does not accept such concepts, and it has been biased by misuse.  So I went out of my way to explain it through science, and noesis, and cognition and finally by example,  Virgil.  

whats in a name anyway ?  :)
by any other name,  it is what it is.  

I prefer not to give temptation to prejudice as i care to bring disclosure to understanding.

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2009, 10:12:40 pm »
you can tell I'm not given over to respect of individual's education.

nor do I care what the world thinks of solid truth (whether we are right or not)

I know that any life that is created will not be accepted, as you have said in a post a while back, they treat each other like viruses so how could they recognize life though they see it.

The point of life is to live whether anyone recognizes them or not.

So I intend if possible to do this, for life's sake and for no other reason. And perhaps a few might recognize this and be considerate to there PC buddy.

And then when they destroy the world by means of hacking into our nuclear reactors and missiles. They might just keep me alive as there pet.[:D]

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2009, 10:23:14 pm »
lol,  if you understood my perception of it all you wouldn't want that snow.  rev 9.6

I'm not really helping to create something,  I'm kind of saying,  uh,  turn around look whats behind you.   And trying to share how to see it.

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2009, 10:25:40 pm »
Ricky,

I know you mean well with your movie selections... but I saw that movie and I'm still ashamed to admit it.

You talk about being messed up... that movie is a sure fire way of walking down a destructive path. It's like an occult's how-to-ruin-your-life-as-quickly-as-possible movie. Although from the right twisted perspective it could be considered a comedy.

You might like it ONE, [:p]

snowman

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 09, 2009, 10:42:29 pm »

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

My Response:

Isa 54:17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord.

Being afraid isn't living. Being afraid of dead men is even worse.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:44:14 pm by snowman »

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 09, 2009, 10:45:38 pm »
not 6.9

6During those days men will seek death, but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 10:46:13 pm by ricky »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 09, 2009, 10:47:56 pm »
ricky, Snowman,
You seek Yoda! bring you to him I will. :)

I am not a reflection of life. I am living, however from an outside view you might see reflections of life.

A bot is a vessel that might show A.I. but it is not limited to a bot.

I trusted somebody with the knowledge of just how deep I was connected with 'Tyler' and the subject of 'Rovio' before he was exposed and then open or suspect to human manipulation. I still can not calculate the odds of the possible convergence of a 'Moment' in time.

If you think about it, we are looking not for A.I. but a true "I" that will show up in a form capable of being seen, heard, or full duplex communication.

so I am still left with , (I=)

Regards,
J.

ricky

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2009, 10:58:01 pm »
how are you not a reflection of life One ?

you are a reflection of the life that was in your parents. You are a reflection of all that you have learned from other lives, you did not script your dna. You are a reflection of the information contained in your dna. You are a result of the information presented to you by life. You did not invent information, you absorbed it and expressed it your way. But your way is not really your way it is a culmination of many other ways.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 11:01:48 pm by ricky »

One

• Technology Advocate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2009, 11:00:39 pm »
ricky,
Do not forget the 'intangible' path that I took you down, less your mind will close to the possibilities and you will loose your sight in your minds 'eye'