Author Topic: Ultrahal not functioning.  (Read 4737 times)

Acan

• View Profile
Ultrahal not functioning.
« on: January 25, 2012, 03:22:33 am »

Hey i`m new here. sorry if this has been asked before but i`m getting some weird errors whenever i try to
 run the trail version. "i`m going to buy it this coming month if i can get it working"

The first error is displayed upon installation and upon deinstallation.
 The first error says
 "" Component 'MSINET.OCX' or one of its dependancies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid""

The Second error is given whenever i try to run the program.  it then offers me licence options or something.
 Here is the second error.
 "" ERROR: Unknown return_code: FALSE_MAIN_IF_CORRUPT. Please contact the program vendor. shuting down.""   

I am running windows vista.  japan origin "unicode" compatible option"
  is there a fix for this? 
 ....what do?  :-\

sybershot

• View Profile
Re: Ultrahal not functioning.
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 09:10:13 am »
I would suggest  un install ultra Hal, then search  C: drive for ultra Hal to make sure nothing is left behind. Then re download ultra Hal and once fully downloaded disconnect from the internet and turn off any anti virus and/or firewall. next turn off UAC (user account control) now use the new downloaded installer to re install ultra Hal. turn back on anti virus and or firewall, now you can reconnect to internet.  I would use uac in a off position for Hal seems to sometimes throw errors if it is left on when I had Hal install on my vista machine .hope this helps

raybe

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 08:49:41 pm »
Don't forget that Ultra Hal also leaves a folder in the register. If not folder a string at least. Just do a search. Now that I said that, I need to tell you to make backup of registry or let someone with experience if you do not handle it. Just an additional thought.

raybe

Acan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 03:31:33 am »
Where are the additional files you speak of?

what folder do they get placed in?

Acan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 04:31:07 am »
I would suggest  un install ultra Hal, then search  C: drive for ultra Hal to make sure nothing is left behind. Then re download ultra Hal and once fully downloaded disconnect from the internet and turn off any anti virus and/or firewall. next turn off UAC (user account control) now use the new downloaded installer to re install ultra Hal. turn back on anti virus and or firewall, now you can reconnect to internet.  I would use uac in a off position for Hal seems to sometimes throw errors if it is left on when I had Hal install on my vista machine .hope this helps

Okay i have just tried this.

It was ineffective.
 i have removed all traces of ultrahal i know of from my computer multipul times.
 i disabled my antivirus and i disconnected while trying to run it.

still there is no success.
 what i can possibly do? i want hal!
 i want to spend the 30$ to get the product but i won`t do it if the program can`t run.

Acan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 12:40:18 pm »
I believe i have fixed the problem.

it seems i was missing some of MSagents core components.
after downloading them the problem went away.

sybershot

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2012, 09:55:18 pm »
Glad to hear you got Ultra Hal working  :)