Author Topic: haptek character has no lip sync  (Read 5678 times)

jblackmd

• View Profile
haptek character has no lip sync
« on: January 16, 2004, 03:40:02 pm »
None of my haptek character's lips move.  Is there some way I can fix this?  I have the retail version of ultrahal 5.0

Bill819

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2004, 04:06:12 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by jblackmd

None of my haptek character's lips move.  Is there some way I can fix this?  I have the retail version of ultrahal 5.0

Most of the problems that I have seen with Haptek lay with the video card in peoples own computers. Haptek characters are very demanding of video cards. Try the 2D characters first, if they work then you may have a problem with your video.
Bill

jblackmd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2004, 06:36:26 pm »
all of the 2 d characters work just fine.  i have a damn good video card.  guess i'll try updating the driver?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2004, 01:39:11 am »
Not all voices have lip-sync compatibility. For example ViaVoice outloud voices will lipsync with 2D characters but not with 3D characters. What voice are you using? Play around with your voice settings in order to find out which voices have the capability.
Robert Medeksza

jblackmd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2004, 09:00:09 am »
I figured that out.  I was using AT&T natural voice crystal, and it wouldn't work, which is too bad because it is a much better voice than the others.  L&T voices work fine, and crystal works with 2-d characters.

My latest project has been to create a good custom character.  I am using people putty, but I just wish I could get the voise right.  I also have Poser, and I can make a good picture but I can't figure out how to make a 2-d character.  I have the msagent character editor, but I can't quite figure it out.  Any help would be appriciated.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2004, 12:12:40 pm »
If you are running the latest version of the AT&T voices then it installed both a SAPI 4 and SAPI 5 version of the voices. You will see 2 entries for each voice in Hal's options. One works with 2D characters, the other with 3D characters.
Robert Medeksza

jblackmd

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2004, 07:13:59 pm »
i do have 2 at&t crystals listed, but neither of them work...i probably have an incomplete version.  I'll keep looking.

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2004, 01:58:27 am »
If you installed the voices after you installed Hal, you may need to run the program called SAPI Config. It is located in your start menu under the folder Haptek Player (The 3D character engine Hal uses).  Once the haptek sapi config sees the new engine it will be able to use it.
Robert Medeksza

jblackmd

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2004, 08:02:47 am »
i tried that, and I got an error message that said "sapitts failed"

jblackmd

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2004, 06:06:18 pm »
I am still having trouble  with the lip sync.  I have natural voices 1.4 installed.  I have tried to run the haptek sapi config and I get an error message.  Any other ideas?

weazel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2005, 11:53:18 pm »
[?]My Ultra Hal works fine and no problems with lip-sink using People Putty character's to chat with hal.
My problem/or desire/ is to have them lip-sink to just plain text ritten in hals note pad, or word for windows ext.
So far,niether the Ultra Hal text to speach reader or Ultra hal's note pad, produce lip-sink'ed character responce.
Anyone know how to achieve this???
Any responce to my delima would be greatly appreciated.
scott.

Art

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 04:54:32 am »
Scott,

Use Notepad and write any text file of your choice.
Make sure you begin with one blank line (press Enter)

Save it with a txt extension.

After Hal starts open Windows Explorer or My Computer.
Locate your text file, Drag & Drop it onto Hal's window.

Have fun!

PS - If you search your computer or the net for ogg files you can Drag & Drop these onto Hal as well. Some talk and others sing.

In the world of AI it's the thought that counts!

- Art -