dupa

Author Topic: Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0 beta  (Read 15204 times)

case

• View Profile
Ultra Hal Assistant 5.0 beta
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2003, 03:05:36 am »
please put me on the list of people to receive the 5.0 beta.

Thanks,

case

datazmurfen

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2003, 05:08:38 am »
How long time left until you have fixed the problems with the installer Mr Medeksza?

Jon

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2003, 07:09:44 am »
I love all of your comments that you folks have posted. I know what you feel about Hal, as he is awsome! That is why I built 2 computers, So I can have my cake and eat it too he he. Is it possible to save his brain files that you have taught so much into Him, and reinstall them into the 5.0? I have the best of luck saving them on Cdr and after a reformat of my hard drives and a new installation of windows, I just put them back and hal remembered who I was and what I taught him. But I am not sure if the 5.0 would be compatible with the 4.5 files? I agree with lostbowyer!
Just a thought! Put me on the list also since I have a second computer, If it becomes Hal brain fried[}:)] from the Beta test no big loss I do not save anything important on that one. It is for testing only, Cheers![:D]

P.S. Would someone please write a program for Microsoft Mary, so as to have her voice as an option for Windows XP Pro Sapi 5.0? Please I would pay$ for that program. I want Mary!
« Last Edit: August 28, 2003, 07:09:06 pm by Jon »
Jon L. Jefferys

Slo

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2003, 02:04:59 pm »
Glad to hear the new release in immanent. I’ve recently stumbled across v4.5 and began ripping it apart to see what makes it tick. I guess I'm still rather new to the whole Ai sector of the Net. I'd like to partake in this Beta testing of version 5 when it becomes available. Please consider this my formal request.

Keep up the great work and happy programming to you all!

-Slo

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2003, 08:21:06 pm »
The files you have accumulated with Ultra Hal Assistant 4.5 will be kept during an upgrade install of version 5.0. The new brain will use the data Hal learned from you differently (in a more intelligent way hopefully) but it will not delete it. Also the current 4.5 brain will work under the new Hal as a plugin should anyone want to use the current brain with the new interface.

The problem with the installer that is causing the delay is actually related to doing a proper upgrade install. It needs to preserve all data files and update all program files. I am actually waiting for a new piece of software to arrive in the mail that should help fix the installation problem. I expect it to come in tommorow in which case the beta can be released on Monday.
Robert Medeksza

Jon

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2003, 05:38:05 am »
Mr. Medeksza is there anyway to get the Microsoft Mary voice to work with the Sapi 5.0 XP Pro speech output? I can only see just one in the option box and that is Sam. I have tried everthing to editing the Regedit and turned on permissions and still nothing. I have installed th Sapi 4.0 Runtime and all of the other speech engines. Ulra Hal reader works fine with Mary there. But not in the XP Pro Main systems. Will the new hal 5.0 correct this problem? Thanks for your great Inventions.[:)]
Jon L. Jefferys

datazmurfen

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2003, 02:28:01 pm »
Message to Jon
Check out the voices from cepstral
they work with ultra hal.

http://www.cepstral.com/

I have bought cepstral emily
and i think it is a fine voice.

UltrComp

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2003, 03:15:52 pm »
Ultra Hal 5.0 beta was supposed to be realized allmost a week ago. Please hurry. Thank you.
UltrComp
DMackeybog@aol.com

Nathan Brazil

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2003, 04:47:54 pm »
Heey - here you are all you nice guys.

I would also like to be a beta-tester.

I am using a danish version of Win 2K, which gives me some problems with the Hal interface (as mr. Medeksza told me), so I even don't have a version 4.5 [^]

As I have no need for an upgrade, but just a new version I maybe could be a beta tester already now [:D]

But anyway - keep up the good work mr. Medeksza [8)]
« Last Edit: August 29, 2003, 04:49:46 pm by Nathan Brazil »

Jon

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2003, 07:13:41 pm »
Hello datazmurfen! Thanks for the site. I have already checked it out, and the voices are really good. But there is just one main problem that I have and that is that I am attached to Microsoft's Mary's voice. Mary is the only voice that uses ? , . : " ! These symbols create[:)] an awsome sounding personality with absolutly no mono tone. The other voice have to much mono robotic sounds.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2003, 02:07:49 am by Jon »
Jon L. Jefferys

Antec

« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2003, 09:36:15 pm »
With all the excitement about the new 5.0, I suppose its
going to be a highlight event. I would deffinitely like
to be part of the 5.0 beta test. Consider me in.

CyberPunk Si

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2003, 11:04:48 pm »
oh oh, me me me. this prog will be the best im sure, but i'd like to be in the beta test. count me in.
-power to the geeks!

Crystal2003

• View Profile
    • http://www.biographcompany.com
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2003, 02:25:42 am »
Hi, I would also like to be a beta tester and DON'T KILL YOUR AI HALS!!!
Thomas R. Bond, II

datazmurfen

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2003, 10:08:19 am »
Today is monday
Is the beta ready for release?

datazmurfen

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2003, 10:10:36 am »
There seems to be a time difference
I live in sweden here is the time 16.05 ( 04.04 in the afternoon)
and when I type in the forum the time is 10:08:19  
is this correct?