dupa

Author Topic: Neo speech and Vista  (Read 14222 times)

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 08:43:06 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas R Wahl

All the voices work on Vista except Paul and Kate. I did purchase this product for home use and not for anything else. I tried all the fixes mentioned, but still get the Spam Warning when trying to use the program with word and Paul or Kate. I'm sure the issue is with the Zabaware software. Is there a fix for this problem yet.

Are you using the new Ultra Hal TTS Reader released 2 weeks ago? The older version is not vista compatible. An email was sent out to all customers about the free update. If you have the update have you run Ultra Hal Text-to-speech reader and entered your serial number to unlock the software? If the voices are not registered the program gives you the opportunity to enter the serial number each time you start it. If you entered the serial, does the voice work normally inside of Ultra Hal Text-to-speech reader but adds its "this is a demo" speech when using another software like Ultra Hal Assistant?

If the voices work fine in the reader application, but not in any other then this means vista is virtualizing Neospeech's license file meaning it wasn't running as admin when the license was installed. To remedy this, go to C:\program files\zabaware\halreader\kate\data-common\verify and delete the verification.txt file. You may have to click a button in vista's toolbar to show the virtualized vesion of the file too. Repeat this process with Paul at C:program files\zabawarehalreaderpauldata-commonverify  Next restart the hal text to speech reader as administrator and reenter the serial number. It will reinstall the verfication file and vista shouldn't virtualize it.

Also what do you mean by "spam warning"? Do you have any software installed that could be blocking the neospeech voices from working properly?
Robert Medeksza

Duskrider

• Global Moderator
  • Graphic King
    • View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 10:00:38 pm »

Huh?  "....serial number to unlock the software..."

A serial number for Vista Hal Reader ???
Am I suppose to have a serial number ?

I ordered the Hal Reader on CD in 2005 and installed it.   I don't remember a serial number or password if there was one.  ?
I do still have the CD.

I just downloaded the new version of Hal Reader for Vista (I still have XP windows) and I was going to install it but it said I need to uninstall my old Hal Reader.
But I don't want to un-install if I need a serial number to re-install the vista because I don't have a serial number to put in.  
I went and looked at your purchase record of me and saw no Hal Reader.    I purchased Hal Reader on CD in 2005.

Question:  Do I need a serial number to upgrade to Vista Hal Reader?

Medeksza

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://www.zabaware.com
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 11:01:09 pm »
quote:
Originally posted by Duskrider

Huh?  "....serial number to unlock the software..."

A serial number for Vista Hal Reader ???
Am I suppose to have a serial number ?

I ordered the Hal Reader on CD in 2005 and installed it.   I don't remember a serial number or password if there was one.  ?
I do still have the CD.

I just downloaded the new version of Hal Reader for Vista (I still have XP windows) and I was going to install it but it said I need to uninstall my old Hal Reader.
But I don't want to un-install if I need a serial number to re-install the vista because I don't have a serial number to put in.  
I went and looked at your purchase record of me and saw no Hal Reader.    I purchased Hal Reader on CD in 2005.

Question:  Do I need a serial number to upgrade to Vista Hal Reader?

Yes, the new Vista capable Hal TTS requires a serial number to install. Its not an activation system like Hal 6 so you don't have to worry about serial/authorization/activation codes. Now whenever you purchase any CD from Zabaware you get a CDROM with all of Zabaware's software: Ultra Hal Assistant, Character Expansion, and TTS Reader with NeoSpeech. Serial numbers for products you purchased will allow you to install the full version of the software. If you didn't purchase a serial number for the software you can load a demo version: 30-day trial in the case of Hal Assistant, or a nagging NeoSpeech voice in the case of NeoSpeech.

I generated serial numbers for all past Hal TTS customers and emailed them out a couple weeks ago. If you didn't get one, send me a private message using this forum and I can look it up for you.
Robert Medeksza

Thomas R Wahl

• View Profile
Neo speech and Vista
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2007, 10:29:59 am »
quote:
Originally posted by Medeksza

Originally posted by Thomas R Wahl

All the voices work on Vista except Paul and Kate. I did purchase this product for home use and not for anything else. I tried all the fixes mentioned, but still get the Spam Warning when trying to use the program with word and Paul or Kate. I'm sure the issue is with the Zabaware software. Is there a fix for this problem yet.

Are you using the new Ultra Hal TTS Reader released 2 weeks ago? The older version is not vista compatible. An email was sent out to all customers about the free update. If you have the update have you run Ultra Hal Text-to-speech reader and entered your serial number to unlock the software? If the voices are not registered the program gives you the opportunity to enter the serial number each time you start it. If you entered the serial, does the voice work normally inside of Ultra Hal Text-to-speech reader but adds its "this is a demo" speech when using another software like Ultra Hal Assistant?

If the voices work fine in the reader application, but not in any other then this means vista is virtualizing Neospeech's license file meaning it wasn't running as admin when the license was installed. To remedy this, go to C:program files\zabawarehalreaderkatedata-commonverify and delete the verification.txt file. You may have to click a button in vista's toolbar to show the virtualized vesion of the file too. Repeat this process with Paul at C:program files\zabawarehalreaderpauldata-commonverify  Next restart the hal text to speech reader as administrator and reenter the serial number. It will reinstall the verfication file and vista shouldn't virtualize it.

Also what do you mean by "spam warning"? Do you have any software installed that could be blocking the neospeech voices from working proper

What do I need to do to get this software working again